It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mummified Head of Newborn Baby with Extremely Elongated Skull Found in Peru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In the past it was questioned by many if some of the elongated skulls of Paracas are naturally formed or all of them are the result of head binding. If this new found baby skull's age is indeed between 0-3 months, then head binding has to be ruled out as it takes at least 6 months to form the typical shape of the elongated skulls through head binding.

www.ancient-origins.net...

Artificial cranial deformation is usually carried out on an infant, when the skull is at its most pliable. In a typical case, head-binding begins approximately a month after birth and continues for at least six months, but usually longer. Therefore, the discovery of a newborn baby with an elongated skull suggests that artificial cranial deformation did not take place, since a greater length of time is needed to create the shape changes to the skull.

However, while cranial deformation changes the shape of the skull, it does not alter other features that are characteristic of a regular human skull. Yet the Paracas elongated skulls do contain features that differ from a typical human skull, including the different positioning of the foramen magnum, a very pronounced zygomatic arch (cheek bone), different eye sockets and no sagittal suture, which is a connective tissue joint between the two parietal bones of the skull. This suggests that that the elongation of the Paracas skulls may have been natural and not artificially produced.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gnostician

If this is the skull of a newborn, I'm not sure how this could have been achieved through the process of "binding".

Perhaps a birth defect, or is it something more? *cue X-Files theme

Great story!!! Will be following this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All newborns have misshapen skulls. The fontanel (soft spot) is designed for just this reason. So baby doesn't suffer a crushed skull at birth.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Bloody clever eh?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
All newborns have misshapen skulls. The fontanel (soft spot) is designed for just this reason. So baby doesn't suffer a crushed skull at birth.

The spot is to accomidate the rapid growth of the newborns brain size after birth. Not to ease pregnancy.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The finding was announced by Brien Foerster of Hidden Inca Tours

Not exactly credible last i checked

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: orgncpndmc

The finding was announced by Brien Foerster of Hidden Inca Tours

Not exactly credible last i checked

At all.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
looks like a cat

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Some tribes would tire rope sounds the heads of infants so as they grew their heads would be forced to grow out in one direction, giving them elongated skulls.
That's probably why it died in the first place.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oooookayyyy....

So a tour guide finds this skull (which from the photos is being held in a museum collections area) and decides it's a newborn baby and all that...

...in spite of the bones NOT being consistent with a newborn/up to 3 month old baby (for one thing, the skull is too large and there's something 'off' about it (bones appear to be fused (indicating an adult) and it looks like there's teeth)
... and in spite of his NOT being an archaeologist
.... from a site that was either an active dig or is a new site that he's not reporting
...and the Peruvian government (which has rules about archaeological stuff) lets him keep it and walk around with it...
...and he takes it to a museum lab or university lab...

.....and no one in the entire country announces the discovery or mounts a team to go back there or pull his tour operating license and fine him for stealing?

Really?

I'd believe the story more if it was from 1917.

Bottom line: he's a known hoaxer. He sells books and tours. Business has been slow.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gnostician
In the past it was questioned by many if some of the elongated skulls of Paracas are naturally formed or all of them are the result of head binding. If this new found baby skull's age is indeed between 0-3 months, then head binding has to be ruled out as it takes at least 6 months to form the typical shape of the elongated skulls through head binding.

Yes, so tell me what actual, neutral, credible expert determined this. None? Thought so.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
If this is the skull of a newborn, I'm not sure how this could have been achieved through the process of "binding".

The process starts at birth when the infants head is more malleable,
see picture
www.kox.sk...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just in case clicking was too much

So Foerster once again has nothing and is claiming everything.
Head binding begins at birth, always has...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
You seem to misunderstand and to miss the point. Foerster did not deny that head binding could have begun at birth. The point you either failed to understand or are deliberately ignoring is that the baby was too young for binding to have had enough time to elongate its skull. Medical doctors told him how old the baby was when it died.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
You seem to misunderstand and to miss the point. Foerster did not deny that head binding could have begun at birth. The point you either failed to understand or are deliberately ignoring is that the baby was too young for binding to have had enough time to elongate its skull. Medical doctors told him how old the baby was when it died.

wow, you are actually ignoring your own eyes for something a known fraudster has said
You are the one missing the point here...
The picture I posted is a newborn, Head binding begins at birth, when the skull is malleable. that shape is standard, I posted a picture of a baby, did you think it was a teenager
way to go, has trump selected you for his cabinet yet...

edit on 19-1-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
Medical doctors told him how old the baby was when it died.

No. Foerster claims that medical doctors have said how old the baby was.

Brace yourself - Foerster is known to lie.

Harte
edit on 1/19/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Something no one has mentioned .... A difficult natural birth, which happens

sometimes can leave the infant with an elongated head.

This happened to my grandson, who in the end had to have an assisted delivery

and his head was elongated for a while it took sometime to return to 'normal'

If he had for any reason died within that time he too would have had an abnormal

skull

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Something no one has mentioned .... A difficult natural birth, which happens

If he had for any reason died within that time he too would have had an abnormal

skull

Same thing happened to my daughter. Gave her a sort of conehead appearance that resolved into a big bruise on the back of her head near her neck. The nurses said that was called a "stork bite."

Harte

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

A difficult natural birth, which happens

skull

Its called dolichocephaly/breach head moulding, where the position of the baby in utero forces the head out of shape
i0.wp.com...

Technically, dolichocephaly is a mild cranial deformity in which the head has become disproportionately long and narrow, due to mechanical forces associated with breech positioning in utero

Imagine, if you were a native culture that had deified long skulls as a sign of intelligence, and then every so often a kid is born with a long head already, if you were the parents, which one of you would go run to tell the high priest and his team of head binders that you had been suddenly blessed by god, cha ching...

Compare that with what Foerestererershire is claiming, that its an unknown race (with normal human DNA) possibly (constantly hinted at but never spoken out loud) alien hybrids, oh and if you want to know more I can give you a guided tour around all the well known alien/indian sites, for a price.
like duh

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Some things to consider about Foerster.

I only know what I read about these topics, but it's fairly clear that Foerster is about this -

Hidden Inca Tours

TOUR PRICING:
MAIN TOUR: $3395 USD
($500 Deposit / Single Room Supplement $650)
BOLIVIA EXTENSION: $1695 USD
($300 Deposit / Single Room Supplement $450)

It seems to me that every time he gets anything floating out there, whether true or not, it's profitable for him and is mostly advertising for his business ventures.

Follow the money for the truth when things don't add up in my opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join