It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico warns Trump on tariffs: We'll respond 'immediately'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Personally, I think that Trump should push Congress to tariff the hell out of Mexico until a 40' above ground, 20' below ground 4' thick concrete wall with machine gun turrets every 100 yards, radar, and seismographs is built and paid for, and all illegals are back in their countries of origin.

Lol extreme!

I want a concave wall with sensors built into the wall and it uses signals to bounce off the wall to act like a big camera aka motion sensor with the ability to heat up the area in front of the wall like less then lethal miltary tech. I think that would stop people real fast and doesnt require a turret and can be monitored at all times.

I want the border to be like area 51. NOTHING but desert surrounds area 51 for miles, try sneaking up on it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

When it stopped falling.

That chart starts in October. Try this one. Looks to me like it starts climbing from a low in May. Seems it's been falling for a couple of weeks now. But maybe I'm wrong.
www.marketwatch.com...

edit on 1/15/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

The Wall will get a nickname, what do you think it will be?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Looks to me like it starts climbing from a low in May

May? Hmmm
26May2016
edit on 15-1-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

So, what happened in June? And August? And the past couple of weeks?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Motion detectors!!! Good idea...and anti-drone missiles! Then they can't go over, under, or through the wall without us knowing and stopping them

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is it still up trending at a record high since 2008?

I'll look later (getting late here) but I bet his dumbass tweets about boeing and the other one probably coincide with the flats.

Doesn't mean the end result isn't a dollar stronger than it's been in a long time. It's based on that orange messiah guy.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

It's based on that orange messiah guy.

You would have had a stronger position if you went with Wall Street.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's based on that orange messiah guy.

You would have had a stronger position if you went with Wall Street.

Wall street is getting a bit too excited about Trump IMO. Strong dollar and booming markets are usually precursors to crashes. I don't really see a huge crash like 2007 though, but I'm not extensively knowledged on all the little factors. I think we will see a bubble pop soon, but not a loss in the strength of the dollar. That I see rising on a steady basis for some time. I really think it might overcome the value of the euro soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

They are assessed to the manufacturer that wants to sell his goods in the US after making those goods in another country.

To clarify a bit, tariffs are applied to imported products which increases their domestic price. It is a purely artificial price increase.

Thats the short sighted-ness of Trump supporters.......they advocate for Tarrifs on Mexico and China, yet they forget that so much of the things we get for big box stores and places like Walmart, come directly from these places.....

That means that their low prices that take advantage of to feed their families , outfit their homes, and buy clothes from will no longer be a viable option...

In the end its the working man/woman that will pay "bigly" if he decides to do this.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I take it you don't have an education in business?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I find that hilarious from someone who clearly doesnt understand what a Tariff does, just who do you suppose the burden of the higher prices on incoming goods is going to be passed down to?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

They are assessed to the manufacturer that wants to sell his goods in the US after making those goods in another country.

To clarify a bit, tariffs are applied to imported products which increases their domestic price. It is a purely artificial price increase.

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I agree the US has a minimum wage,so the prices of item's will go up about 35 to 40%,the reason why they send things overseas,we will go through so hard times,and chances of a wall being built sounds reaching I'll believe it when they actually start on it

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I find that hilarious from someone who clearly doesnt understand what a Tariff does, just who do you suppose the burden of the higher prices on incoming goods is going to be passed down to?

Ok so since you are so educated on the subject, what exactly does a tariff do? And how does it directly affect the consumer? And how does it directly affect the merchandiser?

Now keep in mind USA is a capitalistic market.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I agree the US has a minimum wage,so the prices of item's will go up about 35 to 40%,the reason why they send things overseas,we will go through so hard times,and chances of a wall being built sounds reaching I'll believe it when they actually start on it

If prices went up 15% I would be shocked. Like OMG what is happening shocked. That's a high figure btw, and as I've said a couple times, the increased individual revenue, aka GDP would significantly increase by default.

Every financial statistic regarding this scenario ALWAYS trends negatively for US GDP with outsourcing. Tariffs will prevent cheap labor outsourcing.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Motion detectors!!! Good idea...and anti-drone missiles! Then they can't go over, under, or through the wall without us knowing and stopping them

Dude honestly their are good and bad people caught up in this lets not use a hammer when a scaple will work. Think precision over force. I honestly could give a crap less about people trying to work and live a better life but leaving the door open policy isnt an option as well because drug dealers, terrorist, murders, rapist and all other types find their way in too. If we can filter the scum im fine and at this point we cant and our jails are evidence of an open door policy with mexico. I honestly want the best for mexico and wish this didnt need to be an option but I'am an american and my interest are in protecting our people. As their interest as in protecting theirs.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Whats sad really, is them refusing to see the train that is approaching for what it is and show some concern for the people and families that are THEIR citizens.
They should be telling people how the skills they have learned in America can be used to help make mexico great.
They should be telling their people it is better to walk back across the border with their heads held high than to be returned home in chains.
Mexico could do its part to make this as stress free as possible for its citizens, to help alleviate fear and uncertainty.

If the president of one country will not at the very least acknowledge the sanctity of another country's borders and ALL nations right and responsibility to keep those borders secure and to be aware of who enters and leaves.....then it raises the question of what other things of significance may also be included in his thinking

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Ok so since you are so educated on the subject, what exactly does a tariff do? And how does it directly affect the consumer? And how does it directly affect the merchandiser?

Now keep in mind USA is a capitalistic market.

It's been explained to you multiple times already what it is and what it does...

The fact that we are a capitalist society has absolutely no bearing on the effects of a tariff

Seriously are you trolling?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

If prices went up 15% I would be shocked. Like OMG what is happening shocked. That's a high figure btw, and as I've said a couple times, the increased individual revenue, aka GDP would significantly increase by default.

Every financial statistic regarding this scenario ALWAYS trends negatively for US GDP with outsourcing. Tariffs will prevent cheap labor outsourcing.

No it wont, the only thing that will prevent outsourcing is fixing the issues with regulations for companies, and fixing the tax issues with companies where they can actually afford to hire here in the US and not take a huge loss....

You do that and they might actually be able to increase wages..

Tariffs will not hurt them enough to offset what they are saving to not only hire outside the us but operate their businesses.......
edit on 1/15/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join