It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm new here, a refugee from GLP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I made this account a couple of years ago but never really utilized it. I am always looking for forms of unfiltered information and news. I have been a highly active user at GLP but cannot take it anymore. They bleed the community dry in attempt to make money. There's too many topics that are considered taboo and they issue bans for no reason. My frustration became prevalent and now I am here, inside a new community seeking camaraderie and truth. I'm hoping this is a place that I can call home.
edit on 13-1-2017 by soberlife because: Typo

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberlife
I made this account a couple of years ago but never really utilized it. I am always looking for forms of unfiltered information and news. I have been a highly active user at GLP but cannot take it anymore. They bleed the community dry in attempt to make money. There's too many topics that are considered taboo and they issue bans for no reason. My frustration became prevalent and now I am here, inside a new community seeking camaraderie and truth. I'm hoping this is a place that I can call home.

Welcome to ATS
There are a few taboo subjects here also, not many, but a couple. I think a bit of common sense is best used overall to keep you out of trouble.

As far as bans...well, there are some rules here of course, basically discuss stuff, not the people here, and you should be okay. count to 10 before hitting post also helps if in a heated debate to make sure you dont go out of line.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soberlife

I dunno what GLP is but welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Not sure what GLP is, but welcome to ATS, aka, Another Taboo Subject.

This is my favorite place for free thinking... I hope you find it to be the same!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Lots of knuckleheads at GLP.. maybe even more than here

Same stuff happens here too with certain Pizza and other real (conspiracy) subjects. Posts will just disappear entirely without good reason. I had it happen to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Welcome soberlife! I think you will find this place more welcoming than GLP. Be sure to scan the freshman's forum and there are a couple banned subjects and sources, but I can count them on one hand I think.

Cheers!

Freshman's Forum

and

Ending Rudness, Hate, Bigotry

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Hope you like it here

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Welcome! I had to reply because your title gave me a chuckle. I hope you find conditions to be better at ATS.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Lots of knuckleheads at GLP.. maybe even more than here

Same stuff happens here too with certain Pizza and other real (conspiracy) subjects. Posts will just disappear entirely without good reason. I had it happen to me.

Pizza sans personal information about private citizens is allowed on RATS forum and wikileaks can't be linked to directly.
Sandy Hook as a hoax/false flag, as far as I know is verboten. Hitler being 'good' in any way shape or form is not allowed. Secureteam10 videos are not alllowed. Superstation95 goes in Hoax. GLP and BIN is not allowed. Mandela Effect is Skunkworks forum as well as flat earth, I believe.

Funny names for political figures are only allowed MudPit. Personal attacks may have more leeway in mudpit. However, in mudpit, I try to avoid both, anyway.

That is off the top of my head as far as rules. Use your good judgment.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Welcome, just treat crisis actors like real victims and everything will be okay.

We can even type "Tavistock".

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Hi. Good to have you hear. I used to love GLP, but the bans really got to me. Anyways, just don't say anything unpopular and you'll be fine. ATS is a haven for free speech as long as you use socially acceptable words, and it really encourages free thinkers as long as you stay in the box.

Welcome to the other side, where the grass is spray painted greener.

edit on 13-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS and I hope you will enjoy posting here.A word of caution...
my way of thinking is probably on the taboo list!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Been a lil while since I've seen a GLP refugee start a thread like this here. Welcome!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Welcome aboard.

The only place I've ever heard GLP mentioned is from this site. Wandered over there (during a period of heightened GLP turmoil) for an hour or so and didn't even bother making an account. I guess if you got used to the place or found friends ...

Anyway, I have to assume the atmosphere here is always different than it is over there.

Breathe deep.

edit on 1312017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks for the advice! I'll check it out.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Use those 3 letters lightly...or banned youll be. Thats one thing around here not tolerated well...so welcome here...forget about the other.

Oh...and research here what other sites and sources are either banned, frowned upon or can get you kicked to the curb.

There are quite a few hoax-fake sites, links, videos and news-sources considered the same...so read up! And welcome to the site that only matters: ATS!

Peace!...........MS

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

It's a Stanford / CIA operated shill front, of the not very appealing looking variety, that banned the likes of me every time I ever tried to post something there back in the day.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm new here, a refugee from GLP

But... Will You Assimilate into the culture
the term 'Refugee' has taken on the virtues of an Abscess in-my-opinion...As many Syrian 'Refugees' are fighting-age-Male-Jihadists who refuse to meld with and into the society & culture both in the USA and in Europe...

I think I understand your flight from the bizarre world over there...but i'm guilty of scanning as an silent observer some of the quirky or fringe threads over there for a few years now

have a nice time...

I put in the bigger headline quote of yours plus the green separation line so you can click the post to see the [tags] used
so you can spruce up your posts too
edit on th31148437033213052017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This has always been the best site and your made to feel very welcome here. I Left Trinitys cult after the NO Doom Thread? Its that famous thread that no one talks about..... The Sites so racist and bigoted it really is the worst example of American Psyche.

Seems to me like ATS is the Germany of alternative news saving all refugees

Welcome anyway and as for rules there are many (I still get a bit colorful in my use of the English language) but they are sensible and stop the hatred which is the opposite of Ghetto Monk and his gang of marauders

And I didn't even have to mention my hatred for GLP....

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join