It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS generate a communications channel with the incoming Trump Administration?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

He was just banned.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

They removed it right after I drew attention to it.
Very strange.
Have you PM'd him yet?

EDIT:
They just banned him.

I was just about to open up a communications channel (send a PM), but they banned him before I was able to make contact..

What were his posts like? (did you read any?) just curious.. were they TOS violations, did they violate decorum or rules of civility?

It's doubtful in the extreme of course, but you just never know in this day and age.

edit on 14-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

What will it be called??

TweetBOOK?

FACETrump?

Trumpstagram?

Donalderest?

How about FACE-Tweet-stagram-erest??? (I like that one)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Only quickly read the one.
It was short and sweet and was about how the media was using fake news against Trump and that they keep failing.

EDT: There was nothing offensive or in violation of rules that I noticed.
edit on 14-1-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Dear OP. Dear ATS,

You're not that important. A "communications channel" directly to the White House? Really? Do you seriously think the commentary provided here on ATS is more incisive, more important, or more erudite than the rest of the population? The US Population is a bit over 300 million. The statistics on ATS, however, are misleading. Although the number of accounts is a 300,000 plus, about a tenth of a percent of the population, only 55% have ever bothered to post, and only 6500 have 500 or more posts, i.e.: are active posters.

Now, what kind of reputation does ATS have? The owners have done a pretty good job of maximizing page hits in an attempt to supply income to the site via advertisers who pay more or less on a per hit basis. There's nothing wrong with that. The users don't pay to access the site, but on the other hand, the site is all about "user-provided content" for which the user doesn't get paid either. Win-win. All that does is make ATS appear bigger than it really is, like a puffer fish or a cat that bristles its fur and stands sideways to make itself appear bigger to potential predators.

But in terms of reputation, ATS is rarely cited, and on the rare occasion that it is everyone excitedly points it out as if this proves ATS is the harbinger of truth, justice, and common sense. The only time I have actually seen such a citation it said ATS was "a cranky conspiracy site." In other words, ATS as a "body politic" thinks it's a whole lot bigger and more important than the rest of the world thinks it is. The idea that ATS somehow deserves a direct communications channel to the White House is completely absurd and laughable.
edit on 1/14/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Im sorry to say this but Zero Hedge and some other places I visit have plenty of people there that have blown my mind moreso than anyone here and they are less into the dualistic left/right paradigm of flies to #### either thats going on here,this place is not the sole source of intellect on the web
edit on 14-1-2017 by khnum because: boo boo

edit on 14-1-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I was once at an event. There were a few celebrities there.

One was a Star Trek star. When I finally got a one-on-one chance to speak with her. . . what did we talk about?

Fishing.

We both loved fishing.

Getting a line of communication is almost easy nowadays.

Getting the right topic to actually talk about is the hard part.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Ah but you never know.

I once was participating in an internet forum of just a bunch of independent researchers investigating 9/11 (one of our members created a documentary called "Loose Change"), and the site owner he used to like to ghost the IP addresses to see who was visiting and then he'd post them.

If you think they are not paying any attention to this particular virtual community on the net, then I think you are probably mistaken.

As to being deserved to have a voice, if the little man doesn't have one, then no one deserves to have one and we've all seen and heard full well what the so-called "elite" "establishment" has to offer and it tries to tell us that we do not have a voice but are part of some collective herd of some kind.

I think you are mistaken and are way behind the times and have yet to catch up to the new reality where all kinds of things become possible.

As to the puffer fish clickbait idea, that's probably true, but even still ATS get's one heck of a lot of page views and unique visitors on a weekly and monthly basis.

Who are you to say that we are nobody and do not deserve to have a voice or be heard?!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It was short and sweet and was about how the media was using fake news against Trump and that they keep failing.

That's very interesting. Thanks.

Edit: Was there anything in the language patterning, which is like a fingerprint in some ways, which made you wonder...?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Amen. Happens on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What we really need is a button the shape of a bird with an orange face that tweets directly to Trump's Twitter and a lowercase t icon with an orange face that links right to his Facebook. I bet a few others would like special trump emoticons just to send him lots of love.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Edit: Was there anything in the language patterning, which is like a fingerprint in some ways, which made you wonder...?

Yes. The post felt like a tweet.

What if ATS just banned the next POTUS?

edit on 14-1-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nichelle Nichols?
Had a big crush on Lt. Uhura when I was a kid.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I was once at an event. There were a few celebrities there.

One was a Star Trek star. When I finally got a one-on-one chance to speak with her. . . what did we talk about?

Fishing.

We both loved fishing.

Getting a line of communication is almost easy nowadays.

Getting the right topic to actually talk about is the hard part.

Jeri Ryan has talked about fishing. Jeri Ryan fishing spot

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yes. The post felt like a tweet.

What if ATS just banned the next POTUS?

Pretty sad.

Why do you think they would do that? If word got out, then it would certainly increase traffic and thus ad revenue..

They might have scared him away and, by silencing his own voice here, also turned him away from paying attention to our own..

Could have been a lost opportunity

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Can ATS generate a communications channel with the incoming Trump Administration?

I already have a channel of open communication with the Trump Admin; everytime I enter the bathroom and crap and flush it!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

What we really need is a button the shape of a bird with an orange face that tweets directly to Trump's Twitter and a lowercase t icon with an orange face that links right to his Facebook. I bet a few others would like special trump emoticons just to send him lots of love.

Good idea!

Except they just banned him, so he probably won't be coming back..

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

I already have a channel of open communication with the Trump Admin; everytime I enter the bathroom and crap and flush it!

That's rather disrespectful, no?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Did what he posted represent something that would cause "thread drift" and would normally be removed no matter who posted it?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It was Marina Sirtis, wasn't it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join