It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centuries old French coin depicts UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A centuries old French coin possibly depicts a UFO hovering over a country side. The coin was minted in the 1680’s and has remained a mystery ever since. Some speculate that the design could be depicting Ezekiel's wheel from the bible. Regardless of whether it depicts a biblical image or an alien craft, it is still an interesting coin none the less.

www.prweb.com...

[edit on 29-1-2005 by skychief]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hmmm,

If you were stuck somewhere in the past and wanted your friends to find you....ya strike a coin with a UFO on it. Or add it to a famous painting. Wait, they made a movie similar to this.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I used to collect coins some years ago, and picked up quite a few interesting ones but never one like this. I remember seeing old woodcuts or prints of similar craft in a book of strange phenomena, and believe that they were also made around the same time.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thats pretty interesting, but what exactly is that thing in the center? It looks like a part of the male body.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Thats pretty interesting, but what exactly is that thing in the center? It looks like a part of the male body.

Thats exactly what I thought when I first looked at this coin. It is interesting though as it does look like the UFO's that we are used to seeing in present day print or pics. This is over three centuries old though, so it makes this coin that much more interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What does it say on it?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It reads 'It is here at an opportune time.' Interesting, in that it could signify needed rainfall or a UFO. I hope we hear more about this coin as it has peaked my interest.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
A centuries old French coin possibly depicts a UFO hovering over a country side. ... Some speculate that the design could be depicting Ezekiel's wheel from the bible. Regardless of whether it depicts a biblical image or an alien craft, it is still an interesting coin none the less.

www.prweb.com...

[edit on 29-1-2005 by skychief]

Okay it is an Unidentified flying object. Is it some alien craft?
Well if it isn't then it's Ezekiel's wheel .

Some people have speculated that Ezekiel saw a UFO.

So either way it very well could be what we think it is.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
perhaps a different interpretation on Ezekiel's wheel. although the article linked to it seems to say that this coin- ( or jeton," a coin-like educational tool) has befuddled experts for quite some time. could it be a pen island spaceship? my god the humanity

below is an another artists rendition of ezekiel's wheel:

edit : doing more searching, ive found another forum discussing the same coin
www.cointalk.org... which seems to suggest the image is ment to represent 'a holy shield sent by Jupiter to Numa Pompilius, the legendary second king of Rome.'

[edit on 29/1/05 by painkiller]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Thats what i describe as a tentacle.
its a robotic snake like arm that comes from under the ufo....

[edit on 29-1-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok
Thats what i descibe as a tentacle.
its a robotic snake like arm that comes from under the ufo....

So what does this one eyed snake do exactly.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I saw it process a cow with my own eyes in under a minute!
heres my story on it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Did your ship look like that one on the coin though? Just curious Im not trying to debunk anything, I myself know for sure that there exist aliens.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It's not unknown. It's a French medal commemorating
a UFO sighting of a wheel like object in Renaissance France . It's got nothing to do with Ezekiel as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
It's not unknown. It's a French medal commemorating
a UFO sighting of a wheel like object in Renaissance France . It's got nothing to do with Ezekiel as far as I know.

okay any sites to corroberate that? ive found various stuff calling it a medal, well nopes its a jeton, (see above-original link) and anything besides what you've said is not mentioned artist unknown location unknown etc. which makes me think its a doctored item ie hoax, or there is some truth to this. if option 2 was viable then im sure there would be accounts of such a sighting, especially if it was imporant enough to be commemorated in such a piece.

pls lets not start the church coverups tho

so to reitterate, any sites detailing what you've originally posted.

[edit on 30/1/05 by painkiller]

[edit on 30/1/05 by painkiller]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The first place I heard of this coin was at ufoartwork.com. The owner of the site has updated the information now:

This is a French jeton minted in 1680, a coin-like educational tool that was commonly used to help people count money, or sometimes used as a money substitute for playing games. It is about the size of a U.S. quarter-dollar and similar to thousands of other jetons with different religious and educational designs that were produced and used in Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries. It appears to commemorate a UFO sighting of a wheel like object. Some researchers feel it represents the Biblical Ezekiel's wheel. The Latin inscription 'OPPORTUNUS ADEST' translates as 'It is here at an opportune time".

It sounds like a sighting to me. Ah well, that that and a billion others.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well,to me,it could be anything.I'm quite skeptic that the round thing or supposedly UFO is a UFO.What intrigues me the most is the kind of detail there is on the so called UFO or Ezekiel's wheel.If a person were to see a UFO wouldn't they like only had a glimpse of how the craft looks like and not all of the details?

Whatever it is,I believe that it could be:
1)A UFO
2)Ezekiel's wheel
3)Some symbolism art that many coins have
4)Somebody's imagination of what the future transportation might look

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
looks more like a mushroom to me

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
looks more like a mushroom to me

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think if the makers of this coin had the talent to put the details that are in it, they cold of made a mushroom that looked enough like a mushroom that we woldn't have to guess that's what it was.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join