It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle Racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ok Racism subtle or overt do not exist, past or present, never have never will.
It's all in the imagination ..SMH
I think it's safe to say you are very interested in the topic of "Race" relations, as I am battling jingoistic stereotypes and denials, If I am wrong that you and others have a Black vs White take on race vs a wider view then I apologize.
But here is what I recommend, History, not just Slavery or Jim Crow but the social history of the US, but don't stop there look at history of interactions going back to other continents and the social history of groups within their civilizations, yes it's a tall order, but it's something that I've done and is doing, you will find much that is ugly and much that is inspiring.

In this you will find for example Ibn Battuta's description of the ancestors of some of the most Maligned people in the U.S

"small amount of injustice amongst them," and "the prevalence of peace in their country, the traveller is not afraid in it nor is he who lives there in fear of the thief or of the robber by violence. They do not intefere with the property of the white man who dies in their country even though it may consist of great wealth, but rather they entrust it to the hand of someone dependable among the white men until it is taken by the rightful claimant."

Now contrast this with direct or partial descendants of the People Ibn Battuta wrote of centuries ago with areas like Chicago a lighting rod for folks who like to think black folks are naturally violent thieves lacking self control.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
A thread with a similar topic.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No they are not.

There is a culture a lot of blacks have adopted that predisposes anyone who adopts it to be that way though.

I know blacks aren't naturally that way. I have black neighbors who aren't. I competed all through college with black teammates who weren't. I work with blacks who aren't that way.

But do you know what those people I talked about above had in common? They had not adopted the worst aspects of American urban culture like all too many African-Americans today have.

And when I spent some time trying to teach in an urban inner city school, I saw whites, Hispanics and Asians who had adopted those bad aspects of that culture, but mostly urban blacks and Hispanics had it, not all of them, but most of them. The ones who resisted it were the ones most likely to become part of the first group I listed: neighbors, teammates, coworkers later on. They're the ones who will escape and they'll do it because they don't adopt that culture.
edit on 14-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Back in college in the late 1970's I roomed with an exchange student from Nigeria who was doing his doctoral thesis in organic chemistry. We did some lab work together so I had a chance to learn how gas spectroscopy works. He put me through his initiation rite of spilling liquid nitrogen on my hands and we set to work super cooling different compounds.
He was looking for something that could be used in a cure for cancer.

He used to talk about cultural parochialism being a local phenomena which backs your explanation. One time I he said he was exposed to racism while attending a christian church. I never heard the details but once he told me about a thing they had in Africa called "the root". I asked him if it was an aphrodisiac? Him being an organic chemistry major you never know that could have been either a racist or sexist remark.

True story

edit on 14-1-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

folks who like to think black folks are naturally violent thieves lacking self control.

People know what they see and experience. I know black people who know for a fact that, "black folks are naturally violent thieves lacking self control." They wouldn't trust the vast, vast majority of blacks as far as you could pick one up and throw him.

With a judgement like that going against ... What are you gonna do?

And don't even get me started in on going back into The Cradle of Civilization. Bunch'a damn hoopla and speculation and under extreme threat by the Scientific aspect of Evolution ... and that 'missing link' nobody can seem to find ... that I believe may be staring them right in the face.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Now this is interesting.

I know that there are folk out there who absolutely infer that they have egalitarian views, but hold low key prejudices. But the link to voting really does not hold any water. The people who hold these views voted Obama in 2008, did not vote that way to hide their prejudices. They voted that way because in 2008, John McCain was the opposing runner, and the guy is about as inspiring as a soggy lettuce leaf, not to mention a fan of war, which was still quite unpopular at the time. They voted that way again in 2012, because Mitt Romney is quite literally a vacuous, pontificating accident of a man, with nothing to recommend him to anyone. Frankly, people voted Obama that time around because they did not want to hear a sermon whenever the man took the podium, or addressed the nation from the Oval Office. They also did not trust billionaire businessmen at that time, to have their best interests at heart.

So subtle racism or not, it really did not affect the outcomes of previous elections involving Mr Obama, because the people against whom he was running, were just awful, and variously represented the things that people were actively against at the time, as opposed to representing something that they did agree with.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Here's a new one. Subtle racism. Subconscious racism is now a thing, and "most whites" have a historical background of racism toward blacks.
The media will say and do anything to keep us separated.

Subtle racism is described as a person who has a negative attitude towards another group and is ambiguous. But it can be attributed to things other than racist beliefs, racism is the underlying subconscious influence.
Subtle racists have one goal and that is to harm people from different backgrounds. Research shows many white people proclaim to have egalitarian values but are influenced by their subconscious prejudices.

Subtle racism, also known as, covert racism is described as a person who has implicit racial or other negative attitudes towards another group. Subtle racism is an ambiguous form of racial discrimination. It is defined as ambiguous because the perpetrator’s actions are very indirect and are often expressed through innuendo’s. While subtle racism can be attributed to many factors other than racist beliefs, racism is the underlying subconscious influence on the perpetrator’s behavior.

Subtle racists have one goal and that goal is to cause harm to the person of a different ethnic background. Research shows that while many White people proclaim to have egalitarian values, their cognitions and behavior are influenced by subconscious prejudices. These prejudices are buried deep within their psyche. Denial of their prejudices and racism leads to cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is a psychological conflict resulting from incongruous beliefs and attitudes that simultaneously co-exist.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A study from 1994 says most whites have a common and historical background of racism against blacks. And the same whites who voted Obama to prove they were not racist voted Trump this time around.

According to Feagin & Sikes 1994, most White Americans share a common and historical background of racism and prejudice against Black people. This historical prejudice is so deeply embedded in their psyche that it develops as a half conscious or unconscious state of mind.
Many White people pretend to be liberals who believe in equal rights for all mankind, although, their actions suggest otherwise.

On KPFK 90.7FM radio, it was stated after the November 2016 election that the same Americans who wanted to prove just how racist they weren’t by voting for Obama in the 2008 presidential election are mostly the Americans who voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election. The program suggested that this was due to Donald Trump’s campaign eliciting subtle racism from many Americans.
Implicit racism is well studied, and has much psychological studies supporting it. But, it means unconscious, not conscious. In fact, the same studies show that many people of color have implicit racism too.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

hahaha so true. But then others will say we enjoy the benefits of a charmed life with White Privilege.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Gender identification will be outlawed by unwritten social norms and, eventually, perhaps outlawed by official mandate. Few will be able to bend their head around that extreme situation because we currently are bound by the physical features that set those rules of society and law

I agree but I think the problem began when we were given a numerical number as an identifier. Cant keep them sheep in the coral unless you number them. Look at all the good numbers have given us...fiat money out of thin air....and yet it all goes back somehow to the Rothschild fake money or not.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Spider879

folks who like to think black folks are naturally violent thieves lacking self control.

People know what they see and experience. I know black people who know for a fact that, "black folks are naturally violent thieves lacking self control." They wouldn't trust the vast, vast majority of blacks as far as you could pick one up and throw him.

With a judgement like that going against ... What are you gonna do?

And don't even get me started in on going back into The Cradle of Civilization. Bunch'a damn hoopla and speculation and under extreme threat by the Scientific aspect of Evolution ... and that 'missing link' nobody can seem to find ... that I believe may be staring them right in the face.

Well, that wasn't very subtle.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And then there's the not so subtle anti-white agenda of cultural Marxism.. How about they talk about how deeply rooted this anti-white sentiment must be in people now? I mean we've only been hearing about how awful and horribly racist we are for close to 40 years or something now.

When this bias is so self-evident and in your face, then how much deeper is it subconsciously? I mean, the average white person that this is directed to is hardly openly racist, and the amount of "subconscious racism" is probably minute.. as would be the case with other races too, except blacks and Asians which are horribly racist even openly..

Any fair and objective observer with an intelligence above that of a monkey would recognise how absolutely saturated society has become by this pseudo-intellectual Marxist drivel being propagated in our universities, by academia, by the media and even by our governments and corporations. How about they mention the stranglehold that this twisted ideology has on the Western world? And how it's central ideas are inherently racist and fallacious. Only a fool would give credence to the lunatic ideas that were spawned around the concept of critical race theory and progressive stack.

Please justify your insane beliefs liberals? And could you also justify and explain the liberal support for the globalist agenda? I have never ever heard a liberal give a cogent and sound answer to these questions. You guys are useful idiots, it's embarrassing that you haven't noticed it yourselves yet though. I assure you that day will come though, the whole World will notice that the emperor is wearning no clothes.. Disclosure is coming, not only the UFO stuff, people will know that your ideology was used to progress the NWO agenda.. Then traitors will be sentenced in Nuremberg style trials. Heads will roll and the cancer that was cultural Marxism will forever be vanquished..

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Silly, I deal to the day to day but I look to the very far future of humanity. A outlook that few can or bother to investigate because they are so caught up in their ow physical lives. I'll give you a little tip, a good dose of an intense practice of meditation can do wonders for understand the cosmos. I dare you to try it. It is always such a shock to come back and see ourselves as we really are objective eyes.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Silly, I deal to the day to day but I look to the very far future of humanity. A outlook that few can or bother to investigate because they are so caught up in their ow physical lives. I'll give you a little tip, a good dose of an intense practice of meditation can do wonders for understand the cosmos. I dare you to try it. It is always such a shock to come back and see ourselves as we really are objective eyes.

Since you dared me, it's a deal.
edit on 2017-01-14T20:13:16-06:002201714America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Follow through with it and I guarantee you will be a better human--not necessarily always act like one (such as myself) but a better judge of yourself and humanity as a whole.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

how'd you fall prey to this thread....

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

how'd you fall prey to this thread....

Same as you I'd guess, checking new threads..hahah
But sigh!.. can be exasperating.