It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK serviceman still missing after disappearing in village three months ago

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Soloprotocol

How bizarre.

So, what do we think led to this mans arrest? Did he fail to alert authorities to something going on with one of the trucks he directed? Did the lads on the lorry find a body, and he covered it up somehow? How, precisely, is he supposed to have perverted the course of justice from his dispatch office? And furthermore, why would he have done that, given that he is apparently a special constable? Surely he should have known better than that?

Maybe he's involved in some sort of work related scam and led police on a wild goose chase to cover his tracks somehow.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

credible - given that bin tare values and reported loads were cited as conclusive evidence that they guy COULD NOT have been in a bin

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

credible - given that bin tare values and reported loads were cited as conclusive evidence that they guy COULD NOT have been in a bin

Yeah, maybe some back handers being received. Doesn't mentaion anything about the guy being arrested in connection with the Disappearance..Just that he's arrested on perverting the course of justice..ie, Lying.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well well News about the Garbage Truck the weight recorded was not quite as first reported..

A bin lorry at the centre of the investigation into missing RAF airman Corrie Mckeague was carrying a significantly heavier load than first thought, police have said. Mr Mckeague disappeared in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September. Police believed the lorry which picked up bins near where he was last seen was carrying 11kg (1st 10lb), but now know it was more than 100kg (15st 10lb). A man arrested in connection with the investigation faces no further action. A search of a landfill site in Cambridgeshire started on Monday.

www.bbc.co.uk...

A 26-year-old man arrested on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice as part of the continuing Corrie McKeague missing person investigation has been told he will face no further action. The 26-year-old was arrested on Wednesday 1 March and interviewed about information provided to the investigation before being bailed. However, after more work by detectives, he has now been told he will face no further action. Police have been carrying out extensive work to check and re-check data provided to officers. As a result of this comprehensive checking process and analysis it was discovered that the initial weight of the waste pick-up supplied to the investigation was incorrect and that it was far higher than originally thought. This directly led to the arrest as police moved to secure any potential evidence however, following further work and the interviewing of a second man under caution, detectives now believe there was no attempt to hide information. Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said; "Through the persistence of officers and their detailed work we recently identified that the data provided was incorrect. We now know the weight of the waste collection from the ‘horseshoe’ on the night Corrie went missing was over 100kg, when the original information we were given indicated that this was 11kg, and this makes our search of the landfill the next logical step to try to find Corrie. “The investigation has identified that the company who provided the data usually charge per collection, not per weight of load collected, and it appears that it was genuinely believed by the company that the data provided was correct. There was no intention to mislead the investigation, however our discovery, through persisting with this through our enquiries and evidence gathering, now puts a new emphasis on the search. “Corrie’s family have been made aware of this new information and we continue to liaise with them as we move forward. “Our extensive work around CCTV to see if Corrie could have left the Brentgovel Street area and the vast number of other enquiries we have been making have been crucial to getting us to this point. “We have had to be methodical and systematic in our approach to ensure we were not ruling out the line of enquiry that may give us the answers. The search of the landfill is a huge undertaking, and still may not provide the answer as to what happened, but now, with new information uncovered by the officers working on the case, this is the priority.

www.suffolk.police.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

“The investigation has identified that the company who provided the data usually charge per collection, not per weight of load collected,

Usually?

We now know the weight of the waste collection from the ‘horseshoe’ on the night Corrie went missing was over 100kg, when the original information we were given indicated that this was 11kg,

Why lie?
Sounds to me like the Police, having uncovered a workplace scam to make a few bucks, have decided that finding Corrie is the higher priority and dropped all charges......Fair do's the the Police.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Police say they are now confident that they will find Corrie's body at the landfill site. I can't understand why they didn't do it earlier though? I know there was the mixup about the bin lorry's weight but there was clearly the possibility that this is what had happened.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Apparently Police would like to question these individuals regarding the incident.

On a more serious note this does seem puzzling in the extreme, hopefully the guy turns up safe and well.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Looks like the guy will turn up trashed ! the interest will be how he ended up in that garbage bin/truck ?
Make sure you have comrades with you if wondering around without your brains at the wrong time in the wrong place..
A big shame but he owned some blame..

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No sign yet after Five weeks of combing through refuse.
Update.

The father of missing airman Corrie Mckeague, who is camping near a landfill site as police search for a body, said it is "heartbreaking" to think his son is buried there. Police have been searching the site in Milton, Cambridgeshire, for five weeks. Despite a high-profile missing persons campaign, it is thought by police he ended up in a bin lorry. Mr Mckeague's father Martin said it was "breathtaking" to see how much waste officers have combed through.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
No sign yet after Five weeks of combing through refuse.
Update.

The father of missing airman Corrie Mckeague, who is camping near a landfill site as police search for a body, said it is "heartbreaking" to think his son is buried there. Police have been searching the site in Milton, Cambridgeshire, for five weeks. Despite a high-profile missing persons campaign, it is thought by police he ended up in a bin lorry. Mr Mckeague's father Martin said it was "breathtaking" to see how much waste officers have combed through.

www.bbc.co.uk...

He's been gone for 7 months now. If he's in that tip he's nothing but bones. Cadaver dogs wont be much use either with the amount of rotten meat that gets thrown away on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Heres 2 tragic storys from the last few years, just in my city alone.

Out drinking, fall asleep in a bin, body is found in the bin lorry or the tip.

www.bbc.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If the police find his body at the tip they are going to have alot of explaining to do!!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Also with regards to a scam going on with the weight of the bin. Yes scams happen all the time (I delt with RDF for 5 years and have witnessed many) however i fail to see how charging the client for 10kg when the weight was 100kg is a scam when you have just undercharged them by 90%

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
Also with regards to a scam going on with the weight of the bin. Yes scams happen all the time (I delt with RDF for 5 years and have witnessed many) however i fail to see how charging the client for 10kg when the weight was 100kg is a scam when you have just undercharged them by 90%

The guy who has the bin tips a nice bit of money to the Xmas beer fund and thus the guys are happy to adjust the values. I was a shop owner so know how they work, slap a few notes in their hands and they'll take pretty much anything so long as it doesn't cause them to go over the weight limit so no rubble etc but if you have a metric crap tonne of cardboard to get rid of that weights next to nothing and normally can be compressed into almost nothing in the wagon they'll take it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

originally posted by: kamatty

The guy who has the bin tips a nice bit of money to the Xmas beer fund and thus the guys are happy to adjust the values. I was a shop owner so know how they work, slap a few notes in their hands and they'll take pretty much anything so long as it doesn't cause them to go over the weight limit so no rubble etc but if you have a metric crap tonne of cardboard to get rid of that weights next to nothing and normally can be compressed into almost nothing in the wagon they'll take it.

The lorry weights the bin as it tips it into the back, if the record shows that 115kg went in then we can assume the bin was tipped straight in. If they took back handers they would take 90% of the cardboard out and send the 10% into the lorry getting the weight. Then handball the 90% in avoiding the scales on the bin lift. If they did that im pretty sure they would have doind someone in there.

If that had happened it we would all know by now, they have been clear of any wrong doing and the police have said that it was just a mistake

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Oh believe me i've worked for the council and at the family shop and believes me you will get what you want so long as its not traceable

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
a reply to: kamatty

Oh believe me i've worked for the council and at the family shop and believes me you will get what you want so long as its not traceable

I worked the tip for 5 years managing a RDF contract. Theres no point us going over something we both agree on (cash for taking more on the side)

My point is if you actually read the police statments regarding this story its clear that its not a back hander, its just a mistake. They have said nothing will happen to the company that provided the wrong information (it wasnt the tip, but you knew that already because you read up on this before commenting? Didn't you?)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Also nobody was there when the bin was collected, its a contract pick up.

If you actually knew what you are talking about you wouldn't be talking now.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Still have not found any trace after 8 weeks searching very carefully and they would for sure find human remains if looking and Clothing, Shoes, Hair, Teeth, Nails and Bones.

However, Mrs Urquhart said officers were surprised not to have found Corrie yet as they went straight for the area that was identified as having rubbish from that bin lorry placed there. However, they are now widening the search area to look at areas nearby where the load from the bin lorry in question is likely to be. “They were surprised they didn’t find him where they were looking before, which is why they’re now trying this area. I would say it’s quite an important week,” said Mrs Urquhart. She said she and the police were all confident the search so far has been so thorough Corrie could not have been missed. “Any bits they’ve searched up until now I think it’s fair to say he’s definitely not been in,” she said. She said this week’s search would concentrate on looking further back in the landfill and preparatory work took place on Friday and Monday. “They know they’re looking for Greggs rubbish and they’ve not passed Greggs rubbish yet,” Mrs Urquhart said. “They’ve found the odd Greggs cup but they’ve not found what should be a substantial amount of Greggs-branded rubbish.” She also suggested the search deadline could be extended. A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “There is no set end date for the search as it stands. We always said it would take up to 10 weeks and we are regularly reviewing where we are with the search.

www.eadt.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The baffling case of Corrie McKeague now seems to be over.

"Corrie is no longer missing," his father, Martin McKeague, wrote on Facebook.
"What we mean by this is that after looking at all of the facts and evidence we now know what happened to our son.
"We are certain he is somewhere in the Suffolk waste disposal system, but his remains are essentially irretrievable."

The evidence was "as thorough as it was compelling", he said, adding that experts had "concluded beyond any doubt that Corrie had ended up in the Suffolk waste disposal system".
"Accepting that conclusion has clearly not been easy for the McKeague family in Scotland, nor anyone else," he wrote.
The remaining areas not covered in the inquiry are either "too toxic to search" or "so vast it could take years to do so".

What a sad and horrible way to go, hope this is now closure for the family.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join