It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico warns Trump on tariffs: We'll respond 'immediately'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

is this better?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: digital01anarchy

That's interesting, do you have a source for that?

Some context would help here? Which post?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Not really, no. The chart on that page shows one day and I don't know which day it is. Maybe this will help, and I will ask again, when did that climb start? Was it November?
www.zerohedge.com...

link   

originally posted by: Phage

And somehow the executive orders of other Presidents are different?

I'm in agreement there with you however it doesnt change the fact that presidents use that over reach of power when they see fit

link   
Personally, I think that Trump should push Congress to tariff the hell out of Mexico until a 40' above ground, 20' below ground 4' thick concrete wall with machine gun turrets every 100 yards, radar, and seismographs is built and paid for, and all illegals are back in their countries of origin.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

You complain about a 1 day chart, then in response provide a 16 year chart...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

A chart which shows the "climb" started before the election.
Right?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: Vector99

That's interesting, do you have a source for that?

Some context would help here? Which post?

The one I replied to lol. If you click the "a reply to" part you see what post it's replying to. Was this one

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

No.
The President cannot impose tariffs. Unless you think that Mexico comprises a National Emergency.
I thought he was against circumventing Congress.

As a matter of law, Congress has granted to the President the authority to withdraw from certain trade agreements as well as impose tariffs on nations engaging in unfair trade practices with the US.

He wants to end nafta and mexico even said it would go over trade deals with trump. They will fold like a folding chair. Its over when he hasnt even become sitting president yet and mexico is already ripping its self apart.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

At one point this was funny now its just sad that they havent even started until trump was sworn in to fall apart.

Trump has not been sworn in.

Humm sad and you still missed it after quoting it. I said mexico is falling apart even before trump is sworn in. Lol you still got stars
edit on 15-1-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

yep, and continued afterwards, you're not making a great case this time phage, c'mon.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Personally, I think that Trump should push Congress to tariff the hell out of Mexico until a 40' above ground, 20' below ground 4' thick concrete wall with machine gun turrets every 100 yards, radar, and seismographs is built and paid for, and all illegals are back in their countries of origin.

The tariff's wouldn't apply to the gov't in those countries. They are assessed to the manufacturer that wants to sell his goods in the US after making those goods in another country.

But with that said, I love the rest of your post!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Sorry. I must have misinterpreted your intention to be that the rise was triggered by Trump's election.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

They are assessed to the manufacturer that wants to sell his goods in the US after making those goods in another country.

To clarify a bit, tariffs are applied to imported products which increases their domestic price. It is a purely artificial price increase.

edit on 1/15/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Sorry. I must have misinterpreted your intention to be that the rise was triggered by Trump's election.

It's extremely coincidental to say the least. Currently it's a trend. If it continues then we will know more conclusively the direct impact of his election on the dollar.
edit on 15-1-2017 by Vector99 because: spelling error and the ocd that ensues.

edit on 15-1-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

It's extremely coincidental to say the least.

Except that the rise started well before the election. Which was my point.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

It's extremely coincidental to say the least.

Except that the rise started well before the election. Which was my point.

It also can be pegged to his presidential potential rising. Remember, presidential election "seasons" last about 18 months and occur every 4 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

It also can be pegged to his presidential potential rising.

Or not.
When did the rise start?
edit on 1/15/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm of two minds on the subject.
I'm currently doing a market analysis for a company in France considering exporting to the USA, and the prospect of renegotiating NAFTA, (as well as Trumps talk of imposing tariffs on China) is quite interesting for them. It helps bring down the competition!

But also, we need to keep more of our jobs and our money in our country (the "we" referring to my american side). That's just undeniable.

There is the effect it would have upon the regular consumer- we're talking higher prices. One of the biggest defining characteristics of the American consumer is emphasis on prices.

Now that seemed a given to me before I left the US- I assumed it was the same for all humans- we all want the lowest price, right? Then I found myself faced with a different mentality, in which people won't buy something with a very low prices because it makes them suspicious- it must have been made through child labor, or abusive employment practices in poor countries, or low quality (possibly dangerous) materials, or something equally evil.

I still have to fight a reflex to roll my eyes when my husband starts ranting about the low prices of something he sees in an ad.... "Look at that! Disgusting! For only 19.99???? That barely covers the labor to MAKE it! Shameful! I can't believe anyone would consider buying that!!!"

(instead of rolling my eyes, I wonder silently if I would be a Walmart shopper if I was in the US still, because of my tendency to close my eyes to those hints and go "oooh cheap price!!!!!")

Could we Americans make such a radical change? To embrace paying more, perhaps going more for less quantity and more quality? I think it might be beneficial for us as a nation, but also as individuals. But it is a big change to consider....

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It also can be pegged to his presidential potential rising.

Or not.
When did the rise start?

When it stopped falling.

link

With two trading sessions to go, the run for the U.S. dollar has the currency on track for its best quarter since 2008. Most of the gains for the Bloomberg Dollar Index came after Nov. 8 on bets President-elect Donald Trump will boost economic growth and inflation when he takes office next year.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

Lol extreme!

I want a concave wall with sensors built into the wall and it uses signals to bounce off the wall to act like a big camera aka motion sensor with the ability to heat up the area in front of the wall like less then lethal miltary tech. I think that would stop people real fast and doesnt require a turret and can be monitored at all times.
edit on 15-1-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join