It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn Jenner Will Reportedly Attend Donald Trump’s Inauguration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: FamCore

She's been a republican for ages. Trump needs his token transgender person and there she is. Any sort of ethnic, sexual, or gender minority that supports Trump is highly valuable to his position just like nearly all black conservatives are by the GOP.

Makes Trump look like he's the "president for everybody".

Maybe he is the President for everybody. Why would you assume Jenner is being used and why would you assume she would let herself be used like that?

It sounds like you are saying that all minority groups only succeed in conservative circles because they are being used for propaganda. That would be quite disrespectful to many people... Ben Carson for instance.

I wouldn't suggest their affiliation is because of propaganda. But a set of political platforms that are perceived by most minorities to be working against them, with an example of their own demographic endorsing it, well, that's just convenient for people like Trump, isn't it?

When you see that, it's usually from people who were privileged enough to escape the institutionalized sexism, racism, etc, and move into a political ideology that normally is appealing to conservatives which is the "conservation" of what they have vs. the protection of the have-nots.

Hmm. There are many minority conservatives that were not given any special privileges that just made it - off their own talent and hard work. They have as much right as a white person to stand up and support their political views without being accused of being an 'uncle tom', which is essentially what you are doing.

No, that is not what I am doing. At all. Just as there are racists liberals, there are oppressed conservatives. I am absolutely not saying that every minority who has "made it" and became republican did so because they got a lot of breaks. I am saying that the institutionalized social conventions that would normally hinder their progress may have not been present as it usually is for that particular demographic.

Mostly, though, I was saying that supporters like Caitlyn are invaluable to Trump. And in her case, it is because she is rich and not susceptible to the many dangers and discrimination other trans women are subject to.

BS!

Now you're blaming her for her wealth?

What?! How did you get that out of what I said? I said she is not susceptible to the many dangers and discrimination should would be subject to if not for her fame and wealth. I didn't say that was a bad thing.

Mostly, though, I was saying that supporters like Caitlyn are invaluable to Trump. And in her case, it is because she is rich and not susceptible to the many dangers and discrimination other trans women are subject to.

Come again? You dismissed her and her beliefs because she is rich?

Would you grant her the same if she was a Progressive?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I wasn't generalizing. In fact, I used words like "perceived". I'm not even saying anything controversial; just stating why a supporter like Caitlyn is valuable to Trump.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

She's been a republican for ages. Trump needs his token transgender person and there she is. Any sort of ethnic, sexual, or gender minority that supports Trump is highly valuable to his position just like nearly all black conservatives are by the GOP.

Maybe he is the President for everybody. Why would you assume Jenner is being used and why would you assume she would let herself be used like that?

It sounds like you are saying that all minority groups only succeed in conservative circles because they are being used for propaganda. That would be quite disrespectful to many people... Ben Carson for instance.

I wouldn't suggest their affiliation is because of propaganda. But a set of political platforms that are perceived by most minorities to be working against them, with an example of their own demographic endorsing it, well, that's just convenient for people like Trump, isn't it?

When you see that, it's usually from people who were privileged enough to escape the institutionalized sexism, racism, etc, and move into a political ideology that normally is appealing to conservatives which is the "conservation" of what they have vs. the protection of the have-nots.

Hmm. There are many minority conservatives that were not given any special privileges that just made it - off their own talent and hard work. They have as much right as a white person to stand up and support their political views without being accused of being an 'uncle tom', which is essentially what you are doing.

No, that is not what I am doing. At all. Just as there are racists liberals, there are oppressed conservatives. I am absolutely not saying that every minority who has "made it" and became republican did so because they got a lot of breaks. I am saying that the institutionalized social conventions that would normally hinder their progress may have not been present as it usually is for that particular demographic.

BS!

What?! How did you get that out of what I said? I said she is not susceptible to the many dangers and discrimination should would be subject to if not for her fame and wealth. I didn't say that was a bad thing.

This is nonsense! How is it any less of an emotional journey for a rich conservative guy to come out as a transgender as it is for a poor liberal guy?
The fact she is famous, I'd suggest, makes it somewhat worse.. She has to face the prejudices of the entire world. I can't believe you would think that a person prejudice towards transgender people would all of sudden find it OK because the transgender happened to be rich and conservative. Baffling.
edit on 13/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

BS!

I dismissed nothing. I simply said she is safe from many of the dangers that plague other people in her demographic. That she is immune to it can lead to a fairly obvious conclusion of her not feeling the need to fight for protections for those who are not as free from it as she is.

If she were a progressive, I would say the same thing but commend her for supporting those rights and protections even though she is safe from it.

I'm not sure you've understood my posts in this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I wasn't generalizing. In fact, I used words like "perceived". I'm not even saying anything controversial; just stating why a supporter like Caitlyn is valuable to Trump.

Sorry, I still don't get it.. unless you mean in that it shows that the perception of Trump by some is actually wrong, and that he is supported by a wide range of people including minorities and values all people.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

BS!

This is nonsense! How is it any less of an emotional journey for a rich conservative guy to come out as a transgender as it is for a poor liberal guy?
The fact she is famous, I'd suggest, makes it somewhat worse.. She has to face the prejudices of the entire world. I can't believe you would think that a person prejudice towards transgender people would all of sudden find it OK because the transgender happened to be rich and conservative. Baffling.

She's not going to be denied healthcare, housing, employment, etc like many other transfolk because of her social status. That is a fact. She is also never going to have to commute and be subjected to the dangers of random violence like others are.

None of these things are judgements against her. I have no idea why you are getting so defensive.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

BS!

She's not going to be denied healthcare, housing, employment, etc like many other transfolk because of her social status. That is a fact. She is also never going to have to commute and be subjected to the dangers of random violence like others are.

None of these things are judgements against her. I have no idea why you are getting so defensive.

I'm trying to understand the thinking. I still don't get why this person is any less of a representative of the LGBTQ community and why she is assumed to be being used because she supports Trump. I get that she is rich and won't have to wander round Chicago ghetto's at night, but I don't get why proximity to violence is a differentiator to being a transgender.

Were you just writing her off as a valid member of the transgender community because you have a problem with Trump? I could understand the psychology of that thinking, if not the reasoning.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

BS!

I'm trying to understand the thinking. I still don't get why this person is any less of a representative of the LGBTQ community and why she is assumed to be being used because she supports Trump. I get that she is rich and won't have to wander round Chicago ghetto's at night, but I don't get why proximity to violence is a differentiator to being a transgender.

But I didn't say any of those things. I didn't say she was not part of the LGBTQ. I did suggest she might be being used but only because it makes smart sense to do so. I never said that her proximity to violence makes her not a transwoman.

I think you just assumed I was being combative when I really wasn't. I'm just saying why things work out this way.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Ha! Could South Park have predicted this any better???

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

BS!

But I didn't say any of those things. I didn't say she was not part of the LGBTQ. I did suggest she might be being used but only because it makes smart sense to do so. I never said that her proximity to violence makes her not a transwoman.

I think you just assumed I was being combative when I really wasn't. I'm just saying why things work out this way.

Maybe Trump has no problem at all with the LGBTQ community and sees no real difference in inviting her to anyone else. He did after all fire a shot across the bow of the GOP about their opposition to this community.

I think you are wrong to make assumptions about motive, just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

BS!

Maybe Trump has no problem at all with the LGBTQ community and sees no real difference in inviting her to anyone else. He did after all fire a shot across the bow of the GOP about their opposition to this community.

Oh my word, I made no assumptions. I stated the fact that she is useful to Trump's image.

Honestly, I don't think Trump is anti-anything other than things getting in his way. He used to be very liberal about marriage equality and all that. I never suggested otherwise.

But his cabinet appointments... different story there. Yeesh.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

BS!

I dismissed nothing. I simply said she is safe from many of the dangers that plague other people in her demographic. That she is immune to it can lead to a fairly obvious conclusion of her not feeling the need to fight for protections for those who are not as free from it as she is.

If she were a progressive, I would say the same thing but commend her for supporting those rights and protections even though she is safe from it.

So are those in are own government who are safe in their gated communities, and their armed guards! Yet you allow them to fool you by their pathetic politics to divide us all so that they can continue their pillaging????

I have supported you in your decision in your life changes from the get go, but I have also noticed how you changed in your support of the Constitution to become someone who has shed those beliefs in the Constitution because you have found a tribe to accept you!

Who would have thought that Milo would be accepted by Conservatives? Think about that! Doesn't that make you wonder whether or not it's true that Conservative hate Gay people? Hell it's worse than that, he sleeps with black men! The HORROR! Yet those of us who support the same freedoms he advocates for as a non US citizen,,,,,,,,we embrace him!

I am sorry, but I love and support anyone who supports the Constitution of this country! I don't care what your religion, sexual status, race is??

Identity politics needs to go!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

BS!

Oh my word, I made no assumptions. I stated the fact that she is useful to Trump's image.

Honestly, I don't think Trump is anti-anything other than things getting in his way. He used to be very liberal about marriage equality and all that. I never suggested otherwise.

But his cabinet appointments... different story there. Yeesh.

Fair enough.. (apart from your last sentence, but that is a whole other thread
)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

BS!

So are those in are own government who are safe in their gated communities, and their armed guards! Yet you allow them to fool you by their pathetic politics to divide us all so that they can continue their pillaging????

I have supported you in your decision in your life changes from the get go, but I have also noticed how you changed in your support of the Constitution to become someone who has shed those beliefs in the Constitution because you have found a tribe to accept you!

Who would have thought that Milo would be accepted by Conservatives? Think about that! Doesn't that make you wonder whether or not it's true that Conservative hate Gay people? Hell it's worse than that, he sleeps with black men! The HORROR! Yet those of us who support the same freedoms he advocates for as a non US citizen,,,,,,,,we embrace him!

I am sorry, but I love and support anyone who supports the Constitution of this country! I don't care what your religion, sexual status, race is??

Identity politics needs to go!!!!

I'm not sure why you think I'm taking any of those positions? I've always been a liberal. How am I not supporting the constitution?

<< 1   >>

join