It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Team: Top Adviser (Micheal Flynn) Talked With Russian Ambassador Before U.S. Hacking Response

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'll start with what Sean Spicer, Trump's spokesperson is willing to admit after WaPo broke the story:

— "Christmas Day, Gen. Flynn reached out to the ambassador, sent him a text and it said, 'I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I look forward to touching base with you and working with you, and I wish you all the best.' The ambassador texted him back wishing him a Merry Christmas as well," Spicer said.

— "And then subsequently on the 28th of December [the ambassador] texted [Flynn] and said, 'I'd like to give you a call, may I?' "

— "[Flynn] then took that call on the 28th and the call centered around the logistics of setting up a call with the president of Russia and the president-elect after he was sworn in. And they exchanged logistical information on how to initiate and schedule that call. That was it, plain and simple."

President Obama ordered two Russian diplomatic compounds closed and 35 Russian diplomats expelled from the United States the next day, Dec. 29.

www.npr.org...

MIND YOU...Flynn is Trump's man in the room during top secret intelligence briefings...

What they discussed in the call is not known beyond Spicer's BS...which was only offered after it was exposed Flynn and the Russian Ambassador are somehow texting buddies.

This is getting ridiculous..

He tipped off Russian diplomats/spies that their compounds were going to be raided and diplomats/spies ejected the day before it happened..

This is Flynn last year having dinner with Putin..

For those not already aware...Michael Flynn, Trumps lead national Security Advisor has been paid by Russia's State Sponsored media to badmouth the US intelligence community.

He is a discontent after being forced to resign for being...well ..a wacko and making stuff up.

They also both exhibit a loose relationship with facts: General Flynn, for instance, has said that Shariah, or Islamic law, is spreading in the United States (it is not). His dubious assertions are so common that when he ran the Defense Intelligence Agency, subordinates came up with a name for the phenomenon: They called them “Flynn facts.”

www.nytimes.com...

His son infamously pushed Pizzagate on twitter..
edit on 13-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I fail to see how communications of this nature between an incoming administration and Russian leadership to establish a diplomatic dialogue after the inauguration is in any way a bad thing.

I know liberals desperately want to believe there is something more sinister going on here, so I'm sure they will dive in soon with all kinds of allegations.

Should be entertaining.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Who cares? You had better get yourself in an alliance with Russia because China is not happy with you.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I fail to see how communications of this nature between an incoming administration and Russian leadership to establish a diplomatic dialogue after the inauguration is in any way a bad thing.

I know liberals desperately want to believe there is something more sinister going on here, so I'm sure they will dive in soon with all kinds of allegations.

Should be entertaining.

actually there is something more sinister going on....enough so that the Senate intelligence committee just announced that they plan to open an investigation into all of this.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I fail to see

You could of stopped right there and it would have been more honest...

I agree...trumpites fail to see..

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Big fkn deal , Trump is trying to save us from a WW3 scenario with Russia the Left wing libs are trying to push .

I'm not worried one bit . Just saying .

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Should be entertaining.

actually there is something more sinister going on....enough so that the Senate intelligence committee just announced that they plan to open an investigation into all of this.

What''s more sinister is a certain group of political zealots willing to disrupt our peaceful transition of government because they didn't win nor get a trophy!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

BTW...While Spicer...having been confronted with evidence...Portrayed an instance where it seemed a casual diplomatic exchange...the day before several dozen Russian Diplomat/spies were ejected from their compounds...

THIS is what the intelligence community leaked to WAPA that provoked the unusual disclosure from Turmps people..

According to a senior U.S. government official, Flynn phoned Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak several times on Dec. 29, the day the Obama administration announced the expulsion of 35 Russian officials as well as other measures in retaliation for the hacking.

LINK

At some point it's not politics anymore it's sovereignty...

I get you guys being excited about winning...have at it...In PENCE..as much as I think him a crazy right winger...he is not a traitor, he is an AMERICAN crazy right winger...one of ours.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They say a week is a long time in politics , who knows where this and stories to come will take us in the week to come.
Could Trump become the first President Elect not to become President , it'll be an interesting to see what other skeletons emerge from Trumps cupboard.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And the Trump-at-any-cost people still apologize or worse for the traitor.

For what - cause they think he can make them some money.

They should talk to some people from the Taj - see just how it worked out for them.

link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Big fkn deal , Trump is trying to save us from a WW3 scenario with Russia the Left wing libs are trying to push .

Yeah he wants to make money for him and his close network of friends in Russia and potentially start war with China

He also doesn't like Iran

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Should be entertaining.

What''s more sinister is a certain group of political zealots willing to disrupt our peaceful transition of government because they didn't win nor get a trophy!

Don't you mean pee-ful transition of power? Sorry...cant help myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Big fkn deal , Trump is trying to save us from a WW3

There is no threat of WW3...That is a myth Russia has sold the right wing inflating their power...

They can reboot the Soviet Union and take back former republics...If only NATO was weaker and not a nuisance...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: seeker1963

Should be entertaining.

Don't you mean pee-ful transition of power? Sorry...cant help myself.

So you believe in the mattress conspiracy?

If it's found to be true? I don't know how I will be able to sleep at night!

edit on 13-1-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S. has successfully infiltrated Russia !!

Maybe *WE* have all the goods on Putin !!

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Yeah he wants to make money for him and his close network of friends in Russia and potentially start war with China

He also doesn't like Iran

Can you Provide evidence of this ?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We may have a Logan Act violation here with Flynn.

"The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799 ) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the U.S. It was intended to prevent the undermining of the government's position."

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Aren't the libs the ones who are strong advocates for diplomacy... Guess not.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
We may have a Logan Act violation here with Flynn.

"The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799 ) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the U.S. It was intended to prevent the undermining of the government's position."

Why shouldn't the government be held to the same standards?

IRAN for instance?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I see Jill Stein at the table with Putin too.

Is she a Russian plant? Was her attempting to get recounts in multiple states after the election done on behalf of Russia? Is she a Russian shill simply for being guilty by association, for having dialogue with them?

Am I a Russian shill because I just texted by Russian buddy who used to live outside Moscow?

I had some vodka last night. Uh oh, I'm supporting the evil Russian empire. #boycott vodka or you're a pro-Russian, anti-USA traitor.

Meanwhile, the Clintons did backdoor uranium deals with the Russian elite and nary a peep.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join