It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, please...PUH-LEEZE!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: kaylaluv

It's called "emphasis" in case you weren't aware.

Emphasis where emphasis is required.

Next!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

It's called "emphasis" in case you weren't aware.

Emphasis where emphasis is required.

Next!

Everyone knows that in the internet world, all caps means shouting. Bolding means emphasis.

Next.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
NO CAP RULES INFRINGE ON MY FREE SPEECH RIGHTS.

HOW DARE YOU SCREAM AT ME

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal
BEWARE THE CAPS POLICE....HA HA....owwww scary

I think it is clear throughout this thread that if lefters are being immature (I don't know where exactly, I assume this is a reference to something happening in the states I am not aware of)
it is painfully clear that those of the right are not exactly mature and reasonable either....

link   
Irrational unfounded fears used to be called Paranoia and was treated as a mental disorder.

par·a·noi·a
/ˌperəˈnoiə/
noun
noun: paranoia
a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system

delusions of persecution....check
unwarranted jealousy.....check
exaggerated self-importance....check
elaborated into an organized system....check

no doubt about it, the progressive snowflakes are afflicted with mass paranoia.They need to seek professional help because mental illnesses don`t just cure themselves.

edit on 14-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

link   

NO CAP RULES INFRINGE ON MY FREE SPEECH RIGHTS.

HOW DARE YOU SCREAM AT ME

WHAT?

I'M HARD OF HEARING!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No you haven't. You haven't done squat researching this. You are a one-layered thinker that buys into the fluff of a slick website that touts "all the Great Things our Foundation/Government has done".

The thing about a lot of bazillionaire righties, as you call them, is that they usually don't blow a giant trumpet when they do something to help. If you do just a tiny bit of research, you will find that REAL charity from one's personal pocketbook is more generous from those on the right. The right gives from their personal stores in general, while the left wants to take from everyone else's stores and redistribute it.

But, let's stop going tit for tat. You and I both know by now that studies and charts and polls and stats are based on who is doing them, where they were done, and the methods by which they were done.

Let's agree there are loving and generous people on both sides of the ideological aisle and they use different methods to express it?

Is that okay? Can you agree on that? Or, is your hatred for the right so ingrained by the progressive cult that it is impossible to do this without being fearful of experiencing the "disconnect" from your socially warm-and-fuzzy beliefs.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

I think it is clear throughout this thread that if lefters are being immature (I don't know where exactly, I assume this is a reference to something happening in the states I am not aware of)
it is painfully clear that those of the right are not exactly mature and reasonable either....

IT IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE..DON"T YOU KNOW

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Irrational unfounded fears used to be called Paranoia and was treated as a mental disorder.

par·a·noi·a
/ˌperəˈnoiə/
noun
noun: paranoia
a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system

Now we use puppy therapy.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well I appreciate your response. Also I'm so grateful for your kind words regarding my dad. He's doing great so far!

I work for a private school teaching English to non-native speakers. I have a second, part-time job grading tests online. Sorry- I didn't word that portion of my response properly, and made it sound as if I were paid to go to school. What I actually meant was that my schooling paid off and now provides me with decent job opportunities.

As for welfare, I am divided. I do think, and it is in accordance to my religious beliefs, that we should help each other to whichever degree we are able. Even if that means giving something for nothing. But I don't think our system in place now is beneficial to anyone really.

Keep the dialogue going! But I'd only suggest toning it down a bit if you wish to really impact people and make a change for the better.

EDIT: I agree that I have never seen anything like this election. I think the seeds of dissent were sown many years ago, that this is a gradual accumulation of what has been fed to us on the news, etc. We can refuse to be led down this road, or jump on the bandwagon. I hope we forge a new path!
edit on 14-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Let's agree there are loving and generous people on both sides of the ideological aisle and they use different methods to express it?

Is that okay? Can you agree on that? Or, is your hatred for the right so ingrained by the progressive cult that it is impossible to do this without being fearful of experiencing the "disconnect" from your socially warm-and-fuzzy beliefs.

Tell the OP that. He's the one who wrote a thread about how awful the left is, without including a fair balance of how awful the right is too.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why does he need to do that when you do such a fabulous job of it yourself?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
god, im so upset...shhhhh......lets all be real quiet .....hear that ?....stop that loud cap shouting and you will !
opps ..i used an exclamation point...now im in trouble for using an exclamtion point....dam, will we stupid people ever get it pc right

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

That's the understatement of the century mate.

I have begun to call them exactly what they are: enormous hypocrites.

I hate hypocrites, with a passion. One of the lowest forms of humanity in my honest opinion.

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Feel better?

Yes actually, thank you.

When you're done labelling and abusing those who you see as your political opposition, perhaps you and all your friends who support Trump can stop the giant circle-jerk and begin the healing process?

Already working on it. It's called tearing the Band-Aid off!

Or are you more interested in making an already huge problem, being the divisiveness and animosity, even worse?

No the left has a corner on this market!

I thought you lot didn't like being insulted and labelled - being part of the reason you voted for Trump, yet here you are with your fellow Trump supporters making thread after thread doing exactly that. Any chance you could stop being an enormous hypocrite now so that we can all start working together to heal the divide?

I could give a flying foo-fah about being labeled, that's a moniker of the left, or did you forget? Honestly, I voted for Trump to keep the likes of a career politician/criminal out of the highest office in the free world. Hypocrite??? Really...heh, far from it! Calling a spade a spade hurts sometimes, but it's an important part of the healing process. People need to understand there are consequences for their actions, otherwise they have no incentive to change their behaviors. As more and more people wake up to how embarrassing they are to an entire nation, the sooner they are likely to stop acting like a bunch of spoiled rotten brats![/quote]

Or is this all too much to ask?

Nope.

link   

Why does he need to do that when you do such a fabulous job of it yourself?

Because if he would do it, I wouldn't have to.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

god, im so upset...shhhhh......lets all be real quiet .....hear that ?....stop that loud cap shouting and you will !
opps ..i used an exclamation point...now im in trouble for using an exclamtion point....dam, will we stupid people ever get it pc right

It's okay. I think Kaylaluv may be a little behind the times. Caps, when used sparingly can mean the same as bolding or italicizing for emphasis. When used in an entire sentence or paragraph, it might mean shouting. But, it's best if you have been triggered by the all-caps to ask the all-capper if he/she meant to scream. If not, it is courteous to just let it go.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If it's not to much to ask then can we start now?

By the way, you actually contradicted yourself several times in that post, but I'll leave it and see if you're going to stop contributing to the immature, divisive and hypocritical nonsense and start to work to heal the divide as you just said you would by agreeing that it's not too much to ask.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: queenofswords

Tell the OP that. He's the one who wrote a thread about how awful the left is, without including a fair balance of how awful the right is too.

Perhaps you didn't actually read the OP so much before responding...ya think?

If you had, you would have seen this part...

Ironically, it's not just the left who feel these same emotions of sheer terror. No, the "establishment" politicians and elite are in the same boat. They simply cannot accept outright REJECT the notion, under any circumstances, that they could be held accountable for their actions!! That there might be some transparency into their world by the unwashed masses who elect them is categorically unacceptable!!! OH...MY...GAWD...this just CANNOT be!!!

So triggered by an opposing view you are that you instantly must respond. This is the exact knee-jerk reaction I'm referring to! Thank you for making my case.

Oh that, and the CAPS thing!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That wasn't a balanced representation. You are comparing the left masses to awful politicians. What about the right masses?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join