It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pirates" win weapons load competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
On a lighter note, the Air Force held the 4th quarter weapons load competition at Edwards AFB, Jan 3rd. The 31st Test and Evaluation Squadron "Pirates" went up against Team Raptor of the 411th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Team Lightning of the 461st Aircraft Maintenance Unit, and Team Falcon of the 416th Aircraft Maintenance Unit. The competition consisted of timed loading a weapon onto their respective aircraft (F-22, F-35, and F-16), a uniform inspection, a tool box inspection, and a written test. Team Lighting, and the Pirates loaded a JDAM into the internal bay of an F-35, Team Raptor loaded a GBU-31 into the bay of an F-22, and Team Falcon loaded a GBU-31 onto the wing of an F-16.

The “Pirates” from the 31st Test and Evaluation Squadron are the winners of the 4th Quarter Weapons Load Competition held Jan. 3 and hosted by the 412th Maintenance Group, at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

The team competed against crews from the 412th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, including Team Raptor of the 411th Aircraft Maintenance Unit; Team Lightning of the 461st Aircraft Maintenance Unit; and the 416th Aircraft Maintenance Unit Falcons.

The competition took place on the north side of Hangar 1600.

www.aerotechnews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
They have Pit crews?
WOW!

I mean like the nascar teams, only getting flights ready...who knew?

edited to add I knew stuff like this is more normal on aircraft carriers.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP the size of the F22's jet intake! that’s huge, I had no idea they were that big!
on a side note, are there any pictures available of the exhaust/outlets of the B2 stealth or is that still classified?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I am mechanically deficient to put it mildly.
But I love reading your posts in this forum,I feel as though I actually learn something or have my interest piqued enough to google and research further.. For that I wanted to say thank you!

On topic

Goooooo Pirates!!!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey Zaph, is this one your entry for the competition?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stealthyaroura

No, they're still classified. You can find pictures of the aft fuselage now but no really good ones of the exhaust.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yeah, but for some reason they wouldn't let me compete.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Thank you. I try to keep it simple enough that people that don't have a background can follow along.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: stealthyaroura

No, they're still classified. You can find pictures of the aft fuselage now but no really good ones of the exhaust.

Thought as much but hey had to ask.
gotta be some cool gear in them outlets, doubt there are any spec sheets or blueprints either.
not surprised. Thanks zaph, always bring the good stuff

new topics

top topics

join