It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Donald Trump should not divest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JeremySun

Sorry, you have not convinced me in any way, that he should not divest as others have ..and is expected.
The Clintons are bad news, just so you know where I stand on their shenanigans.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He does not divest because he has no authority to. The Trump organization belongs to the Trump family, not to him. He can close his own foundation. He cannot close Eric Trump's foundation.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well, I don't specifically know what is owned by who so I will refrain from further judgement, perhaps his tax return's would be helpful so it can be honestly sorted out.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

His tax returns were stolen by investigative journalists and released in October 2016.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 13-1-2017 by JeremySun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

That return was from 1995 was it not?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yes but the investigative journalists have all of it. They only released the 3 dirty pages.

These investigative journalists are a pack of wolves who find everything, even Donald Trump bought Chinese steel for his Las Vegas hotel.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
double
edit on 13-1-2017 by JeremySun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I have not heard anything regarding them having a "current" tax return..current is important. Do you have a link or info that show's that?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Well, I don't specifically know what is owned by who so I will refrain from further judgement, perhaps his tax return's would be helpful so it can be honestly sorted out.

Do you know how to read a billionaire's tax return?

I certainly don't. I need help with what little I have.

You need CNN's and Motherjones's tax "experts" to tell you what they mean, right?

What would that tell you anyway?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeremySun

His tax returns were stolen by investigative journalists and released in October 2016.

www.nytimes.com...

Against the law, right?

Was it the Russians?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeremySun

Yes but the investigative journalists have all of it. They only released the 3 dirty pages.

These investigative journalists are a pack of wolves who find everything, even Donald Trump bought Chinese steel for his Las Vegas hotel.

Bush sold all the steel recovered from the towers to china.

Trump is just repatriating it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I have not heard anything regarding them having a "current" tax return..current is important. Do you have a link or info that show's that?

Chase your tail, his tax returns mean nothing.

The hostile IRS has them and they haven't said anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I wouldn't make heads or tails of it.
I'm sure if they came out, someone qualified would decipher.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Actually, they do. They specify his sources of income. All of them, and thus reveal how he could directly benefit from his influence as President. Directing HUD money toward Trump's holdings, for example. As pointed out by Warren. "Isolating" himself by turning control to his kids (they won't talk about it over dinner, I promise) is meaningless.

To you? Me? Why would they?

edit on 1/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
If Trump sells the Trump businesses, he and his children would have a great deal of cash. You're worried about their future?

I don't think it's that simple. He is entitled to many years of royalties from his brands. Is he supposed to throw that away, too?

Why is Trump made to go poor when all the other presidents got rich?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Why is Trump made to go poor

He claims he's worth $10 billion.
Poor guy.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Jimmy Carter gave up his peanut farm yet Trump shouldn't give up anything?

So should he keep all of his debts? He has hundreds of millions of dollars worth of debt all over the world. You think a president with that much debt is a good thing? Now, even if he did go the ethical route and get a blind trust does that exclude him from all of his debt? If so, then if he wants to be president he HAS to do this. You can't be the leader of America with that kind of insanely large debt! Having that much debt alone should have disqualified him.

And that's probably one main reason why he won't release his taxes.

No he didn't where did you get that BS from. Actually he left his brother Billy in charge of the family farm. What did happen though was his brother was a scum bag and stole money from the family business. This made people in the government to think Carter was running a slush fund because of the missing money. Turned out his brother was just pocketing money without reporting it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Actually, they do. They specify his sources of income. All of them, and thus reveal how he could directly benefit from his influence as President. Directing HUD money toward Trump's holdings, for example. As pointed out by Warren. "Isolating" himself by turning control to his kids (they won't talk about it over dinner, I promise) is meaningless.

To you? Me? Why would they?

I agree he should release his taxes I think hes scared to because he knows people will go crazy. But that aside he doesn't hav to get rid of his business to be president. The only thing he might want to get rid of is any of his media ties. Just to maintain the appearance of not trying to influence news. But no presidents don't give up there companies to become president and return to it after they leave office.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Actually he left his brother Billy in charge of the family farm.

Carter expanded the "family business" a great deal after his father's death. During his Presidency he assigned control of the business to a blind trust, not his brother.

But no presidents don't give up there companies to become president and return to it after they leave office.
Since we have no idea what companies Trump is involved with (no tax returns) there is no way to determine if he completely divests even if he claimed he did. That's why a blind trust is the only sensible alternative. The trustee would, by necessity have full access to all of Trump's financial information. But Trump don't like that idea.
edit on 1/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

Actually he left his brother Billy in charge of the family farm.

Carter expanded the "family business" a great deal after his father's death. During his Presidency he assigned control of the business to a blind trust, not his brother.

He actually hires his brother to take care of the business. But his brother steals money from the business which leads to ethic charges against Carter.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join