It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you fight terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
How can you fight terrorism, its not an entity, its not a thing, you really can't bomb it, this fact makes the war unjust. Looking for terrorism is like looking for weather in a bucket of water, or like looking for "electicity" in a split wire, you won't find it.

If they do want to stop terrorism weapons need to be confiscated within the hot spots, there should be a blockade preventing ammunition from getting into the wrong hands.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If fighting terrorism was easy someone would have figured out a sure way to stop it by now. It's a lot easier to fight a nation because that has been done many times in the past with tangable victories. Mind control would probably the only way to stop terrorism as well as murders, the drug trade and other things that keep poping up no matter how many you arrest.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
If fighting terrorism was easy someone would have figured out a sure way to stop it by now. It's a lot easier to fight a nation because that has been done many times in the past with tangable victories. Mind control would probably the only way to stop terrorism as well as murders, the drug trade and other things that keep poping up no matter how many you arrest.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Trent]

They could also pollute the waters of the war torn nations with flouride to make there people more passive. Also, I agree, Its hard to find the guilty in an urban environment where everyone in the area belongs to many different political factions.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Faddinglight, you share my thoughts, i wrote about this exactly in a thread I called, "war on terror ~red herring". Check it out if you have time.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You can't kill terrorism, but you can do things to cut it down. You can take away the places terrorists can take refuge and build training camps. There will still be terrorists, but if they don't have any powerful friends, they won't be as successful. Without a place to train and without nations to fund them, their abilities will shrink. They will still make attempts, possibly successful at times, but we can still make things as difficult as possible for them.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Or you can do this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it seems like too many people ignore it
They would rather respond to threads that talk about dropping neutron bombs on Iraq.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I say drop the H2O balloons on the enemy. at least they will not smell as bad, they got a shower for the day.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If you want to fight terrorists, stop being afraid of them.

If you want to fight terrorism, stop being afraid of the US Government.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You can't defeat terrorism. It has existed for centuries and will always exist in countless forms as long as there are people intent on imposing or standing up for their beliefs through violence.

It is the very fact that it cannot be fought effectively, cannot be defeated, and cannot be truly defined, that makes terrorism the ideal enemy for a government intent on arousing blind loyalty and nationalism in a population by using fear as a political tool.

"Terror" is the most powerful weapon at the neo-conservatives' disposal in maintaining power in the USA, and a stranglehold on the Republican Party.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

Ric

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You can never defeat terrorism because it exists on both side. Anyone stop to think that the insurgents believe that the American invasion of Iraq was an act of terrorism.

Or when (i cant remember which American president it was) funded the khmer Rouge and armed them, that seemed like an act of terrorism.

Terrorism is an act against a certain nation or side. So you may think you are fighting a war on terror, but your actions will echo through the walls of the enemy, and they will believe that you commit acts of terror.

Ric

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES
I say drop the H2O balloons on the enemy. at least they will not smell as bad, they got a shower for the day.

Gross disrespect

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ric

Gross disrespect

its less disrespectful than dropping cluster bombs!

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thailand wants to use pig bombs against the Muslims...I guess the thinking is the Muslims think pork is so unclean they'd have to kill themselves or something if it was sprayed all over them.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
On 9/11 with the majority of casualties being civilian,came the cold chilling realization to many that our government & law enforcement can't protect us.Atta,Al-Shehhi, & thier cowardly cabal used the element of surprise when targetting unaware citizens.Not to promote paranoia or neighbor-stalk,but it's very important for citizens to realize that the 'element of surprise' is always part of the modus operandi for these creeps-and unfortunately if we are ever to avoid being their future victim(s) we must be able to train/lower our thinking to their level just to be able to detect if not avoid their evil designs.Without being overly suspicious,the best we can do is to use 'situational awareness' as often as possible especially when attending public events,travelling on planes,trains,cruises,visiting cities,landmarks, & powercenters-Noting anything/anyone/group that might stand out as peculiar or exhibiting suspicious behavior as best as one can ascertain.Simple examples could be vehicles left strangely unattended like trucks,vans,mobile vendors such as hot dog carts,empty concession stands,vending machines,unsealed manhole covers,tampered streetlamps,phoneposts located near government offices,parades,sports or other public-attended ceremonies...at the airport,keeping ears open for luggage that has audible ticking or tones,leaking liquid,strange odor,etc...small groups that seem to be collectively fixated on certain areas,w/cell phones,etc...flashes or lasers from unpopulated areas off the runway,etc... at train & bus stations...foreign group/networks with cell-phones,videorecorder,or camera activity...also by taking interest in the products we use and investigating whether the proceeds get funneled back to terrorist-backed sponsers.Some of these are simple common sense but in the post-9/11 world our security as a society now depends entirely on how well individuals can detect,discern & anticipate subtle patterns that normally wouldn't alert the untrained eye of the past,because in reality our survival rests soley on the ability of our senses & their rationalization-not the comforting/alarming words & color-coded threat index of a once-perceived & trusted authority.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

Originally posted by Ric

Gross disrespect

My opinion I say. Where can you find a shower in the desert?

Ric

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ric

Gross disrespect

Oasis?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So, may I ask you people - what is the reason for terrorism? There is often a reason why someone is sacrificing their own life, and taking other lifes.

The reason, in this case, is that the modern terrorist is driven by hate toward the United States of America, and others supporting them. Why? People who have slight knowledge of past United States of America military operations, agency involvment et cetera should know why terrorism exist.

It exists because an oppression, a violent action taken by a whole government or a body within it. Actions carried out both in secret and in public, being the reason for killing many countrymen, children et cetera. The modern terrorist, like al-Qaeda, exist because of hate. In a speech, Bin Laden said that his hate exists because of past United States of America military involvment killing his people, and their support to Israel.

What would you do if someone started killing your countrymen, making your people homeless, abusing them? The same thing as the United States of America and al-Qaeda does, probably - revenge. And now, you're in the middle of it.

I think, if one would like to stop (you can't stop everything) terrorism, then you'd have to make up for everything you've taken from the people. Hate will exist, but not as big as before. You have to admit that you have been doing something wrong, but also they have to admit that they have been doing something wrong. As it looks now, the United States of America, among others, are claiming all of the responsibility on al-Qaeda, not looking at their own actions.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by StarLight]

Ric

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Thus the world as we know it is not a perfect place and will never cease to have conflicting ideals, those ideals cause us to take actions, those actions with make others suffer, that suffering causes terrorism.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ric
You can never defeat terrorism because it exists on both side. Anyone stop to think that the insurgents believe that the American invasion of Iraq was an act of terrorism.
Or when (i cant remember which American president it was) funded the khmer Rouge and armed them, that seemed like an act of terrorism.
Terrorism is an act against a certain nation or side. So you may think you are fighting a war on terror, but your actions will echo through the walls of the enemy, and they will believe that you commit acts of terror.

I think you have it wrong. On that insurgent were telling young men in the region that American forces were raping women, killing the innocents, and other crap on the arab tv. Insurgents are not true Iraqis and were you there? You could write an email to any troop in Iraq and ask. May be you would believe them, or not.
You can defeat terrorism, it begins with you and others in the faith of God.

PolarBearExpress...............

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ric

Originally posted by Ric

Gross disrespect

Oasis?

Oasis? They can be buried by the sand storms too, and become quicksand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join