It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Powered Predator C? Plus a UAV Based on Rutan's Proteus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Despite repeated denials by General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Pratt has won a competion to supply the negines to the secret UAV. Also Scaled Composates's Proteus may be the basis for another UAV. Now that would be one wicked looking aircraft!

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems officials have regularly denied the existence of the company's new, all-jet Predator C, an unmanned reconnaissance aircraft that's designed to compete with Northrop Grumman's Global Hawk for very long-endurance, high-altitude missions. However, Washington-based officials say Pratt & Whitney has won a secret competition to supply the engines for the Predator C, which is under construction and is to be rolled out later this year. General Atomics' plan is to offer an aircraft with 85% of the Global Hawk's performance at 25-50% of the price in a period of defense spending declines. Critics say sensor payloads drive up cost, not the airframes. Nonetheless, Northrop Grumman is offering a scaled-down Global Hawk plus a new UAV based on Scaled Composites' Proteus high-altitude research aircraft.
UAV's[/url ]

[edit on 1/29/05 by FredT]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its here now. The predator C.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think you'll find that Fred is perfectly aware of the Predator C. In case you didn't notice the original post is four years old so great kudos to Fred for that one!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think you'll find that Fred is perfectly aware of the Predator C. In case you didn't notice the original post is four years old so great kudos to Fred for that one!

edit to add;

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thanks Waynos. Its interesting that the proteus has gone silent as it seems.

I have a thread up here in a giff about the Predator C's details.

new topics

top topics

join