It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker on Trump's Lewis tweets: 'Dude, just stop'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) knocked President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday for his response to backlash over attacking Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.).

"Dude, just stop," Amash tweeted, linking to a tweet from Trump.

Trump suggested Saturday that he and Lewis work together to focus on the nation's inner cities after a number of Democratic and Republican lawmakers slammed him for saying Lewis was "all talk" and "no action."

SOURCE

I can understand why Republicans would want Trump to tone down his tweets. Trump is now the leader of the Republican Party. I think this issue is going to push the limits of free speech. I can see a bipartisan effort to require all of Trump's planned tweets be approved by the ethics office before they're tweeted. I hate to give the other side any ideas. The U.S. is a free country, isn't it?

Another aspect of this that I find interesting is the fact that Republican leaders are willing to openly criticize Trump in public. I can't recall that happening as much as it already has. Trump could be the best thing that ever happened to ATS.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) knocked President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday for his response to backlash over attacking Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.).

Trump suggested Saturday that he and Lewis work together to focus on the nation's inner cities after a number of Democratic and Republican lawmakers slammed him for saying Lewis was "all talk" and "no action."

SOURCE

Trump could be the best thing that ever happened to ATS.

Not only ATS...
edit on 2017-01-14T20:17:03-06:002201714America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Not just the ATS, but the Republican Party, as well.

Trump is the president-elect not some recent quasi-Republican out of Michigan whose trying to appease a border-line constituency.

I look forward to more and similar responses when like comments are made by political hacks.

edit on 14-1-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yep best thing for ATS. Plenty of corruption and scandal and he isnt even in the White House yet! I cant wait till a ton of ATS member look the other way as they did during the run up to inauguration. It will be great to point at look you accused Hilary of X with little to no evidence but over here Trump is doing X with evidence only to be shouted down! Its going to be a fun year or to two till the impeachment.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

sunday morning news headlines:

"today on the news, Trump lambasts Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) in a series of childish and derogatory tweets early Sunday morning around 6 am, also blasted was twitter itself for the character limits and also blasted Microsoft for internet explorer's quote: shoddy spellcheck 'sometimes' "

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Not just the ATS, but the Republican Party, as well.

Trump is the president-elect not some recent quasi-Republican out of Michigan whose trying to appease a border-line constituency.

I look forward to more and similar responses when like comments are made by political hacks.

Mike Pence says the ‘free market has been sorting it out, and America’s been losing.’ Really?

Doesn't seem like President Trump or Vice President Pence are too enthusiastic about free market economics, what with talking about protectionism...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
well, is Trump right? has lewis done anything for inner cities? or has he just been talking about what should be done for inner cities?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Looks like another example of triggering the triggerables.

With a Republican casting the illusion of criticizing Trump, the triggerables will jump all over it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
well, is Trump right? has lewis done anything for inner cities? or has he just been talking about what should be done for inner cities?

all talk talk talk

Lewis takes donations from insurance companies.

He's was bought off long ago.

His historical significance is historical.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: Profusion

SOURCE

Trump could be the best thing that ever happened to ATS.

Not only ATS...

Yeah, maybe to the world. I am hopeful.
edit on 14-1-2017 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Inner city politician snowflake throws a tantrum and "refuses to acknowledge Trump as president" (hint he can't, Trump will be president whether snowflake likes it or not) and Trump points out he should be focusing on his own problems, because hey, BLM hasn't made the inner city a nice place to live.

That's bad?

That shouldn't be allowed under free speech?

A RINO snowflake tells him to stop, and the other snowflakes cheer for it, so no more free speech?

This isn't kool-aid. This is the golden ambrosia of pure delusion that you're drinking. When you see the Mad Hatter, tell him hello and I won't be stopping by for tea. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Don was absolutely spot on to criticize John Lewis' 5th District. I LIVE in Georgia and always have. Fulton County's major streets have potholes you could lose a fully loaded semi in. 90% of all Georgia gas main , sewage , water line breaks are in Fulton County. Do they fix em ? No. They patch em. If you hear of a shooting , stabbing , etc in Georgia , chances are it is in the 5th District.
Now tell me , a true Georgian , where Trump misspoke

new topics

top topics

join