It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn Jenner Will Reportedly Attend Donald Trump’s Inauguration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm somewhat embarrassed to be sharing this since it is really non-news, but I hope it opens up for a good discussion, that's my primary motivator in making this thread:

The self-proclaimed Conservative Republican was invited by Trump to attend the Inauguration, and Caitlyn has reportedly accepted and will be in DC.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I wonder if Caitlyn took this upon herself or was hand-picked to support Trump, I have heard they were friends already which wouldn't surprise me.

I will say that many of the celebrities supporting Hillary, like Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel for example, were likely asked by Hillary's team to show support. Is it just me, or are Hollywood and Capitol Hill seeming to get cozier as the Establishment becomes more desperate to prove that "they're on our side"?

Don't you love how people like Caitlyn Jenner are idolized and receive awards like "Woman of the Year" (the same year she killed 69 year old Kim Howe in a fatal traffic accident, and avoided manslaughter charges), simply because they are easy tools for an agenda? Here's a link to that story if you're curious: variety.com...

The media, the 4th branch of the government.. doing what it does best, keeping everyone divided and distracted.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Caitlin Jenner should be in a prison cell.

This is some top notch pandering to people consumed by reality TV.
That generation is pathetic if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Watching this presidential election unfold has been worse than the trashiest, most contrived reality show out there. Unbelievable...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

She's been a republican for ages. Trump needs his token transgender person and there she is. Any sort of ethnic, sexual, or gender minority that supports Trump is highly valuable to his position just like nearly all black conservatives are by the GOP.

Makes Trump look like he's the "president for everybody".

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Based on what you've described, I would assume Caitlyn was selected for this role and she accepted, and she did not do this all on her own

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

What did she do? I must admit I do not follow news on her...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

She's been a republican for ages. Trump needs his token transgender person and there she is. Any sort of ethnic, sexual, or gender minority that supports Trump is highly valuable to his position just like nearly all black conservatives are by the GOP.

Maybe he is the President for everybody. Why would you assume Jenner is being used and why would you assume she would let herself be used like that?

It sounds like you are saying that all minority groups only succeed in conservative circles because they are being used for propaganda. That would be quite disrespectful to many people... Ben Carson for instance.
edit on 13/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Abysha

Based on what you've described, I would assume Caitlyn was selected for this role and she accepted, and she did not do this all on her own

That's possible. But it's also possible that she's a sucker for attention. She's a reality tv star just like Trump.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ha! Could South Park have predicted this any better???

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Maybe he is the President for everybody. Why would you assume Jenner is being used and why would you assume she would let herself be used like that?

It sounds like you are saying that all minority groups only succeed in conservative circles because they are being used for propaganda. That would be quite disrespectful to many people... Ben Carson for instance.

I wouldn't suggest their affiliation is because of propaganda. But a set of political platforms that are perceived by most minorities to be working against them, with an example of their own demographic endorsing it, well, that's just convenient for people like Trump, isn't it?

When you see that, it's usually from people who were privileged enough to escape the institutionalized sexism, racism, etc, and move into a political ideology that normally is appealing to conservatives which is the "conservation" of what they have vs. the protection of the have-nots.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I wouldn't suggest their affiliation is because of propaganda. But a set of political platforms that are perceived by most minorities to be working against them, with an example of their own demographic endorsing it, well, that's just convenient for people like Trump, isn't it?

When you see that, it's usually from people who were privileged enough to escape the institutionalized sexism, racism, etc, and move into a political ideology that normally is appealing to conservatives which is the "conservation" of what they have vs. the protection of the have-nots.

Hmm. There are many minority conservatives that were not given any special privileges that just made it - off their own talent and hard work. They have as much right as a white person to stand up and support their political views without being accused of being an 'uncle tom', which is essentially what you are doing.

You do realise that millions of african americans, asians and hispanics voted for Trump, right? I am sure many in the LBGTQ community did too.

Is the left laying some sort of 'claim' to these people, so much so that they are excluded, denigrated, and not taken seriously unless have a liberal ideology?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

She chose the wrong TRIBE!!!!!!

They eat their own if they don't agree with their political views!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hmm. There are many minority conservatives that were not given any special privileges that just made it - off their own talent and hard work. They have as much right as a white person to stand up and support their political views without being accused of being an 'uncle tom', which is essentially what you are doing.

No, that is not what I am doing. At all. Just as there are racists liberals, there are oppressed conservatives. I am absolutely not saying that every minority who has "made it" and became republican did so because they got a lot of breaks. I am saying that the institutionalized social conventions that would normally hinder their progress may have not been present as it usually is for that particular demographic.

Mostly, though, I was saying that supporters like Caitlyn are invaluable to Trump. And in her case, it is because she is rich and not susceptible to the many dangers and discrimination other trans women are subject to.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ooooor... maybe it was that she killed somebody with her car and essentially went unpunished due to a case of
affluenza.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No, that is not what I am doing. At all. Just as there are racists liberals, there are oppressed conservatives. I am absolutely not saying that every minority who has "made it" and became republican did so because they got a lot of breaks. I am saying that the institutionalized social conventions that would normally hinder their progress may have not been present as it usually is for that particular demographic.

Mostly, though, I was saying that supporters like Caitlyn are invaluable to Trump. And in her case, it is because she is rich and not susceptible to the many dangers and discrimination other trans women are subject to.

I find it hard to accept a generalisation that minorities are only conservative if they managed to get lucky and not experience the social conventions of the rest of the people in their community.

As for Jenner, the fact she is rich now is not relevant. I just read she was a gold medal winning athlete and made her own way in life to be successful. I don;t see why successful minority people are some how less associated to their minority group. Or are the REAL groups that are oppressed and need attention ; LGBTQ Democrats, African American Democrats, Latino Democrats, female Democrats, etc,.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

BS!

Now you're blaming her for her wealth?

Sorry, but how do you explain Milo who is a gay white dude who loves sleeping with black men and yet it is those who lean Conservative who embrace and accept him yet it is those who embrace the Progressive ideology that try to shut him down at every college campus he appears at?

This is politics turned religion! Tribalism gone mad!

You do know what happens when tribes get so divided and pissed off at each other right?

edit on 13-1-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Oh how I hope he's sharing a table with his step daughter and step son-in-law, the West family. That would make for some interesting memes.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

BS!

Now you're blaming her for her wealth?

What?! How did you get that out of what I said? I said she is not susceptible to the many dangers and discrimination should would be subject to if not for her fame and wealth. I didn't say that was a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ooooor... maybe it was that she killed somebody with her car and essentially went unpunished due to a case of
affluenza.

Do you offer the same ideology to a police officer who happens to kill a minority during the act of committing a crime?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

affluenza.

Do you offer the same ideology to a police officer who happens to kill a minority during the act of committing a crime?

That doesn't make any sense. I wasn't defending her. So yeah, I hold that same "ideology" to people who kill people as I do with that one person who killed a person.

I have no idea how else to answer that; it didn't make sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join