It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had the chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If you had the chance not to live forever, but to travel forward 100-1000 years via time dilation would you take it? Would you leave your friends, family, your material wealth, and the world as it is now for the chance to see the global and local changes you wouldn't be able to experience if you had stayed with the others and died during the proper era?

Do you think this type of thing will be possible within the next ten to twenty years I do, Infact, I've witnessed technology that proves it may be. I've also witnessed technology that allows people to travel within space without the severest effects of time dilation (Theres still small effects).

[edit on 29-1-2005 by faddinglight]

[edit on 29-1-2005 by faddinglight]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yes I would leave it all behind for a chance to glimpse the future. I do not know if it is possible but I would do it in a heartbeat, but I would probably have to sneak out of the house to do it so wife does not stop me 8)

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If it meant i could get away from the wife!!!

Nice one.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In my head I feel like I want to, but when I come back to reality, i could never leave my home and my friends. It would just be really hard thinking about what you could be doing in your normal life.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No. Can't survive without family, friends, it's impossible for me. Sure, it would be cool to see the future. But, IMO it seems more like a 'quick fix' or something to take you 'higher' for a moment. In the long run i would die knowing my family and such being in the future and not being able to see them.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I guess I have the same opinion on this, but it'd be interesting to see the state of humanity a few hundred years from now, although the earth will only last another fifty years if we keep consuming and reproducing like we are now, and thats a fact that no one seems to care about...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No, I'll watch the changes naturaly thank you.
I dont trust time machines.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If I had an oppurtunity to travel to a distang planet or star through space I would definitely take it. Thats also about the only way I can concieve someones time varying from earths time by time dilation.

What are you referring to when you say witnessed? Particle accelerators?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'd do it. only if it was 1000 years + though

new topics

top topics

join