It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please inform me why Trump being friends with Putin would be a bad thing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: deadlyhope

He also said he wouldn’t commit to America’s longstanding agreement with China over Taiwan until he sees what he considers progress from Beijing in its currency and trade practices.

n-us/news/politics/trump-sets-a-bar-for-russia-and-china/ar-AAlRexf?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Recognizing Taiwan is a good thing. One of the only good things he did, was calling the President of Taiwan. But offering a change to that in return for better economic deals with China would undo that.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Tempter

We're already "friends" with some of the worst middle eastern countries and factions in existence. Russia would be a step up on the friend ladder.

We are allies with some middle eastern countries because we have treaties and agreements with them. Russia would not be a 'step up' if you are saying human rights and democratic values must match who we are allies with.

We are allies with countries who will protect our interests in their region. That is the purpose.

Hold on. So NOW, within a foreign policy view, you want to get tough? In foreign policy-land it's all business and practical terms, but at home it's about feelings?

When have you quizzed me about foreign and domestic policy and what were my answers? And , BTW, who are you?

NO one special, I'll tell you that.

But one thing I understand is there are times when I'm sure you've referred to the government as an extension of the people. Because that is what it is, us, represented.

I like the idea of making friends with the Russian people, and it's important for our governments to get along in order for us to do so.

I think anyone special could figure that out.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

He also said he wouldn’t commit to America’s longstanding agreement with China over Taiwan until he sees what he considers progress from Beijing in its currency and trade practices.

n-us/news/politics/trump-sets-a-bar-for-russia-and-china/ar-AAlRexf?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Recognizing Taiwan is a good thing. One of the only good things he did, was calling the President of Taiwan. But offering a change to that in return for better economic deals with China would undo that.

According to this article, Trump didn't call the Taiwanese President. SHE called HIM.... and he accepted.
www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.42343e44fca3

But since this is a "Putin" thread, I'll not disrespect the O.P. by commenting further on non-Russian issues.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

We're already "friends" with some of the worst middle eastern countries and factions in existence. Russia would be a step up on the friend ladder.

We are allies with some middle eastern countries because we have treaties and agreements with them. Russia would not be a 'step up' if you are saying human rights and democratic values must match who we are allies with.

We are allies with countries who will protect our interests in their region. That is the purpose.

Hold on. So NOW, within a foreign policy view, you want to get tough? In foreign policy-land it's all business and practical terms, but at home it's about feelings?

When have you quizzed me about foreign and domestic policy and what were my answers? And , BTW, who are you?

NO one special, I'll tell you that.

But one thing I understand is there are times when I'm sure you've referred to the government as an extension of the people. Because that is what it is, us, represented.

I like the idea of making friends with the Russian people, and it's important for our governments to get along in order for us to do so.

I think anyone special could figure that out.

Eventually, yes. I would love that. But it is more complicated than wanting it to happen. Russia has been making some aggressive moves. Putin wants to expand Russia back towards Soviet Union days. Their military intentionally messes with ours. It is the leader, not the people that cause diplomatic problems.

Trump should not be so warm towards them. They are not an ally and they do provoke us.

Maybe in the future, sure.

I may think the government is an extension of the people, I like that description. But I have never said that. You confuse me with someone else.
edit on 14-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

According to this article, Trump didn't call the Taiwanese President. SHE called HIM.... and he accepted.
www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.42343e44fca3

But since this is a "Putin" thread, I'll not disrespect the O.P. by commenting further on non-Russian issues.

Or she called him. Fine. But either way it was a tacit or lukewarm acceptance that Taiwan is recognized. I would hate Trump to ruin that, in return for economic goals.

I didn't bring up Taiwan. I think you did.

(post by Snarl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: GreyScale

That's another thing.

We think Capitalism is so Star-Spangled awesome while other countries ( Who, by the way, have capitalism. ) have a much better system that works better for the people.

Less Crime, Less Pollution, Universal Healthcare.

Russians don't seem to hate their country because of communism, just Americans and other people that think their version of freedom is the only one seem to hate such things.

Please point out to me a country with universal health care that has less pollution and has less crime that has a population of 300,000,000 or more.

I do like the Newsroom nod in your post. I suppose you didn't listen to the last 30 seconds of it though.

You didn't only miss the point, you missed the topic.
edit on 0Sat, 14 Jan 2017 00:36:23 -0600America/Chicago17th2017-01-14T00:36:23-06:00amSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's only a bad thing for the neo-cons and arms dealers. This is why they wanted Clinton in the WH, she is a rhino at her core proven by her actions as SoS.

Count your lucky stars, because we would probably be heading into a huge conflict if she won the election.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If anyone is a threat it's China not Russia. China is attempting to defeat us economically and replace us as the economic world powerhouse.

It's actually in the best interest of both Russia and the US for us to ally. I certainly prefer Russia as a friend over say, Saudi Arabia.

If the US and Russia became full blown allies and friends rather than enemies we'd be unstoppable.

Now whether that's good for the rest of the world is an entirely different question.

If Russia and China were to fully team up it could mean hell on earth if we decide to go all in against them, but if the US becomes total allies with either of the other two instead, it's game over for the third.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Because it seems the super Deep State needs wars to exist.

You ever look at a pie chart of how our gov't spends our money?

Well defense is the biggest piece of the pie..

A lot of it probably go into their pockets.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Russia has been making some aggressive moves.

Which moves are those?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to: konduit

You can't imagine the conflicts Trump is ALREADY, without being in office, if slamming us into. He is a bull in a china shop. But you don't see it.
edit on 14-1-2017 by reldra because: quotes not working

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Russia has been making some aggressive moves.

Which moves are those?

Watch the news about military scrapes. I won't do that work for you.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

PRO AMERICAN does not equal pro putin...

Shake the cobwebs loose.. and see WHAT is HAPPENING....

It may be our last chance...

We can go back to debating CON-LIB issues later...

We won't be able to if the GLOBALISTS win.... just sayin

I never said pro american = pro Putin, Ever.

I have no cobwebs. I see WHAT is HAPPPENING, man.

I wasn't taking a LIB stance, man.

I was taking a logical stance.

There is no reason, atm, to be allies with Russia. If you want to be a globalist, we should be friends with everyone, right now.

As for Russia, I believe they have made aggressive moves towards the past election and the current president-elect. I find that wrong. Yes, that is ME finding Russian intelligence against Trump to be wrong.

Dude you're so far off I'm not sure where to start

You're fairly new or just have wires crossed somewhere

The globalists have been trying to dismantle Russia for decades, Russia absolutely will not conform to a NWO which has US at the forefront

Russia once seemed to control the world post WWII and since losing its empire (soviet) still holds a grudge, they absolutely do not believe in it or worry about a complete take over from them

So of course Russia isn't pleasant towards the US but that doesn't mean YOU or is it mean the agenda and towards those globalists who have taken control of the entire western world AND many other parts of the world clearly IN with the gang

Trump is the opposite he is a traditionalist like Farage and Le Pen

They want a return to the ways of the old before the madness and dangers

Yes there is good reason to mend ties with Russia and Putin

Because we can expose them and everything they have done or are doing and present it to the people of the world and to the countries where they have there fingers around there throats

As already witnessed Somebody is hacking the hell out off a specific global elite and nailing every single one of them Who seeks to take a position to further there agenda

Namely one Mrs Hillary Clinton
edit on 14-1-2017 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
If anyone is a threat it's China not Russia. China is attempting to defeat us economically and replace us as the economic world powerhouse.

It's actually in the best interest of both Russia and the US for us to ally. I certainly prefer Russia as a friend over say, Saudi Arabia.

If the US and Russia became full blown allies and friends rather than enemies we'd be unstoppable.

Now whether that's good for the rest of the world is an entirely different question.

If Russia and China were to fully team up it could mean hell on earth if we decide to go all in against them, but if the US becomes total allies with either of the other two instead, it's game over for the third.

Russia and China are fully teamed up. You want to join with Russisa that is almost broke and go against China? Good luck.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

The funniest thing about that defence budget is how much of it is spent on anything but defence.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

There is no reason, atm, to be allies with Russia. If you want to be a globalist, we should be friends with everyone, right now.

As for Russia, I believe they have made aggressive moves towards the past election and the current president-elect. I find that wrong. Yes, that is ME finding Russian intelligence against Trump to be wrong.

Dude you're so far off I'm not sure where to start

You're fairly new or just have wires crossed somewhere

The globalists have been trying to dismantle Russia for decades, Russia absolutely will not conform to a NWO which has US at the forefront

Russia once seemed to control the world post WWII and since losing its empire (soviet) still holds a grudge, they absolutely do not believe in it or worry about a complete take over from them

So of course Russia isn't pleasant towards the US but that doesn't mean YOU or is it mean the agenda and towards those globalists who have taken control of the entire western world AND many other parts of the world clearly IN with the gang

Trump is the opposite he is a traditionalist like Farage and Le Pen

That made no sense at all.

I am not new or have wires crossed. Your sentence structure reminds me of Sarah Palin.

I will have to forward that whole text wall around for the laughs.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Well if you think Russia and China are fully teamed up, again you're blind

China haven't followed Russia into Syria, or supported Iran, or done anything of the sort to show they're closely allied in a military stance

Russia isn't stupid either they know full well China didn't support them in Ukraine or Crimea and have been stealing engine tech

It's quite obvious China is only for itself and stealing military tech from everyone

That selfish agenda and being on Russias boarders is no doubt worrying for them

edit on 14-1-2017 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Better us team up with Russia if willing to join us over China than ignore China trying replace us with themselves. All Russia's moves are to make themselves stronger as a nation in the region they live. All China's actions are to weaken and replace us with themselves. China is actively our enemy. Russia is our enemy because we keep getting in the way of them building up their nation (Granted sometimes at the expense of others, but hey look at what we've done to the middle east and rest of the world by the creation of the petrol dollar which refuse to let anyone escape from) by trying to keep them slaves to the petrol dollar.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join