It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Playing Chess while the US Is Playing Gotcha

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
To be honest, it is a little frustrating for me that so many of you really don't see the BIG picture surrounding Donald Trump and MORE IMPORTANTLY, RUSSIA.

For many years the US and Russia have been fighting a proxy war in Syria. For me it has been a confusing and frustrating thing because I have never really understood the reason why the US has been so instant in fighting there. Or why Russia and the US seem to have been fighting a proxy war for many years now. Unfortunately, Obama has never really explained his motivations on this conflict, and I think that has been a real shortcoming on his behalf.

One of the things many of you don't seem to understand is that the US dollar, the currency that makes up the money in your wallet, the money in your retirement fund, 401 is DIRECTLY LINKED to global sales of oil. Meaning the sale of oil GLOBALLY is done in dollars, USD, the money with George Washington on it.

The stability and strength of our economy, is linked to our currency, is linked to Global oil Sales.

This link is a little primer on the system I speak of.

www.zerohedge.com...

Well, after a little bit of research, the entire Syria proxy war seems to have some very serious consequences for Russia and the US. You see, if Russia takes Syria, which they have geopolitically speaking, then that gives Russia the fastest and cheapest access to the European Oil market.

Here is a map showing PART of the strategic battle the Obama and Putin were fighting.

goo.gl...

Another thing to consider is that Russia AND China have been working to dethrone the USD reserve currency which could have serious long term, and even immediate effects on your money, my money, liberal and conservative money alike. Both countries are making moves to do just that, making inroads to establish themselves in a system that have been monopolized by the US, for better or for worse. (well better for my wallet anyways)

China's move can be examined here fortune.com...

Russia's move here www.zerohedge.com...

Both countries also have a strategic alliance called BRICS

en.wikipedia.org...

This past year has seen both countries align on a series of issues, but the currency moves make it appear as if the stage is being set to try to boot the
USD at some point, a move that would take less than a month by my calculations, if it is done right.

To me, the entire Trump situation seems like Russia is trying to engineer US policy so they can set up the stage for a resurgence. But the evidence suggests that their ultimate move is going to be leapfrogging right over America by acting in concert with China. A move that could increase Russia's wealth exponentially as the US is their primary competition in their primary business, OIL.

Here is more evidence that Russia is leading other non-Opec nations in oil policy

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Oh and Iran, the country you hate and fear... guess who is gonna be arming them?

thediplomat.com...

And making OIL deals with terrible Iran, really, terrible low energy

oilprice.com...

Turkey, the country the US was going to build a pipeline with... Well, Turkey too

www.forbes.com...

China AGAIN??? oh snap, you mean Russia is gonna supply the most populist nation on the Globe in the near future?

rbth.com...

Anyways, my point is I see so many people who are so very partisan and tunnel vision that they are being completely oblivious
to what is going on. The BLIND trust in Russia that has become so popular is almost like watching a mass brainwashing in real time.
Sure we can be friends with Russia, but first of all we have to figure out why the hell they are making all these moves that could damage
our country's economy.

In a basic way, if the new president is too egotistical, too trusting or too pig headed to see the realities of what is happening
geopolitically, our country, and all that we are could be laid to waste due to a chess match we didn't even know was happening. Or, if by some chance
Russia has serious dirt on Trump they could get him to sanction exactly what they need to promote this larger agenda... oh dammit!!! Guess what?
Trump is keen to drop the Russian sanctions (as I was typing this thread)

www.msn.com...

The current psychological destabilization of our democracy, our trust towards each-other and our most important institutions of defense, intelligence, information have all been severally undermined at this critical juncture. To me, as a chess player it does not seem to be an accident at all, it is too perfectly executed, pitting the right forces against one another. In a time when we need honesty and clarity, we have dissemblance, chaos and division, this is why I think Russia is all up in our business; and if there is smoke, there is fire.

edit on 14-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/14/2017 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

NOTE: Copying links directly from any Google panel spits them out as garbled url data that only Google God understands. You need to open any page you find on Google God, and grab te direct link there, otherwise you've wasted your time tryng to post it here not to mention uglying up your pages you put all the work into.

The US Petro Dollar is a fair often overlooked subject in this Russia 'thing'. The reality of it is that our US is playing bully politics with the giant Russia bear, which it seems to me only pushes them into being motivated to want to overthrow the US Petro Dollar status. Do you think they'd be more content with the scheme if we're cool, or if we're at war?

The thing in Syria isn't a 'what came forst the chicken or the egg' scenario. Instead, Russia has had military bases in Syria since 1972, clear & present allies the two of them not unlike the US & Saudi Arabia (to ame but one). And can anyone make the case that going by pre-Syrian conflict metrics, the Assad regime was any worse than the Saudi regime?

The proxy war (and that IS what it is) is the one enacted by the brazen ObamaHillaryCo., with the help of NATO whom they've been further emboldened by. If you want to put it on the CIA & NATO that's fine, as Insane McCain or Romney or Jeb Bush (the Neocon's) would have sent Al Qaeda in there just the same as did Obama & Hillary & Kerry & Biden (the Neolib's).

So if you really value the economic standing of our currency, if you really have an ounce of "humanity" inside of you, if you really care about the livelihood of US and/or other culture's then get your head out of the sand and get on board with taking down these INSANE Neocon's & Neolib's both just the same (because they are THE SAME) while since clearly they're all in against Trump you might actually give the guy some semblance of a grace period to see how he manages things (opposed to blind faithfully following the BS lines the MSM*DNC*RNC have been feeding US our entire lives).
edit on 14-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Basically your thread worries about the end of a source of income the USA just imposed on the rest of the world, got filthy rich off then squandered it all away with war mongering - the recycled petrodollar.

Iraq tried it - the USA bombed the crap out of it and deposed Saddam Hussein

Libya was about to try it and the USA went for and got Gadaffi's head on a spike.

China and Russia might try it, but China is more two faced than Russia is. Putin would know that with a largely unpopulated Siberia sitting right above China that the chinese would be eyeing it off, jealous of all the oil and gas there.

Putin is sly alright. He wants the USA and Russia to be thick as thieves and run the world together. He knows that culturally, financially and militarily the two nations would have no rivals. And that especially means an increasingly belligerent China.

ETA - Food for thought for you from the NY times on why they believe China will do a land grab.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 14-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

NOTE: Copying links directly from any Google panel spits them out as garbled url data that only Google God understands. You need to open any page you find on Google God, and grab te direct link there, otherwise you've wasted your time tryng to post it here not to mention uglying up your pages you put all the work into.

The US Petro Dollar is a fair often overlooked subject in this Russia 'thing'. The reality of it is that our US is playing bully politics with the giant Russia bear, which it seems to me only pushes them into being motivated to want to overthrow the US Petro Dollar status. Do you think they'd be more content with the scheme if we're cool, or if we're at war?

The thing in Syria isn't a 'what came forst the chicken or the egg' scenario. Instead, Russia has had military bases in Syria since 1972, clear & present allies the two of them not unlike the US & Saudi Arabia (to ame but one). And can anyone make the case that going by pre-Syrian conflict metrics, the Assad regime was any worse than the Saudi regime?

The proxy war (and that IS what it is) is the one enacted by the brazen ObamaHillaryCo., with the help of NATO whom they've been further emboldened by. If you want to put it on the CIA & NATO that's fine, as Insane McCain or Romney or Jeb Bush (the Neocon's) would have sent Al Qaeda in there just the same as did Obama & Hillary & Kerry & Biden (the Neolib's).

So if you really value the economic standing of our currency, if you really have an ounce of "humanity" inside of you, if you really care about the livelihood of US and/or other culture's then get your head out of the sand and get on board with taking down these INSANE Neocon's & Neolib's both just the same (because they are THE SAME) while since clearly they're all in against Trump you might actually give the guy some semblance of a grace period to see how he manages things (opposed to blind faithfully following the BS lines the MSM*DNC*RNC have been feeding US our entire lives).

Thanks for the help.

I do not think the MSM or Russia is pure as the white driven snow. But I sure think given the moves happening around the globe that Russia is making a move on the US, and I think they see this is the right person and the right time to make it.
The other option is that our own CIA, FBI, NSA, Whitehouse, Senate, both political parties, Media and a load of other groups all decided to make this up. Now had they blocked Trump he got this far in the process, I might be able to see it. But if this were all a lie, I don't see why they would wait until the final hours to pull this out, while I do see why Russia would wait. I'm just saying...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Wow. You just made a whole lot of sense right there.

There are so many theories and directions that I've read that has the U.S. crumble this year and all it takes is for one of them to be correct. Very troubling indeed.

This whole thing with Trump and his Cabinet and the Media, etc. etc. feels all too designed and with too many interesting connections to not planned in some way.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Russia hasn't been making moves around the globe. The USSR used to although, were never quite as daring, brazen or successful at it as did the American Imperialists. The US kept on at it -just by different excuses than the Cold War- forever after the Cold War. The US is the one that makes something on par with ALL the Global Moves. Modern Russia makes some moves, on their own continent. The US started the proxy war with them THERE. The US does far FAR worse things in Russia's continent against THEIR interests, and yet you put all of the fretting and concerns about what they are doing over there, instead of what WE'RE doing OVER THERE (that is known as raw hypocrisy). We Don't Own The World Dude. This is all NEO-COLONIALISM, which is sick, it's evil, it murders the lives of MILLIONS and decimates the livelihood of TENS OF MILLIONS every decade and that's before ObamaHillaryCo. decided it was time to flirt with nuclear annihilation by poking & proding Russia back into becoming imperialists again (which we never stopped being for longer than you or I have been alive). Wake up man! You're just parroting the BS the spin doctors have been brainwashing US all with.
edit on 14-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
As an American and a Trump supporter, I wasn't afraid of Russia before and I'm not now.

I see the big picture completely opposite. Opposite of that Trump is a naive "Putin puppet"

And lately I've been getting more hints and feelings that Trump is actually performing masterful chess moves here in the league of Putin.

I hope that it actually does turn out to be stronger relations between us and the end of pointing fingers and fear mongering for reasons to justify each others moves and work as one.

And focus on advancement in space and technology. We have a lot in common especially these days.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Basically your thread worries about the end of a source of income the USA just imposed on the rest of the world, got filthy rich off then squandered it all away with war mongering - the recycled petrodollar.

Iraq tried it - the USA bombed the crap out of it and deposed Saddam Hussein

Libya was about to try it and the USA went for and got Gadaffi's head on a spike.

China and Russia might try it, but China is more two faced than Russia is. Putin would know that with a largely unpopulated Siberia sitting right above China that the chinese would be eyeing it off, jealous of all the oil and gas there.

Putin is sly alright. He wants the USA and Russia to be thick as thieves and run the world together. He knows that culturally, financially and militarily the two nations would have no rivals. And that especially means an increasingly belligerent China.

ETA - Food for thought for you from the NY times on why they believe China will do a land grab.

www.nytimes.com...

Well maybe I am crazy, I am just one guy, but I do care about my country and it just feel like all of this is contrived a great deal. Not necessarily the stories, but the psychology of it all and the way both sides are being played, but by whom?

Could Russia just be a boogey man?? Maybe

But Putin was talking about WWIII just months ago and now it seems like everything is great, to me, he is the one pulling the strings here, not the CIA, PTB, etc...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
As an American and a Trump supporter, I wasn't afraid of Russia before and I'm not now.

I see the big picture completely opposite. Opposite of that Trump is a naive "Putin puppet"

And lately I've been getting more hints and feelings that Trump is actually performing masterful chess moves here in the league of Putin.

I hope that it actually does turn out to be stronger relations between us and the end of pointing fingers and fear mongering for reasons to justify each others moves and work as one.

And focus on advancement in space and technology. We have a lot in common especially these days.

OK

Well I hope you are right.

But if keep this in mind, if even one video is released, you will know know that you have been hosed and it behooves you to
change your views immediately, not harden your current ones, as an American.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Let's rewind back to 2001.....

THIS is where all the tension starts......

Russia got tangled up in it because Syria is an ally and they have a naval base there. Once Russia entered on the (morally correct) wrong side of the war to assist Assad, tensions ratcheted up very quickly.

Putin tried to tell us in 2015 that we are madmen for interfering in the ME

edit on 14-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Russia hasn't been making moves around the globe. The USSR used to although, were never quite as daring, brazen or successful at it as did the American Imperialists. The US kept on at it -just by different excuses than the Cold War- forever after the Cold War. The US is the one that makes something on par with ALL the Global Moves. Modern Russia makes some moves, on their own continent. The US started the proxy war with them THERE. The US does far FAR worse things in Russia's continent against THEIR interests, and yet you put all of the fretting and concerns about what they are doing over there, instead of what WE'RE doing OVER THERE (that is known as raw hypocrisy). We Don't Own The World Dude. This is all NEO-COLONIALISM, which is sick, it's evil, it murders the lives of MILLIONS and decimates the livelihood of TENS OF MILLIONS every decade and that's before ObamaHillaryCo. decided it was time to flirt with nuclear annihilation by poking & proding Russia back into becoming imperialists again (which we never stopped being for longer than you or I have been alive). Wake up man! You're just parroting the BS the spin doctors have been brainwashing US all with.

I am an American before I am a Russian, so maybe you can understand why I am apt to side with my country instinctively.
I know the US does terrible stuff, but I know Russia does terrible stuff too and I know they are more desperate now as we have been choking them to death with sanctions. Knowing several Russians, I also know, it is culturally correct to hold grudges and enact slow retribution. The leadership there is comprised of Ex KGB which indoctrinated it's members with an oath and a mission which probably still exists in the hearts of many.

I am not parroting anything, I am looking at the larger picture and trying to make sense of it, my entire OP was my own original thought and I didn't posts blocks of text having some other person make an argument for me.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

OK

Well I hope you are right.

But if keep this in mind, if even one video is released, you will know know that you have been hosed and it behooves you to
change your views immediately, not harden your current ones, as an American.

P.S this wasn't going to be possible with the Clinton machine. It would of been the same chaos. The same saber rattling.

With Trump now, that same BS that's been going on for years has a chance to stop.

Again, our 2 countries have a lot of good in common. We are dealing with entities that are looking to over throw both of us.

We are the pioneers in space exploration. We are the power. And need to focus together and work together.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I have the same feeling. I can't put my finger on it exactly and I don't know who is pulling the strings either but some funky sh*t is happening and both Putin and Trump are players in it.

I don't think either of them are actually the ones pulling the strings. Even Putin I don't think is running whatever it is that's going on because I don't think he has that much reach or influence to do this.

But something very well planned seems to be happening. Something that has it's hooks in key places all over the place and is bigger than just one nation against another.

But I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Let's rewind back to 2001.....

THIS is where all the tension starts......

Russia got tangled up in it because Syria is an ally and they have a naval base there. Once Russia entered on the (morally correct) wrong side of the war to assist Assad, tensions ratcheted up very quickly.

Putin tried to tell us in 2015 that we are madmen for interfering in the ME

It's so funny you posted this because I watched both of these just days ago...

I guess we will see. I think there is triangulation going on from both sides.

Putin did not become one of the top five richest men on the Earth on his $100,000 governmental salary. The win in Syria will add to that, and the pipeline to China is a game changer. IMO if even one video is leaked of Golden Trump, it will indicate that Russia is playing us mightily, to me that will validate everything...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

P.S this wasn't going to be possible with the Clinton machine. It would of been the same chaos. The same saber rattling.

With Trump now, that same BS that's been going on for years has a chance to stop.

Again, our 2 countries have a lot of good in common. We are dealing with entities that are looking to over throw both of us.

We are the pioneers in space exploration. We are the power. And need to focus together and work together.

Well, like I said, I hope so because our country could rip apart at any moment and we would be pointing fingers at each other. That seems to be the way this has been engineered, like we have been trained like monkeys for the coming performance.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
May I ask a simple question?Is there even a photograph of Trump and Putin together?Just once my point is that this so called conspiracy is a load of #.As are the seditionists promoting this line of bs with never a shred of proof l?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I have the same feeling. I can't put my finger on it exactly and I don't know who is pulling the strings either but some funky sh*t is happening and both Putin and Trump are players in it.

I don't think either of them are actually the ones pulling the strings. Even Putin I don't think is running whatever it is that's going on because I don't think he has that much reach or influence to do this.

But something very well planned seems to be happening. Something that has it's hooks in key places all over the place and is bigger than just one nation against another.

But I hope I'm wrong.

It has sure got hooks doesn't it.

The country is so divided and hateful, they would probably chop the other half up for pleasure, and now virtually all facts, sources and institutions are in question by one faction or another.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

But I hope I'm wrong.

I think both Trump and Putin know what's going on. And they are very smart. And egocentric to say F that.

If we are thinking a shift is happening, it won't be WW3 against Russia. Just like we weren't against each in world wars. And they are trying to put a stop to the s***. Like right now.

I just hope like you said "whoever" is trying to "pull the strings", isn't successful enough to put Trump in a position where it creates an ultimatum on Trump against Putin and chest puffing happens.

Kinda like 2 brothers or best friends, in those fights both lose. And there's some a**holes across the street who hate both and is chewing on popcorn and thinking to dog their girlfriends and sisters in the process. We can't afford that right now.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Imhere because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

Putin did not become one of the top five richest men on the Earth on his $100,000 governmental salary.

The same could be said of Trump - something they both have in common.

IMO if even one video is leaked of Golden Trump, it will indicate that Russia is playing us mightily, to me that will validate everything...

That will only happen if

A) The video actually exists

and

B) If Trump falls out with Putin

PS Not that I agree with you or anything, but the ole 'honeytrap' is classic KGB modus operandi.

I see the current developments not so much as trying to destroy the USA, but more as trying to coerce it into a new frame of mind on the global scene. - One that power shares with Russia.

Remember, before all this tension crap started, Putin was dreaming of a London to USA highway, via Russia of course

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
May I ask a simple question?Is there even a photograph of Trump and Putin together?Just once my point is that this so called conspiracy is a load of #.As are the seditionists promoting this line of bs with never a shred of proof l?

Good point. I can't find any...

But then in searching, it seems very relevant that so many of Trump's closest people
do have so many photos with Putin. I did a search with Obama people and Bush people and there was not a correlation
like this, so your comment cuts both ways actually.

Tillerson and Putin

goo.gl...

Paul Manifort and Putin

goo.gl...

Michael Flynn and Putin

www.nytimes.com...

Putin's girl and Ivanka

goo.gl...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join