It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump will 'will go directly to the American people, right over the top of the mainstream media'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Tardacus
why shouldn`t he talk directly to the people, he works for the people, we the people don`t need an intermediary to tell us what the president said,complete with their own spin on it.

Absolutely NAILED it with this post.

*applause*

Of course DT wants to circumvent the media and go directly to 'the people'. That way he can say whatever he wants and not have to worry about anyone fact-checking. The reason DT has excoriated the media and essentially dismissed them is because they keep calling him on his false or misleading statements. That's inconvenient. The dyed-in-the-wool Trump supporters simply cannot even entertain the possibility that DT isn't 100% truthful and accurate. He could go on national TV and declare his allegiance to ISIS while defiling a 6yo boy and those people would have a way of rationalizing it and probably blaming it on HRC. So yea, he knows he can tell 'the people' anything and they'll buy it. No one questions or bothers to check anything. And the media (like in Nazi Germany) has been broadly painted as evil lying purveyors of false-news if they do anything BUT support his words and actions --- God forbid they question him or ask for details or corroboration of his statements.

Hey world, here's a whole huge pile of folders 'proving' that I've divested myself from my businesses but no, you can't look at them. You'll just have to trust me.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Ohanka

He should set up a YouTube channel and do Q&As and stuff.

Actually, he has already done that:

www.youtube.com...

As an American citizen, he has that right under the First Amendment.

Far more productive than wasting his time with the vulture press.

Trump lacks the patience to actually produce a coherent video; that's why he tweets. Even if he did produce his own "informational" videos, the "vulture press" would have the right to fact check them.

Trump's short video announcements were pretty good during the election and since. His 'first 100' days address was clear and direct.
Making up things like 'Trump does not have the patience to actually produce a coherent video' makes you sound as if you are denying what has actually been provided already simply because you don't like Trump.

As for the fact checking media, fewer and fewer people care about left wing fact checkers. They have been shown to determine accuracy based on political ideology and are therefore worthless. The idea that a FAKE NEWS outlet like CNN, for example, would have any credibility in fact checking is rather crazy,

If CNN are fake then so are you

Your not British,not truthful and not suitable for your name here!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Google is your friend.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Right, the kid that worked for Epstein, that arranged Donald's trysts! Can you prove that he's not lying?

edit on 14-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

This is a fact based discussion. Don't bring the facts, don't be in the discussion.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is a fact based discussion.

LOL! No it's not! None of your threads are!

However, I'm always willing to oblige with fact when challenged, although this is well know history on ATS:

Senior Tory cabinet ministers were supplied with underage boys for sex parties, it is sensationally claimed

Former Conservative activist Anthony Gilberthorpe said he told Margaret Thatcher 25 years ago about what he had witnessed and gave her names of those involved.

His allegations that he saw top Tories having sex with boys comes after David Cameron launched a Government inquiry into claims of a cover-up.

Anthony, 52, said: “I am prepared to speak to the inquiry. I believe I am a key witness.”
Trawling seedy streets during a Tory conference, Gilberthorpe says he was asked to find underage rent boys for a private sex party at a top hotel.

Donald Trump Finds Worst Possible Character Witness To Dispute Assault Allegations

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I cut the cord long ago and gave up print. I can't see why we need someone to say, Well today the President said blue, what he really meant was green ham and that caused green egg producers to be upset and call for shutting down farms that produce green pigs. We wonder if there was unfair support by the President's administration for green ham lobby.

Really, I want to hear blue without spin. I don't want green eggs and ham.

The 4th estate is dying, bury it already.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

He said she said, that sure settles it.

And saying none of the threads that I put up are not fact based is like a teenager crossing their arms and saying they never get to have any fun.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: seeker1963

Communication directly with the unwashed, that is the media's bread and butter.

I have heard some people say JFK like persona and communication skills, I am starting to see some of their points.

I find it odd that those who oppose our new president our outraged of his tweets!

What are they afraid of?

I welcome this kind of being upfront and personal from a president versus those who hire henchmen/women to make excuses for them! Trump has chosen his path to communicate with the people! It's a double edged sword, but I applaud him for his courage!

They're upset because they lose the ability to manipulate and edit things to spin them to their liking. And in doing so, will lose their power, and revenue.

And I absolutely love it!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are nothing but crickets regarding this solid proof that Obama posted a phony, fabricated, forgery of a birth certificate on the White House website. I suggest you view this with an open mind. It is new evidence and the proof is incontrovertible.

The source document for the Obama forgery is identified.

Two Independent labs confirm the forgery.

No one is reporting this. Not even Fox News. Only Drudge reported on it when the press conference was held. I hope Sessions pursues this. If the Democrats want to play this "illegitimate election" game, the Republicans should push for Obama to explain why he posted a fabricated phony birth certificate. Maybe he is just playing with us but the birth certificate he has posted is a fabricated forgery. Proof shown in the link below.

www.wnd.com...

edit on 14-1-2017 by PhillyLBIZ because: (Typo's corrected)

edit on 14-1-2017 by PhillyLBIZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PhillyLBIZ

Oh you are one of those people who like facts.

The last the last 8 years it didn't matter. And the more you look at our leaders before Obama, it didn't matter then either.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Too bad they quit that job to instead become propaganda outlets.

I'm with you one hundred percent, or will be, when the media starts having some integrity again.

Until then, they need to be smacked around like little bitches til they shape back up again. The media has betrayed we the people, journalistic integrity, and the very purpose of their existence.

You're completely right about the media and their purpose. Sadly they've lost their way. I'm not going to enable their further decline by ignoring that decline. They are in desperate need of a reality check. Which they will not get if we defend their bull#. Is time to reign the media in, make them gain back some respectability. Once they do that, THEN I'll be right there with you. Until then I'm not gonna begrudge Trump going over them, it's not like they're actually doing the job anyway.
edit on 1/14/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Right, the kid that worked for Epstein, that arranged Donald's trysts! Can you prove that he's not lying?

Generally in the West you find that the person making the criminal accusation has to prove it.
There was no proof to what this woman was saying, and eye witnesses said it didn't happen the way she claimed.
She went away, or was discarded, from the media when her story was no longer useful in attacking Trump. The media used her and she grabbed her 15 minutes of fame.

Remarkably your position seems to be that the crime is real unless it can be proven it didn't happen. Very strange.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The eye witness isn't credible. The woman wasn't "accusing" Donald Trump of a crime, she was sharing her experience of his gropey, grabby little fingers, backing up Donald's own Hollywood Access boasts.

It was Donald threatening court action against the women. She violated no laws in sharing her experience.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The problem with this is people don't know what is true or not based on his twitter rants. This is why journalists are im- oh wait I forgot it's cool to hate journalism now

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PhillyLBIZ

And your source is wnd. Wow.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkchao45

Problem is it's become he same for journalists. We're in a catch 22. Difference is it's specifically the journalists job to provide us the objective truth. By lying to us over and over we now can no longer trust them to do their jobs. They need to earn back their integrity and out trust. At which point we absolutely must back them. However as long as they continue pushing fake news and propaganda over the truth, we absolutely should not defend them or help them in any way.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I applaud Trump's use of direct,candid twitter remarks.Its been obvious the MSM is nothing but Democrat mouthpiece/propaganda that would twist,spin anything the man has said.Fk msm.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I applaud Trump's use of direct,candid twitter remarks.Its been obvious the MSM is nothing but Democrat mouthpiece/propaganda that would twist,spin anything the man has said.Fk msm.

Darned straight! If we're gonna be lied to, we want the lies straight from the horse's mouth!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
FINALLY! A President who knows for whom he works! GO TRUMP!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join