It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to all alt righters who have forgotten America, from Ronald Reagan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
I am amused at the opposing faction,I hope you're are sufficiently prepared for the Trump administration.

Yupper...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Bye Trump!!!!

Vegas is betting against you. The only political analyst who correctly predicted Trumps win also predicts that Trump won't last.

Thank God, moderates are getting a grip on this country again. Alt right is done. Fox news lost all their anchors and their propaganda leader pervert Ailes got destroyed. All that remains is an idiot and the wife beater OReilly who must buy his way out of being charged for spousal abuse.

We will not miss Trump, his non American mail order bride wife, and his daughter who travels the world with Putin's girlfriend and love child. Low moral humans.

ALT RIGHT IDIOTS ARE SO LOST THEY DON'T EVEN SEE THE COMPARISON BETWEEN REAGAN'S SPEECH AND WHAT'S HAPPENING TODAY! RUN FROM THESE BUMS! THEY'RE LOST FOREVER!

Right wingers, you better pray your party doesn't screw up the new healthcare bill. Your representatives will be done if they tank it.

The bigotry is strong in this one.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For a lot so convinced they know enough about Russian politics that we need to go to war with them, and also obsessed with LGBT issues, I'd expect them to know that the anti-gay thing in Russia is entirely about how their population is in decline as opposed to some idea it's about some kind of Communism resurgence. Although that is funny too, as this same group tend to contain all of the Marxist/Communist wannabe's within this nation. Not to mention wants free education, which the education level in their nation has quite a bit to do with their population being in decline. And last but not least, this same contingent also contains essentially ALL of the population reduction / Malthusian Apocalypse (global warming obsessed environmentalists) crowd within our society. And here they label all of their detractors as "low information" people.

The rational intellect of the Left of left the building!
edit on 14-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It's over. Trump is done. We gave him a chance and he kept screwing it up. It's obvious now that he must resign immediately.

How'd I miss this part my first glance!!!

It hasn't even begun yet. Trump hasn't even started. You never gave him a chance while acting like he's already had his 8 years to measure him by. And how can he resign if he's already done?

Seriously, what alternate timeline/reality/universe or what planet are you living in?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think this should be moved into a new forum titled "Lunatic Rantings" A special ATS "Rubber Room" with icons that look like you're wearing hockey equipment to fit this narrative. A narrative devoid of any reason or rhyme.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Illegitimate president! Shameful supporters.

You had your fun. The whole thing is exposed. Can't wait to see what else the blithering idiot has for the world.

Ethics. Try getting some.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
CTRL-Left trying to lecture others on what America is.

Hilarious !!!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
For a lot so convinced they know enough about Russian politics that we need to go to war with them, and also obsessed with LGBT issues, I'd expect them to know that the anti-gay thing in Russia is entirely about how their population is in decline as opposed to some idea it's about some kind of Communism resurgence.

Surely you can cite that.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

A quick [russia population in decline] jab at the Google God brought this right up:

The population of Russia peaked at 148,689,000 in 1991, just before the breakup of the Soviet Union. Low birth rates and abnormally high death rates caused Russia's population to decline at a 0.5% annual rate, or about 750,000 to 800,000 people per year from the mid-1990s to the mid-2000s. en.wikipedia.org...

A specter is haunting Russia today. It is not the specter of Communism—that ghost has been chained in the attic of the past—but rather of depopulation—a relentless, unremitting, and perhaps unstoppable depopulation. The mass deaths associated with the Communist era may be history, but another sort of mass death may have only just begun, as Russians practice what amounts to an ethnic self-cleansing. Since 1992, Russia’s human numbers have been progressively dwindling. This slow motion process now taking place in the country carries with it grim and potentially disastrous implications that threaten to recast the contours of life and society in Russia, to diminish the prospects for Russian economic development, and to affect Russia’s potential influence on the world stage in the years ahead.

...The current Russian depopulation—which began in 1992 and shows no signs of abating—was, like the previous episodes, also precipitated by events of momentous political significance: the final dissolution of the Soviet Union and the end of Communist Party rule. But it differs in three important respects. First, it is by far the longest period of population decline in modern Russian history, having persisted for over twice as long as the decline that followed the Bolshevik Revolution, and well over three times as long as the terrifying depopulation Russia experienced during and immediately after World War II. Second, unlike all the previous depopulations in Russia, this one has been taking place under what are, within the Russian context, basically orderly social and political circumstances. Terror and war are not the engines for the depopulation Russia is experiencing today, as they have been in the past. And finally, whereas Russia’s previous depopulations resulted from wild and terrible social paroxysms, they were also clearly temporary in nature. The current crisis, on the other hand, is proceeding gradually and routinely, and thus it is impossible to predict when, or whether, it will finally come to an end. www.worldaffairsjournal.org...

Now note that even Malthus argued in favor of promoting homosexuality as a means of population control, and that the over-promotion of the lifestyle (given that the 'natural level' is only about 4% of the population) by the corporate media (note they own the TV channels/shows/Hollywood/radio as well the "News") is viewed and opposed by many as being part of the de-population agenda held by many leftist commoners & NWO Elitists (of the doomsday global warming environmentalist varieties [whom happen to tend to view Malthus as a sort of holy prophet]) alike.

And before you even ask:

Education in Russia is organised and coordinated by the state, which ensures that general education is free and available for everyone.
www.expatica.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You misunderstand...please cite support for the statement: "the anti-gay thing in Russia is entirely about how their population is in decline", ie that the Russian mistreatment of gays can be directly attributed to their declining birth rate.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I think that might be the answer as to why Russia isn't promoting homosexuality, because their "mistreatment" of gays is connected to Orthodox church and to the fact that they are an extremely traditional country, with a clear set of values and moral standards.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I think that might be the answer as to why Russia isn't promoting homosexuality, because their "mistreatment" of gays is connected to Orthodox church and to the fact that they are an extremely traditional country, with a clear set of values and moral standards.

I do believe you are right and that IgnoranceIsntBlisss is either confused or disingenuous on the subject. I note, too, that your choice of language appears to support the abuse of LGBT. That's another discussion. Glad we are better here. Not perfect...but better.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I would put more hope in their bribes convincing couples into having more children than I would their policies regarding homosexuality having much effect really.
they've also downgraded domestic violence down to a misdemeanor...
maybe that is so that women can be beating into submitting to having more kids??

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

My stance towards LGBT community is rather neutral. I don't care about them, as long as their pride parade is not forced upon me to witness and watch.

I'm not really sure how did you come to a conclusion that I condone violence against them, but it's probably a misunderstanding.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You're over-reading your cherry picked half sentence selection there ala leaving out "as opposed to some idea it's about some kind of Communism resurgence."

While I guess you didn't read past the Russia shrinking population citations.

The first time I even heard about their population crisis was in reading some story about the Free Pussy Riot fiasco, wherein they mentioned the whole ordeal. That they have these heterosexuality festivals for teens kind of thing to promote couples hooking up and having kids. They're literally desperate over there.

So I figured underscoring how for centuries over-population obsessed elitists have argued in favor of promoting homosexuality to curb population growth would suffice you, but since that didn't work and you don't seem apt to put two and two together while being unwilling to go to the Google on your own despite your interest seemingly being perked at the talking point let me trying another GoogleFu move for you...

[]

Russia’s anti-gay laws in line with public’s views on homosexuality: About three-quarters of Russians don’t think homosexuality should be accepted by society.
The announcement prompted fears that foreign Olympic athletes and spectators could be affected by the law, signed last month by President Vladimir Putin, which bans “homosexual propaganda.” Since then, a top Russian lawmaker sought to allay such concerns by saying the winter games would not be subject to the laws.

Putin also recently signed another law that restricts the adoption of Russian children by people living in countries that recognize same-sex marriage.

The laws seem to align with Russia’s rejection of homosexuality. About three-quarters (74%) of Russians said homosexuality should not be accepted by society, while just 16% said it should be accepted, according to a recent Pew Research Center survey. www.pewresearch.org...

That's not quite what we're looking for, but it does show it's not merely some 'Communist regime' agenda based thing...

In 2006, Vladimir Putin described population decline as the country’s “most urgent problem.” In 2007, the government introduced a program to pay $11,000 to mothers who have more than one child. That same year, the AP reported on families being given days off from work (and potentially winning “money, cars, refrigerators, and other prizes”) in exchange for making babies. In 2011, Putin announced an additional $53 billion in government expenditures to boost the birthrate. And on a darker note, Putin has used the population crisis as a justification for the government’s hostility to homosexuality. www.slate.com...

There's goes Slate admitting it, although adding spin to it of course.

But there's some timeline for you. Communism ends. Anti-gay laws against gays over-turned. Meanwhile the population goes into the tank threatening their economy etc. Desperation to make more babies ensues. Not totally shocking that they'd go conservative style on social items that work counter to the stuff that makes and keeps the babies flowing, OR IS IT?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'd like t think there could be something in between them being ANTI-gay vs. gay-related culture here being RAMMED down everyone's throats.

I can't speak to their domestic violence. But where did you get that kind of intense impression? Although I suppose it does work for the Islamic community, no? They're also anti-gay, anti-womens rights... and rabidly defended by liberals despite being ruthlessly violent about such stances so why no wanting to rage war on them like with Russia? Because the political masters that shape and mold public political perspectives and agendas said to hate one but not the other is why.

Note I'm not even defending either of them, but at least in Russia' case there is some rationale behind the thing. With Islam's evil oppression there is none of the sort (they have too many people in the places they come from if anything).

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Russia selectively blocking internet
Russia blocks LinkedIn, Job recruitment site for professional workers

Ask yourselves, are we in the same place today? Are the Russian people free? The truth is, no, they are not free. We have failed good people and let ourselves down.

Reagan's speech at the Brandenburg Gate

"And now -- now the Soviets themselves may, in a limited way, be coming to understand the importance of freedom. We hear much from Moscow about a new policy of reform and openness. Some political prisoners have been released. Certain foreign news broadcasts are no longer being jammed. Some economic enterprises have been permitted to operate with greater freedom from state control.

Are these the beginnings of profound changes in the Soviet state? Or are they token gestures intended to raise false hopes in the West, or to strengthen the Soviet system without changing it? We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty -- the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace.

There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.

General Secretary Gorbachev, IF YOU SEEK PEACE, IF YOU SEEK PROSPERITY for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, IF YOU SEEK LIBERALIZATION: Come here to this gate.

Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate.

Mr. Gorbachev -- Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Regean was a great president. Trump doesn't deserve to sit at the same desk as this man. It's betrays everything we believe in as Americans. Putin has walled in his people. All people must be free!!!

It's over. Trump is done. We gave him a chance and he kept screwing it up. It's obvious now that he must resign immediately.

Wow, did I miss the inauguration and the first 100 days?

I suppose Russia is worse than the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Cuba's Castro brothers.

By all means, start the proceedings.

OY!!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
My stance towards LGBT community is rather neutral. I don't care about them, as long as their pride parade is not forced upon me to witness and watch.
I'm not really sure how did you come to a conclusion that I condone violence against them, but it's probably a misunderstanding.
Actually, I base it upon your qualification of the word 'mistreatment' and your description of their motives as based upon 'a clear set of values and moral standards'...as though there is something lacking in Western tolerance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join