It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidence: Was DB Cooper a Boeing employee?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
What is known is he left behind a mother of pearl tie clip made of rare earth metals.

Please provide a decent source the tie clip was made of rare earth metals....

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Decent source? It's the local NBC affiliate here in Phoenix. If a National chain of news can't be considered for something like this, what is a decent source?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

You might want to check the source again. I see no mention of a tie clip at all, and the only traces of said metals were stray particles found on the tie, not what anything was composed of.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Yep, clip on tie, not tie clip. Still though...rare earth metals?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

what is a decent source?

How about a source that mentions the tie clip was made out of rare earth metals?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Follow the conversation and you'll have your answer

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Follow the conversation and you'll have your answer

So your "source" is actually just you making up that claim!

"What is known is he left behind a mother of pearl tie clip made of rare earth metals"

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Funny thing about this JCPenny tie... the particles is believed to be related to aerospace industry. I would think there is a 99% chance that his tie rubbed against some part of the aircraft while it was hijacked or scoped out etc.

Thus useless evidence...

edit on 15-1-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Look richard, I already admitted in this thread that I misread the article. What is it that you're getting at here? Want a cookie or something?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You mispoke I think. You said "made of rare earth metals". They were only trace particles

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If the perp worked at Boeing with a tie was he staff?

Aw, I guess there's just about a half million engineers.....on nine Seattle locations....maybe...
I worked at six I swear....
edit on 15-1-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Boeing the best....Boeing or I'm not going

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I just want to say this is fun for knowledge but the FBI officially closed the case on DB cooper. So the whole identity him and bring him to justice.... crickets?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

err - in common with all closed cases - they will re-open it if they get " spoon fed " credible evidence

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So now all they need to do is go through Boeing employee records? I doubt it.

Sorry, but I think there is a much more likely explanation. Good will. Salvation Army. Second hand store. DB Cooper bought the tie second hand.

Such a find would not at all be a crazy coincidence in that region. At a company like Boeing, talented and highly paid professionals are all the time coming and going. When they leave their job to take a new assignment half way across the country, they tend to dump their belongings in a hurry, and as part of that process their clothes often go to Goodwill type second hand stores. Thus a Goodwill store with something like a military base or major corporation nearby is going to be a Goodwill with some cool finds at it. Stuff from all around the world, nice stuff that got dumped in a hurry, etc.

So only the tie would be from a Boeing or other local aerospace engineer.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think you are referring to a group of retired detectives and investigative journalists that tried to get the FBI to re-examine the case. They made a couple TV programs about it. They said that they had found the man, showed him on TV with them trying to interview him. FBI didn't want to know. The last program showed the FBI packing up all evidence and returning in ti their national storage archives.
The most relevant theory that they came up with is not a Boeing employee, yes he would know his way around the aircraft, but more importantly, as everyone must agree with, is he must have been in special forces to have been trained in low level jumps from a large aircraft and into a wilderness area to survive after landing.
There would not be many people that could or would jump from a low flying jet. Another piece of info that seemed relevant was he had multiple chutes delivered to him on the plane and he chose the best chute for his jump which points to him having parachute training.
If you get the chance look at these programs as they give you a more better insight to the case.
As for prosecuting D B Cooper I'm almost sure the FBI said it was out of the time limitations for prosecution.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
As for prosecuting D B Cooper I'm almost sure the FBI said it was out of the time limitations for prosecution.

In 1976 discussion arose over impending expiration of the statute of limitations on the hijacking. Most published legal analysis agreed that it would make little difference,[75] as interpretation of the statute varies considerably from case to case and court to court, and a prosecutor could argue that Cooper had forfeited immunity on any of several valid technical grounds.[76][77] The question was rendered moot in November when a Portland grand jury returned an indictment in absentia against "John Doe, aka Dan Cooper" for air piracy and violation of the Hobbs Act.[78] The indictment formally initiated prosecution that can be continued, should the hijacker be apprehended, at any time in the future.[76]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Last night on Expedition Unknown they talked about this. In fact it was presented on the show that a more advanced type of particle research was facilitated by the show. Anyway with the particles found on the tie, especially the yttrium, they came to the hypothesis that he was involved in some way with the manufacture or use of CRTs in some capacity.

My favorite theory they presented on the show was that he actually jumped much closer to the Reno, NV airport. I just think it makes a whole lot more sense to make a parachute jump in the desert than in a heavily wooded forest. I haven't researched past watching the show but as presented they said the only proof for the current drop zone is the tail shudder felt by the flight crew after the aft staircase was lowered. This shudder, the show presented, could have been caused by Cooper jumping up and down on the staircase. Since some of the money was found near the drop zone in 1980 Cooper presumably tossed it from the aircraft.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I still go with the theory that DB was a CIA employee.

The CIA had already tested if a person could jump from the back ramp of that type of aircraft as part of a Air America program.

After he got away the CIA covered for him because it would have been bad publicity for the agency.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
www.oregonlive.com... ource=twitter

top topics

<< 1   >>

join