It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Mud Pit" Experiment is a Complete Failure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If you don't like the Mud Pit, don't go in there. Crunky is always making new threads about cool Satan-related topics to take ones mind off of politics.

And reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well back in 2009 and even before that, ATS was mostly a forum where we spoke about weird but interesting topics such as aliens, ghosts, Loch Ness monster, John Titor etc.

We would never go into political mudslinging. Sure we may have disagreements but we wouldn't bring politics into these sorts of topics.

We reserve that in US political madness and other forums related to politics.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know Crunky is somewhat weird but I respect him for at least making entertaining threads that is not about political mudslinging. I miss these kinds of threads since they used to be common back in 2009 and before that. In fact I remember back then, a member once made a thread said that the moon is Noah's Ark and another member made a thread saying that his wife was a Reptilian alien.
edit on 1/14/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Well back in 2009 and even before that, ATS was mostly a forum where spoke about weird but interesting topics such as aliens, ghosts, Loch Ness monster, John Titor etc.

We would never go into political mudslinging. Sure we may have disagreements but we wouldn't bring politics into these sorts of topics.

Guess if you were here a couple of years before that you would have seen the Bush martial law/third term and Obama Birther threads.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think it's a useful thing for members to blow off steam built up towards each other outside where we're not supposed to talk about each other.

I also think it can be very entertaining.

Yet this idea that certain topics are ONLY supposed to be posted there is way backwards, as in that process it ensures meaningful troll-free discourse cant ever be expected to had with them (such as questioning why its asserted that people entertaining the Birther arguments are screamed at as ONLY being motivated by racism). On that last part there, that such a topic cant be posted in se US Political Madness (in a conspiray theorist forums site of all places) without getting in trouble is madness and makes that entire focus forum existence pointless.
edit on 14-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Politics is a dirty business and the Political Mud Pit is some of the best entertainment on the internet. The Political Mud Pit is basically a safe place where you don't have to beware of every click. Having a good time in the mud would get you banned anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

As a member of ATS since 2009, I actually never understand the point of mud pit. Are we mudslinging political views? I thought we are supposed to talk about ghosts, aliens, and other weird topics.

I miss those days when we talked about actual conspiracies.

When I first entered ATS, I wasn't into the politics only the weird topics.

Aye, those were the good times and the reason I came to this site back around 2005-06. Now the "top" in ATS has become to mean "Tiff over Politics"

edit on 14-1-2017 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well okay, if we are gonna mudsling we keep that in the Mud Pit forum and sadly there are quite a few people who decided to mudsling in forums where they shouldn't mudsling. According to one member here, he stated there is no difference between the Mud Pit and the rest of ATS and that worries me.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I would love to read those threads you mentioned, Especially the one about the reptilian wife :L :L :L

Would you be able to find them?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well okay, if we are gonna mudsling we keep that in the Mud Pit forum and sadly there are quite a few people who decided to mudsling in forums where they shouldn't mudsling. According to one member here, he stated there is no difference between the Mud Pit and the rest of ATS and that worries me.

Then report them. The reason this site is better than many others is the quality of the moderators, let them handle the issue.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

You should have been here back in 2009-2012 . It got deleted unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Then report them. The reason this site is better than many others is the quality of the moderators, let them handle the issue.

If the moderators acted every time someone got offended there wouldn't be a site anymore.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hey, come on - reputations are made AND destroyed in the Mud Pit, I like it because there is a time and place for everything and sometimes I just need to vent a little - especially if folks take the bait.

Silly of me, I know, but hey - we all have our fetishes and vices and mine is poking people with sticks until they explode, then I poke em' juuuuussst a little bit more, for good measure.

Then when I see them outside the Mud Pit they avoid me (weird, I know), so the Mud Pit has a double benefit.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: Metallicus

Dude dont be a snowflake, the mud pit is doing fine, its annonymous people acting high and mighty, its funnier than the joke section in reddit

It will be interesting to see who comes to defend the Mud Pit.

Basically it drags ATS down to the level of every other site on the Net. ATS *should* be better than that.

Why the change of faith, we did have a few salty word play going in a few threads, why now deem it stupid? Honest question.

I visit ATS much less because of the way I feel compelled to come down to that level. Sure it is my problem, but it is easier to avoid the product than to fight the urge.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: mamabeth

Am I one of those rude and obnoxious individuals?

Your avatar is a cat. Of course you are rude and obnoxious and demand to be fed every twenty minutes

Had to give you a star for this comment. Truest thing I've read all day.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The mud pit experiment is a complete success.
Otherwise every other forums would be like a bad reddit thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Outside a few innocuous places: Jokes, Sports, this whole place is a Mud Pit.

Sadly since about the middle of last year with the US election it seemed to have really ramped up.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

another member made a thread saying that his wife was a Reptilian alien.

WTF...quick point me to that thread...I need some good laughter...maybe pick some ideas on how to live with my wife for the next 5 years!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The mudpit is the best.

The ninja mind games will teach you how to not get triggered.

And it's funny.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Dude dont be a snowflake, the mud pit is doing fine, its annonymous people acting high and mighty, its funnier than the joke section in reddit

It will be interesting to see who comes to defend the Mud Pit.

Basically it drags ATS down to the level of every other site on the Net. ATS *should* be better than that.

Why the change of faith, we did have a few salty word play going in a few threads, why now deem it stupid? Honest question.

I visit ATS much less because of the way I feel compelled to come down to that level. Sure it is my problem, but it is easier to avoid the product than to fight the urge.

Same here, ats is turning into a pissing contest and honestly i am happy that someone from the darkside, (im joking), sees the same thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I can sort of agree, but there are times where a stupid person really would benefit from knowing that he/she is truly an idiot, and there are only so many nice ways to say it.

It's an art to be able to say the same thing but not break the rules, so on that note, agree. But you will eventually run across "that guy" and the usual polite smack just won't work. In that case, you tempt him/her to post in the pit. Like fishing. But easier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join