It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico warns Trump on tariffs: We'll respond 'immediately'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Vector99

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I take it you don't have an education in business?

I find that hilarious from someone who clearly doesnt understand what a Tariff does, just who do you suppose the burden of the higher prices on incoming goods is going to be passed down to?

Ok so since you are so educated on the subject, what exactly does a tariff do? And how does it directly affect the consumer? And how does it directly affect the merchandiser?

Now keep in mind USA is a capitalistic market.

It's been explained to you multiple times already what it is and what it does...

The fact that we are a capitalist society has absolutely no bearing on the effects of a tariff

Seriously are you trolling?

No, it hasn't RINO. WTF was this reply? You seriously just made shlt up and threw in a Jackie Chan stencil. Are you retarded?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Vector99

I agree the US has a minimum wage,so the prices of item's will go up about 35 to 40%,the reason why they send things overseas,we will go through so hard times,and chances of a wall being built sounds reaching I'll believe it when they actually start on it

If prices went up 15% I would be shocked. Like OMG what is happening shocked. That's a high figure btw, and as I've said a couple times, the increased individual revenue, aka GDP would significantly increase by default.

Every financial statistic regarding this scenario ALWAYS trends negatively for US GDP with outsourcing. Tariffs will prevent cheap labor outsourcing.

No it wont, the only thing that will prevent outsourcing is fixing the issues with regulations for companies, and fixing the tax issues with companies where they can actually afford to hire here in the US and not take a huge loss....

You do that and they might actually be able to increase wages..

Tariffs will not hurt them enough to offset what they are saving to not only hire outside the us but operate their businesses.......

You sir have absolutely zero sense about business in general.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I agree the US has a minimum wage,so the prices of item's will go up about 35 to 40%,the reason why they send things overseas,we will go through so hard times,and chances of a wall being built sounds reaching I'll believe it when they actually start on it

If prices went up 15% I would be shocked. Like OMG what is happening shocked. That's a high figure btw, and as I've said a couple times, the increased individual revenue, aka GDP would significantly increase by default.

Every financial statistic regarding this scenario ALWAYS trends negatively for US GDP with outsourcing. Tariffs will prevent cheap labor outsourcing.

No it wont, the only thing that will prevent outsourcing is fixing the issues with regulations for companies, and fixing the tax issues with companies where they can actually afford to hire here in the US and not take a huge loss....

You do that and they might actually be able to increase wages..

Tariffs will not hurt them enough to offset what they are saving to not only hire outside the us but operate their businesses.......

You sir have absolutely zero sense about business in general.

Ive owned two businesses, one of which I sold for a nice sum.....and now own another...

My family has owned their own business for almost 30 yrs....

I really dont care what you opinions are of me, considering you had no actual rebuttal for me in regards to the content of my post other than name calling, its very clear that im not the one who doesnt understand business in this conversation....

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I've known a lot of unwise business owners, like yourself. I can guarantee you are in the business of sales, which doesn't require much knowledge tbh, just know buy low sell higher.

Manufacturing costs are catching up to a point they will not be profitable for outsourcing. Throw a tariff on that and outsourcing isn't profitable anymore. Prices increase marginally, however production must remain, so now that it is no longer profitable to manufacture offshore for pennies on the dollar, it will actually become PROFITABLE to invest in manufacturing endeavors in the US.

If you can tell me what a P&L statement is, and what a standard expectation of it is, I'll continue talking to you.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I've known a lot of unwise business owners, like yourself. I can guarantee you are in the business of sales, which doesn't require much knowledge tbh, just know buy low sell higher.

Manufacturing costs are catching up to a point they will not be profitable for outsourcing. Throw a tariff on that and outsourcing isn't profitable anymore. Prices increase marginally, however production must remain, so now that it is no longer profitable to manufacture offshore for pennies on the dollar, it will actually become PROFITABLE to invest in manufacturing endeavors in the US.

If you can tell me what a P&L statement is, and what a standard expectation of it is, I'll continue talking to you.

Lol this whole post still addresses nothing I have stated previously
1. The whole reason they are outsourcing is manufacturing costs, and labor is cheaper
2.i don't have to prove anything to you, I'm right about tariffs and the effects
3. The fact that you think sales takes "no knowledge" shows that you absolutely know nothing about business , nor have you ever had to hire anyone to expand your business prospects.
3. The fact that you're trying to attack me instead of addressing both mine and Phages posts speaks volumes.
4. Every business owner is in sales

edit on 1/15/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Ive owned two businesses, one of which I sold for a nice sum.....and now own another...

//snip//...

You are correct in your previous statements about gov't regulations etc.
I've owned several businesses and the only entity that made more than me was the government bar none.

Targeted tariffs work in a free-market as it creates a thing called 'innovation' and 'invention'...a sorely lacking word in today's United States. That is in its' own right an entire thread...but to the point of this thread:

Mexico is in panic mode. And should be.

They have no economy without the United States in which they can survive and have been always a parasite of the United States which has grown to harm the host. That said, they are a parasite to their own people!

For goodness sake they have to export oil as a way to produce gasoline...because they can't produce enough gasoline in the interior.

Billions are transferred monthly from wage earners inside the United States sending money back. That money is often subsidized by housing assistance, food stamps, free education, free food at school, free uniforms for kids, free health care, this list is f'ing endless...

I am all for helping people of other nations, persons in need...but MY country comes first and so should it's people.

Mexico is afraid the milk is going to dry up....and should be.

Before the old tired argument of "who is going to do...(fill in the blank)" ....fyi...it got done without illegal aliens.

mg

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Totally agree with this whole post....

We're also forgetting a lot of their revenue comes from the drug trafficking trade which the gov is also involved in

However that doesn't benefit the civilian populous at all.....

My opinion on tariffs for Mexico though is that to compensate we would see a huge spike in drug running operations on the border

I could be wrong about this but that's my guess....

It might work it might not who can say at this point.

What I'm definite of though, what their response exactly to a tariff would be should be interesting

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

HAHAHA

Seriously man, you have absolutely zero sense regarding business, or reading for that matter.

i don't have to prove anything to you, I'm right about tariffs and the effects

typical liberal talk, I'M RIGHT NANANANANANANANA

The fact that you're trying to attack me instead of addressing both mine and Phages posts speaks volumes.

I've addressed both with facts, questions, sources, and follow-ups. You go NANANA I'M RIGHT.

4. Every business owner is in sales

Yea, I am really doubting you being a business owner now. Well let me be fair, I know for a fact that if you own a business there are several individuals out there that could easily do whatever you do better. You don't possess business knowledge.

Tariffs are an imposition on imports. We import cheap crap. We can make the same things for slightly higher labor costs, but we don't because there are free trade agreements making it slightly cheaper to outsource.

The fact you couldn't even answer what a P&L is tells me you're a smartass lying through his teeth trying to act important online.

Good for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Again showing your ignorance, I'm not a liberal either, not even close

The fact you couldn't even answer what a P&L is tells me you're a smartass lying through his teeth trying to act important onlin

I see a lot of projection going on

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

so what is it then?

There is literally zero chance of you owning a business and not knowing this.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Thank you for that breath of fresh air among the insanity!

Next round on me!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

so what is it then?

There is literally zero chance of you owning a business and not knowing this.

Your opinion on whether or not I own a business has absolutely no bearing on the fact that I know what I'm talking about and what tariffs are or the effects there of OR the fact that you clearly don't know what they are or the effects on consumers.

Neither does your opinion of me....which you've already been wrong about your assumptions of me twice.

Trying to attack me won't make me you right and just weakens your case

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Thank you for that breath of fresh air among the insanity!

Next round on me!

You mean the post where he confirmed what I said about tariffs was accurate lol

Ps I do P and L reviews end of every week so you Can move on from that little hang up you've got

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

WOW..just wow. You now totally agree with

Targeted tariffs work in a free-market as it creates a thing called 'innovation' and 'invention'

but 10 minutes ago said

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Riffrafter

They are assessed to the manufacturer that wants to sell his goods in the US after making those goods in another country.

To clarify a bit, tariffs are applied to imported products which increases their domestic price. It is a purely artificial price increase.

Thats the short sighted-ness of Trump supporters.......they advocate for Tarrifs on Mexico and China, yet they forget that so much of the things we get for big box stores and places like Walmart, come directly from these places.....

That means that their low prices that take advantage of to feed their families , outfit their homes, and buy clothes from will no longer be a viable option.

Sorry, I'm in that mood to call out stupid tonight, and you're making it easy.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I agree, let them respond. Time to ween them from the tits....

The drug trade doesn't help Mexico proper or filter it's way to the people in any beneficial manner. Even that ridiculous trade is an economy of itself and being replaced by absorption and oddly enough innovation and relaxed laws on marijuana and absolute ease of making horrible things eg. meth which is replacing coc aine, hand-outs of pharmaceuticals etal. That market is in house now, captured within the United States. The external drug trade is dying.

I would hire, expand and pay more if the United States government got out of my way in taxes. I don't mind paying them, but make them realistic. The entire time, I am being taxed to allow cheaper goods.

People that 'think' they had a business at some point in life have no idea what it is to actually have a business operating, sustainable and on the table.

Small business was once the backbone of this nation for a reason. Money was there, scads...so it was eventually taxed to death by people that don't understand operations and physicality of monies (the politicians).

Let's just toss out a question:

Does anyone out there understand (and this is very basic single instance), as an employer, I match an employee's Social Security on each check?
So....near fifteen percent of your legal earnings are placed fund that produces nothing...think of that.
Anyone really think of that?

I already pay for cheaper goods entering the US. It's time to raise the bar of in imports.

mg

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Ps I do P and L reviews end of every week so you Can move on from that little hang up you've got

Ehh, hanging up on the little things usually works on trolls that lie. What's your bottom line percentage?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

So what about all of the domestic manufacturing industries that depend on imported materials to manufacture their goods ?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Ummmmm who said I agree with you?

The quote you just posted has nothing to do with what I said about the complicated implications on the consumer that I pointed out....

You're just jumping around , I can't even fathom how you connected those

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Does anyone out there understand (and this is very basic single instance), as an employer, I match an employee's Social Security on each check? So....near fifteen percent of your legal earnings are placed fund that produces nothing...think of that. Anyone really think of that?

You match more than that if you are required to provide benefits too. One simple reason I sold my business was the incoming threat of healthcare revisions. I was up to 20 employees, and was at an expansion point. I wouldn't have been able to pay the costs of providing healthcare for my employees. All my guys made 30k+

People don't understand that point, cost of ownership of a business is pretty high, hence the cause of outsourcing for shaving % off the bottom line.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I am reading your comments, thanks for reason.

Tarrifs on Mexico or any other nation will only cause them, as a collective, to figure thier own-out.

Repatrioting Trillions of dollars to the US, tax free, scares the entire global economy.

Dump that back into the US engine....bar the door Katy.

mg

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join