It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please inform me why Trump being friends with Putin would be a bad thing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
I see it all over the web, " TRUMP HAS TIES WITH PUTIN, AMERICA WILL BURN "

Seriously?

Why is it a bad thing to be friends with a leader of another powerful country, not to mention a country with a huge amount of nukes?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't think Russia is as precarious, corrupt, and fickle as the MSM paints them, and I'm really not all that worried of an attack from them..at least not one that wasn't extremely provoked ( Looking at you, Killary ), but on the other hand.. Why would it be bad to have this powerful country as a friend, rather than as an enemy, like some people think they should be?

The MSM lies about Russia, it's a fact as far as I can perceive, and have studied.
Russia is not a terrible place like North Korea, as far as I can see.
Putin is a straightforward, assertive/aggressive, confident leader. He seems much less corrupt in my eyes than most men in Washington...

Can anyone correct me with anything other than opinion? Show me a video, or some undeniable proof that Putin makes worse choices than our President/Congress..

Show me how he essentially created ISIS, over-throws countries leaders who don't need over-throwing, destabilizes entire regions just to continue war, high taxation, possibly for profits.....

Did he do such things?

Why do Americans hate this man so much?

'Friends' is such a general term. Probably the type Trump is used to.

Russia is NOT our ally, I will start with that.

The MSM doesn't lie about Russia, in fact, they probably under report.

Much less corrupt than Washington in your eyes? Get some glasses. He is imprisoning people for things you accept as normal life.

Aggressive and straight forward and assertive. Sounds good to you if it is Russia, oddly it is provocative if it is the US.

Not so bad as North Korea, but built on the same guidelines.

He did annex a country, illegally.

Why do Americans hate Putin? Because he is an ass. He puts rock bands behind bars for 'dissident talk'.

We love the Russian people and culture, it is the government that is bad.

You are incredibly naive.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
We're already "friends" with some of the worst middle eastern countries and factions in existence. Russia would be a step up on the friend ladder.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

The problem is, that Putin is ambitious, and Donald Trump is weak. Putin is trying to bring back a Neo-Soviet Economic Union, and is making some very real progress. Its called the Eurasian Economic Union. Donald Trump owes money to Russian banks on account of the fact that no American bank will loan him money. Trump is egotistical, arrogant, obsessive, and power hungry. Putin has self control, like Hannibal Lector.

So what do you think? Trump isn't Putin's friend, Trump is Putin's puta.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
We're already "friends" with some of the worst middle eastern countries and factions in existence. Russia would be a step up on the friend ladder.

We are allies with some middle eastern countries because we have treaties and agreements with them. Russia would not be a 'step up' if you are saying human rights and democratic values must match who we are allies with.

We are allies with countries who will protect our interests in their region. That is the purpose.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The problem is, that Putin is ambitious, and Donald Trump is weak. Putin is trying to bring back a Neo-Soviet Economic Union, and is making some very real progress. Its called the Eurasian Economic Union. Donald Trump owes money to Russian banks on account of the fact that no American bank will loan him money. Trump is egotistical, arrogant, obsessive, and power hungry. Putin has self control, like Hannibal Lector.

So what do you think? Trump isn't Putin's friend, Trump is Putin's puta.

That is a lot of it as well. Correct. The OP is, again, naive.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's a beautiful sight to see....

The comfortable folks who have been taking from the folks, are now scrambling to save their plans...

It's about time the folks "flipped the script"....

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
It's a beautiful sight to see....

The comfortable folks who have been taking from the folks, are now scrambling to save their plans...

It's about time the folks "flipped the script"....

That was vague...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It's a beautiful sight to see...

It's always beautiful after a storm has passed.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

It's a beautiful sight to see...

It's always beautiful after a storm has passed.

You 2 must be in your own conversation.

Otherwise this is just 9 pro-Putin flags.

Thanks, get us on THE LIST again.

edit on 13-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I think it would Putin's best interest to ally himself with the US because China has been eyeing Siberia for some time. There was a post like a while back that discusses how China have plans to backstab Russia and seize control of the Siberian regions and that information coming from the CPC itself via it's propaganda mouth piece.

Absolutely agree

There is also something much worst that the Chinese threat and that is the Islamic threat

Some southern parts of Russia have already been conquered by Islam

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Wut? Why are you talking to me?

Thanks. I forgot to add the 10th.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I think it would Putin's best interest to ally himself with the US because China has been eyeing Siberia for some time. There was a post like a while back that discusses how China have plans to backstab Russia and seize control of the Siberian regions and that information coming from the CPC itself via it's propaganda mouth piece.

Absolutely agree

There is also something much worst that the Chinese threat and that is the Islamic threat

Some southern parts of Russia have already been conquered by Islam

No. Just no. Russia is a SOLID ally to China and vice versa. However the thread was about why the US should be 'friends' , not a technical term, with Russia.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

PRO AMERICAN does not equal pro putin...

Shake the cobwebs loose.. and see WHAT is HAPPENING....

It may be our last chance...

We can go back to debating CON-LIB issues later...

We won't be able to if the GLOBALISTS win.... just sayin

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Wut? Why are you talking to me?

Thanks. I forgot to add the 10th.

I quoted you. Of course I was talking to you.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It's only a "Bad Thing" for Trump to be friends with Putin in the eyes of those who do not trust Russia, no matter what Putin says or does to be "friendly".

For instance, when tonight's news.. that President Trump is considering lifting all U.S. sanctions against Russia, reaches the ears/eyes of the War Mongers, and the Paranoid people, they will blow a mental gasket! (And most likely start an ATS thread calling Donald Trump a traitor to America...or something like that.)

President-elect Donald Trump said this evening that..

""NEW YORK—President-elect Donald Trump suggested he would be open to lifting sanctions on Russia and wasn’t committed to a long-standing agreement with China over Taiwan, two signs that he would use what leverage was available to realigning the U.S.’s relationship with its two biggest global strategic rivals.

In an hourlong interview, Mr. Trump said he would keep intact sanctions against Russia imposed by the Obama administration “at least for a period of time.” He also said he wouldn’t commit to America’s longstanding agreement with China over Taiwan until he sees what he considers progress from Beijing in its currency and trade practices.

“If you get along and if Russia is really helping us, why would anybody have sanctions if somebody’s doing some really great things?”"

Source: www.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

PRO AMERICAN does not equal pro putin...

Shake the cobwebs loose.. and see WHAT is HAPPENING....

It may be our last chance...

We can go back to debating CON-LIB issues later...

We won't be able to if the GLOBALISTS win.... just sayin

I never said pro american = pro Putin, Ever.

I have no cobwebs. I see WHAT is HAPPPENING, man.

I wasn't taking a LIB stance, man.

I was taking a logical stance.

There is no reason, atm, to be allies with Russia. If you want to be a globalist, we should be friends with everyone, right now.

As for Russia, I believe they have made aggressive moves towards the past election and the current president-elect. I find that wrong. Yes, that is ME finding Russian intelligence against Trump to be wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

We are allies with some middle eastern countries because we have treaties and agreements with them. Russia would not be a 'step up' if you are saying human rights and democratic values must match who we are allies with.

We are allies with countries who will protect our interests in their region. That is the purpose.

Hold on. So NOW, within a foreign policy view, you want to get tough? In foreign policy-land it's all business and practical terms, but at home it's about feelings?

link   
a reply to: carewemust

President-*Elect Trump.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

From what I can see two strategic goals lie before Putin.

1. He's got to connect Crimea to Russia physically before Crimea's infrastructure starts to weaken. Gonna be hard to do without a land bridge.
2. He's got to get that pipeline run through Syria and into Europe. Nobody's going to let him get it across the Ukraine without him having to pay a major (yet undefined) toll.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hold on. So NOW, within a foreign policy view, you want to get tough? In foreign policy-land it's all business and practical terms, but at home it's about feelings?

When have you quizzed me about foreign and domestic policy and what were my answers? And , BTW, who are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join