It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My google "ban."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have tried to post this once on ATS and it went into a black hole, so I will try again. Here we go!!

I commented on a youtube video and seconds later I got this.

Can anyone tell me what this is? I have never seen this in my "internet life." The comment I made was "The truth hurts." Can I get some closure here?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Chromebroweser?

turn off sync: chrome://settings/syncSetup

edit on 14-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Chromebroweser?

I don't even know what that is.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If your running Windows - it looks like Malware/Virus activity. DO NOT click stuff like that. If you want to check your certificates go to Internet Explorer's Options under the tool gear, then click the Content Tab and you will see a radio button for Certificates. Click it... Do a search from root for Google Certificate... Actually, does Google have a cert? - yet another question... Anyway, you can drill down in any certificate and verify expiration dates. If your worried you may have changed something, can out of it (cancel cancel cancel).

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

What browser are you using?

Chrome?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What browser are you using?

Chrome?

Mobile, not PC.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hmm, not sure then, I mean what it seems like is a browser hijack.

Look into any options menu, maybe you can reset the browser?

Reinstall?

Sorry man.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
You're right, it does look Chrome-y..... and since it is a mobile... definite hijack risk.

edit on 14-1-2017 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Could be a man-in-the-middle attack where someone is sitting between you and Google (or any other site for that matter). You think you are connecting to google when in fact you are connected to something else posing as Google. The attacker sets up an encrypted connection with you and either infects you when you get to the site, or reads data you are trying to send securely to Google. If you get this going to other sites, check your DNS settings and run an AV scan

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hmm, not sure then, I mean what it seems like is a browser hijack.

Look into any options menu, maybe you can reset the browser?

Reinstall?

Sorry man.

I am not bad with tech. It is something that freaked me out though. Thats why I have asked the people here.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Upon googling it seems to be a somewhat common problem. I don't think you're being censored.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Upon googling it seems to be a somewhat common problem. I don't think you're being censored.

The thing is, I have never had a problem with mobile. On PC I can see the problem right away.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I guess I should just calm down. But still, I think it is weird that it happened in this period of time. Cheers y'all and thank you all!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Rethought : a firewall reporting a phishing website.
edit on 1/14/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do not, I repeat, Do Not click on anything inside that window, even the red x to close it.

Its a trap!

Force quit your browser, restart your system, clear cache and cookies. Do a virus check.

You have just avoided another hack-nario...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Do not, I repeat, Do Not click on anything inside that window, even the red x to close it.

Its a trap!

Force quit your browser, restart your system, clear cache and cookies. Do a virus check.

You have just avoided another hack-nario...

If it happens, yes i do restart. And thank you intrptr!!

edit on 1/14/2017 by Tundra because: Had to spell intrptr the right way!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Malware hijack.

You may want to look into a program called Hitman Pro for removal. Also Superantispyware

a lot of this going on lately

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'd suspect you are behind a firewall whose system date/time/timezone is not correct, or your mobile device date/time/timezone is not correct and you are using the Chrome browser. The error says it is date related.

While this could be indicating a man-in-the-middle type compromise, it could also be a misconfigured top-end firewall device, which could be at your ISP or on the corporate network through which you are connecting to the Internet, or on your device.

If you were accessing google via HTTP there would be no issue but since you are using HTTPS, the certification of the connection (which requires that certificates have not timed-out) is part of the security. An invalid date/time/timezone somewhere will disqualify the certificate/s.

Google seems to be enforcing HTTPS connections now for most of their services and also on the Chrome browser, which means greater security between your browser and their servers but can occasionally cause issues.

Check the date, time and timezone on your device are correct, then retry browsing to Google search. If the problem persists, you could download another browser app. I'd suggest the free TOR Browser which combines normal browser security with the added security of the TOR VPN. This will also effectively prevent any man-in-the-middle type attck too.

edit on 14/1/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I had the same thing happen recently, unfortunately it's malware. It hijacks every browser, and will write a script to the registry, and 4 or 5 other places. Extremely malicious too. Unless everything is removed it will replicate, again and again.

It's a DNS malware.

Here's an article that may help.

www.quora.com...

www.bleepingcomputer.com...

Doesn't matter what settings are changed, how many times browsers are uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any time someone types google.com in it will give and error that the certificate is fake, or expired.

It was a pain-in-the ass to get rid of, but Hitman pro really helped.

edit on 14-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Safe mode without networking, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Hitman pro, Hijack this. Run each 1 and then immediately restart back into safe mode and then run the next one. Rinse and repeat. Register with Bleeping Computer if you can't get rid of it and people there will help with it and running Hitman Pro and interpreting Hijack This. I used to be 1 of them. Its a good place.

And stop using anything Google related. Amazes me how many people worry about their Privacy and don't trust our Govt and then use Chrome, Android, and everything else that is Google related. A company that is essentially the 2nd branch of our Govt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join