It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump to John Lewis: Focus on Your ‘Crime-Infested District’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The real word says his district has high crime.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

a reply to: Pyle

They had better and legitimate reasons.

Do you have a source to that reasoning?

Lots of them.

Would you like to provide them?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Pyle

They had better and legitimate reasons.

Do you have a source to that reasoning?

Lots of them.

Would you like to provide them?

No.

It would be off topic.

Feel free to start a thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ok, provide the facts. So far you're just going by Trumps assumption, which is always a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
John Lewis definitely paid his dues during the civil rights movement.

However, that does not change the fact that he has become nothing but a buck dancing Democrat lap dog. Far too many from his era have figured out they can enrich themselves boot licking the political party that beat his ass on that Selma bridge 50 years ago.

Trump is right. If the John Lewis and his ilk would focus more on the real problems plaguing the black community we might actually see results. Buffoons like him have been marching and singing We Shall Overcome for 60 years. God forbid anyone hold him accountable for actual results during his political career. He has been in office for 30 years and go nothing to show for it other than a fat congressional pension.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Ok, provide the facts. So far you're just going by Trumps assumption, which is always a bad idea.

Gulp.

Already did.

Read the article and read the link I put up in a post.

Gulp.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Interesting that Mr. senator relic Lewis will no attend the inauguration, but Bishop will.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Lewis' district isn't crime infested though, is it?

have you been to Atlanta.

Crime rate in Atlanta, Georgia (GA): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers, crime map

helps to check facts before speaking.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Atlanta Sees 30% drop in crime since 2009

Looks like the Cheeto-In-Chief was using his own made up facts again.

At the annual “Crime is Toast” breakfast on Aug. 30, Atlanta business community celebrated a 30 percent drop in crime within the city limits since 2009.

Source

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

At the annual “Crime is Toast” breakfast on Aug. 30, Atlanta business community celebrated a 30 percent drop in crime within the city limits since 2009.

This statistics are propaganda, The crime rate has only decreased 5%.

Robin Loudermik, chairman of the Atlanta Police Foundation, said the three-year campaign launched late last year has already raised $10.73 million of the $15.6 million. He expects it to wrap up by the end of the year, and he expects it to bring in more than the goal. The breakfast alone raised nearly $180,000.

From your source.

Real sources,

www.neighborhoodscout.com...

A comprehensive overview of any and all yearly reported crimes in Atlanta, GA is shown in the table above. In order to provide more clarity, the total number of crimes is shown as well as the amount of crimes committed per 100,000 people. The crimes indicated in the table are separated into two different categories. These categories are property crimes and violent crimes. According to the table, the overall crime rate is 95% higher than the average of crimes committed in Georgia. It is also 131% higher than the national average. When it comes to violent crimes, Atlanta, GA shows a crime rate that is 196% higher than the Georgia average. The crime rate is also 200% higher than the national average. When it comes to property crimes, Atlanta, GA is shown to be 82% higher than the Georgia average and 121% higher than the national average.

www.areavibes.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Anyone who didn't want to attend or support the Obama was a racist and anti-american. Suddenly that doesn't apply to the democrats who don't want to recognize or support Trump. Funny how that works. I also love how this guy comes out and says he's going to hold Trump to the promise he made of fixing inner cities. So you don't support the guy, you say he isn't legitimate and then you want him to do stuff for you. I hated Trump but liberals in both politics and the general public make it easy to root for anyone but them. My God they are just awful, pathetic, poor excuses for humans.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Once Mr. Trump is Sworn In , these Ingrates will be Obligated to Recognize his Authority or be Subject to Braking their Oath of Office in the Eyes of the American People . John Lewis and his Ilk better take that into consideration the Next time they Feel the Urge to Shoot their Mouths Off .

When did anyone on the right respect or recognize Obama's authority? Yet is some fashion we should all worship your Orange Messiah, give me a break.

I have put up with Obamanation for 8 Freakin' Years , he was the President of the United States , I am an American . Did Not Like his Policies one bit , but I respected the Fact that he was the Legal Leader of the Free World . The Democrats Better realize that Too with President Elect Trump or Renounce their Citizenship and get their asses Out of the Country they seem to Not Respect .

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

you know i once thought Trump responding to every little this or that was trivial and "thin skinned". But then i started thinking about how long the PC thought and language police culture has held sway and monopolized the media and in growing degrees legislation as well and now i think push back, in almost any form, is necessary.

we need the counter narrative represented whenever. What Trump is doing, in his own clumsy way, is giving cover to the rest of us who dont necessarily agree with everything progressivism stands for but havent had the opening in the media to voice. Now, because the Pres . Elect HIMSELF opposes much of the PC culture, its giving others more courage to come forward with their perhaps more articulate and well constructed arguments and perspectives on things.

I can only see this as a good thing. You know, the marketplace of ideas and all of that.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Lewis is a democrat who got beat up and arrested by democrats for protesting democrats so that makes him a hero to democrats. a reply to: vlawde

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

So Lewis is a corporate shill too !!

What a surprise.

Lewis does have lots of historical value, but he has become just another Democrat.

Sad.

Not only for corporations but also for the DNC:

Lewis Claims He Never Saw Bernie Sanders at Protests

Honorable people and heros aren't supposed to tell lies, right?
edit on 15-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Tbh, I never read your links because 99% of the time they are nothing but conservative hack websites or flat out lies and propaganda. In this case, you went tried and true, Breitbart who is literally Trump's propaganda pusher. So yes, everything they say is a complete lie. Trump is a moron, Breitbart is a lying FAKE NEWS outlet, and you are basically a sheep pushing and peddling their nonsense.

But conservatives don't like facts and live in their fantasy world of hating liberals. Some life you guys lead.
edit on 15-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You forgot to look at the FBI report.

Gulp.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Liberals believe what they are told to believe by WAPO, HuffPo and Brock's Correct the Record. You all parrot the same points in an obvious coordinated way.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You posted that? Oh right, you posted Trumps propaganda, you know FAKE NEWS.

Gulp.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: vlawde

So you are in favor of Lewis trampling Trump ?

Great example of Humanity.

I am somewhat appalled by a man who will be the POTUS in 6 days, publicly attacking everyone who says something bad about him. His thin skin spells trouble for our country.

That's pretty much it.

It's not about the other person. It's about Trump's behavior patterns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join