It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please inform me why Trump being friends with Putin would be a bad thing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Which moves are those?

Perhaps the annexation of Crimea could be viewed as aggressive by the those that pursue regime change. I don't see it that way. Russia responded to events in Ukraine which were orchestrated and fomented by the USA and their cohorts in the West. Hey, I'd much rather be annexed by Russia than be brought democracy by the US lol...

Russia's defence of Syria too might be viewed as aggressive by those crony capitalists invading a sovereign country and pursuing regime change by proxy. It wasn't so long ago that we were calling for an all out invasion. Russia can and should defend it's allies. That pipeline was never in the pipeline for the US without overthrowing Assad, it was always a pipe dream.

All this talk too of Russia influencing the American election and winning the propaganda war. The funny thing is, all that Russia has to do is expose the lies and corruption that is the American regime. They don't need to make stuff up or put a spin on it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
If anyone is a threat it's China not Russia. China is attempting to defeat us economically and replace us as the economic world powerhouse.

It's actually in the best interest of both Russia and the US for us to ally. I certainly prefer Russia as a friend over say, Saudi Arabia.

If the US and Russia became full blown allies and friends rather than enemies we'd be unstoppable.

Now whether that's good for the rest of the world is an entirely different question.

If Russia and China were to fully team up it could mean hell on earth if we decide to go all in against them, but if the US becomes total allies with either of the other two instead, it's game over for the third.

Well that might happen, although Russia and China have been getting very close, so close that they have offered to lease part of it's territory so China can farm there.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
a reply to: reldra

Well if you think Russia and China are fully teamed up, again you're blind

China haven't followed Russia into Syria, or supported Iran, or done anything of the sort to show they're closely allied in a military stance

Russia isn't stupid either they know full well China didn't support them in Ukraine or Crimea and have been stealing engine tech

It's quite obvious China is only for itself and stealing military tech from everyone

That selfish agenda and being on Russias boarders is no doubt worrying for them

You failed history and social studies, didn't you? Well, You will have a chance this high shcool semester.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Tempter

We're already "friends" with some of the worst middle eastern countries and factions in existence. Russia would be a step up on the friend ladder.

We are allies with some middle eastern countries because we have treaties and agreements with them. Russia would not be a 'step up' if you are saying human rights and democratic values must match who we are allies with.

We are allies with countries who will protect our interests in their region. That is the purpose.

Hold on. So NOW, within a foreign policy view, you want to get tough? In foreign policy-land it's all business and practical terms, but at home it's about feelings?

When have you quizzed me about foreign and domestic policy and what were my answers? And , BTW, who are you?

NO one special, I'll tell you that.

But one thing I understand is there are times when I'm sure you've referred to the government as an extension of the people. Because that is what it is, us, represented.

I like the idea of making friends with the Russian people, and it's important for our governments to get along in order for us to do so.

I think anyone special could figure that out.

Eventually, yes. I would love that. But it is more complicated than wanting it to happen. Russia has been making some aggressive moves. Putin wants to expand Russia back towards Soviet Union days. Their military intentionally messes with ours. It is the leader, not the people that cause diplomatic problems.

Trump should not be so warm towards them. They are not an ally and they do provoke us.

Maybe in the future, sure.

I may think the government is an extension of the people, I like that description. But I have never said that. You confuse me with someone else.

It IS that simple. You claim yourself is "the leader, not the people". Well so WHAT. It's just one guy. Do we hate on an entire country because their leader doesn't play nice with the CURRENT regime? Remember, Putin did none of this "reclamation" until Obama LET him do it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: nOraKat

Which moves are those?

Perhaps the annexation of Crimea could be viewed as aggressive by the those that pursue regime change. I don't see it that way. Russia responded to events in Ukraine which were orchestrated and fomented by the USA and their cohorts in the West. Hey, I'd much rather be annexed by Russia than be brought democracy by the US lol...

Russia's defence of Syria too might be viewed as aggressive by those crony capitalists invading a sovereign country and pursuing regime change by proxy. It wasn't so long ago that we were calling for an all out invasion. Russia can and should defend it's allies. That pipeline was never in the pipeline for the US without overthrowing Assad, it was always a pipe dream.

All this talk too of Russia influencing the American election and winning the propaganda war. The funny thing is, all that Russia has to do is expose the lies and corruption that is the American regime. They don't need to make stuff up or put a spin on it.

LOL, they took a country and got away with it. Just walked in and took it. You don't find that aggressive?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Exactly that 100%

This other dude is miles away, it's like he doesn't even know any WWII or Cold War history... just current events

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

We're already "friends" with some of the worst middle eastern countries and factions in existence. Russia would be a step up on the friend ladder.

We are allies with some middle eastern countries because we have treaties and agreements with them. Russia would not be a 'step up' if you are saying human rights and democratic values must match who we are allies with.

We are allies with countries who will protect our interests in their region. That is the purpose.

Hold on. So NOW, within a foreign policy view, you want to get tough? In foreign policy-land it's all business and practical terms, but at home it's about feelings?

When have you quizzed me about foreign and domestic policy and what were my answers? And , BTW, who are you?

NO one special, I'll tell you that.

But one thing I understand is there are times when I'm sure you've referred to the government as an extension of the people. Because that is what it is, us, represented.

I like the idea of making friends with the Russian people, and it's important for our governments to get along in order for us to do so.

I think anyone special could figure that out.

Eventually, yes. I would love that. But it is more complicated than wanting it to happen. Russia has been making some aggressive moves. Putin wants to expand Russia back towards Soviet Union days. Their military intentionally messes with ours. It is the leader, not the people that cause diplomatic problems.

Trump should not be so warm towards them. They are not an ally and they do provoke us.

Maybe in the future, sure.

I may think the government is an extension of the people, I like that description. But I have never said that. You confuse me with someone else.

It IS that simple. You claim yourself is "the leader, not the people". Well so WHAT. It's just one guy. Do we hate on an entire country because their leader doesn't play nice with the CURRENT regime? Remember, Putin did none of this "reclamation" until Obama LET him do it.

No, we don't 'hate on' the people. We, diplomatically speaking, in terms you can understand, 'hate on' the leader.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: reldra

Better us team up with Russia if willing to join us over China than ignore China trying replace us with themselves. All Russia's moves are to make themselves stronger as a nation in the region they live. All China's actions are to weaken and replace us with themselves. China is actively our enemy. Russia is our enemy because we keep getting in the way of them building up their nation (Granted sometimes at the expense of others, but hey look at what we've done to the middle east and rest of the world by the creation of the petrol dollar which refuse to let anyone escape from) by trying to keep them slaves to the petrol dollar.

Russia is broke. We aren't allies and we give them food aide. Not the best choice to team up with.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Exactly that 100%

This other dude is miles away, it's like he doesn't even know any WWII or Cold War history... just current events

What dude?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Lol

Is this Reldra guy a Troll here on ATS?

He sure is disruptive when the majority seem to always disagree with him

He has the same attitude as CNN when things don't go there way

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Exactly that 100%

What dude?

Don't what me kid

Do you see your name quoted in there anywhere

Speak when spoken to OK

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Lol

Or you a troll? I am obviously not a guy. Your attempt at humor is a fail.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Lol

It seems that ATS has an unhealthy right leaning these past couple years so people like Reldra who are going against the narrative of the right-wing would look like a troll.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Exactly that 100%

What dude?

Don't what me kid

Speak when spoken to OK

Umm, no. And don't call me kid. You are the one that types like you are about 15.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Lol

It seems that ATS has an unhealthy right leaning these past couple years so people like Reldra who are going against the narrative of the right-wing would look like a troll.

Ty, Pyle. A voice of reason. It was getting weird. lol

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Exactly that 100%

What dude?

Don't what me kid

Speak when spoken to OK

Umm, no. And don't call me kid. You are the one that types like you are about 15.

You make assumptions based on typos due to being a child

If you must know I'm at work and rushing ok child

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Exactly that 100%

What dude?

Don't what me kid

Speak when spoken to OK

You make assumptions based on typos due to being a child

If you must know I'm at work and rushing ok child

It wasn't tyops. I don't pay attention to those. It was your entire sentence structure in the text wall post. Your continuous calling me a kid or child is not helping your cause.
edit on 14-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Leaning?
Nah. The tower of Pisa is leaning.
This is a case of falling over.

edit on 1/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Lol

Well maybe if things were not so bad, not just at home, but on a global a scale due to these people and countries

There wouldn't be a need to think differently, and course of action. Would there ?

That's common sense

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Pyle

Leaning?
Nah. The tower of Pisa is leaning.
This is a case of falling over.

Couldn't agree more

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>