It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Mud Pit" Experiment is a Complete Failure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Shucks..does that mean that ATS is not run by the Masons but by cousins of the reptilian Queen of England?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree that it is crass and drags down the reputation of ATS even further.

I challenge myself by pretending I'm not in the mudpit when replying there and not say anything that would get removed on any other forum section. Just having a little politeness is a super disadvantage there, hah!

Honestly, the people who HAVE to act like that? I'd rather them just shoot themselves in the foot enough to get banned.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Well okay, if we are gonna mudsling we keep that in the Mud Pit forum and sadly there are quite a few people who decided to mudsling in forums where they shouldn't mudsling. According to one member here, he stated there is no difference between the Mud Pit and the rest of ATS and that worries me.

Then report them. The reason this site is better than many others is the quality of the moderators, let them handle the issue.

that can't be said enough. Moderators aren't on every thread all the time. So it really is up to us, the members to point out where an obvious violation exists. I will offer the courtesy of letting the member know his post it out of line if they are someone who has been around a while, to offer them a chance to change it, as it has been done to me many times. And if it's a new guy (see also banned idiot who returns to be a dick) he gets the alert, and hopefully returns to the land of ban.

But the moderators here are all awesome. Even the flaming liberals. That says a lot for the staff who picks them.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I usually agree with you OP. But on the Mud Pit I have to disagree. I like it and think it definitely has a place here.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As a newb I see the Mud pit and Skunk Works as far less intimidating. I would bet most new members start out in those two sections.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I like the Mud Pit at times. Are people able to get away with things that wouldn't fly in other areas, sure, but I have read and actually participated in quite a few Mud Pit topics and didn't see to much that over the top.....

That said I do wish there were more cryptid threads around.......

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
If the moderators acted every time someone got offended there wouldn't be a site anymore.

He was not talking about people being offended, he specifically said people insulting each other out of the Mud Pit.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Mud Pit is horrible! What kind of degenerate cretins would ever post in a forum like that? I'll tell you who!

Politically incorrect savages, thuggish miscreants, muckracking malefactors, roguish reprobates, tasteless transgressors and snarky ne'er-do-wells! The cool kids!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Redzits and the GLP need a place here to call home. Keeps em occupied and away from the good forums.
Plus , it adds lots of fun for me.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The Mud Pit is horrible! What kind of degenerate cretins would ever post in a forum like that? I'll tell you who!

Politically incorrect savages, thuggish miscreants, muckracking malefactors, roguish reprobates, tasteless transgressors and snarky ne'er-do-wells! The cool kids!

Agreed, I feel most at home in the Pit, I think it has something to do with being a sucker for truthful conversations and I must have my daily dose of my favourite provocateur theantediluvian - and as we've agreed before, this is irrespective of ones political ideology.

AND

Take you for instance, you've reached the status where threads are created about you (and subsequently 404'd), where new and old members know whose authored the thread, just by reading the title - that's you, my main man in the mud pit.

You are like a Jesus - a rowdy zealot with a cool message whose very presence elicits divide - that's why I luv ya like a brother.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't think it's an experiment, though. Before that there was the 'Bully Pulpit".

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I agree completely, that's why I don't look in it. When I want to talk politics, I actually want to talk politics, not listen to partisan sniping. I have a simple rule for myself, I don't go in the mud pit, and if a thread I'm in gets sent there, I just stop following the thread.

It's pretty easy to avoid. Less easy to avoid are discussions that devolve into mud pit content.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I think it should be left as is. It gets pretty bad in there but at least everyone has a choice to join in or not. When I feel like letting loose a bit I'll join in and it helps get out the crap I want to say and can't say in other places. But if I'm looking for any kind of actual conversation it's best just to avoid it completely knowing that you will never find it in there.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
#Mudflakes

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I would prefer the pit be regulated in some way. Maybe restrict thread creation and/or participation to regular members...or...the very least, an ability to hide the forum from view. Don't know but for me, the forum is not a positive member building forum.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

BUZZ KILL.....

Thanks mum.

If your listening to your radio, and you don't like the song playing, do we summon the radio station and have it shut down ?

NO, you change the bloody station.

Half you lot have to stop being so sensitive, it is getting beyond the joke.
edit on 14/1/2017 by scubagravy because: Cranky at rainbows and unicorns.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Your right Metallicus, I also avoided the mud pit but I noticed many of my OP’s were rejected unless I posted them there so I relented and posted some there.

I in theory do not like the mud pit either but I understand this site needs to employ such kinds of forums to get as much member attraction as they need to survive.

Therefore, I understand and accept

This mud pit concept btw is very prevalent on forums, nothing unique here...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I agree. I think it ends up spilling out into other forums.

Additionally, we have to see the partisan, clickbait titles from the Mud Pit in the Recent list.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's just a forum on a message board which you can read or not read.
Post or don't post.
It's not like meth makers moved in next door.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree, without the mud pit there wouldn't be any fun.

I enjoy insulting people in a nice way

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join