It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spy Who Wrote the Trump-Russia Memos: It Was "Hair-Raising" Stuff

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: Icarus Rising
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Trump is no Hitler. More like Biff Tannen from "Back to the Future II". And I see you haven't responded to my takedown of the 4chan angle. Here's a little more to chew on.

Furthermore, the 4Chan user's story doesn't line up with any of the facts presented by the U.S. intelligence agencies, or directly explain how the information got from 4Chan to those agencies. If the 4Chan user's claim is true, this is the biggest media conspiracy in American history and the multi-billion dollar U.S. intelligence industry is nothing more than a naive goat that succumbs to the troll under the bridge. Since neither seems likely, and both together seems flat out impossible, one side of Occam's Razor is much more compelling than the other.

The 4chan user is lying.

Is that why they shut down his twitter? Lol hes talking to lawyers right now and his story was posted first before anybody regardless of how long someone worked on getting info on trump they didn't present the evidence before the article. The story is plagiarism! Clapper has lied to the public before about spying on the public. All you have a clown shoes as evidence its a joke. Serously the sites motto is deny ignorance how can you boldly claim this is anything but spreading ignorance in the hopes something will stick?

And I guess that MI6 dude is missing also.

It's just more crazy BS and people are trying to give it legs.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Icarus Rising
Do you ever read the news? I was just wondering because if you had you should be wondering about the legitimacy of this mother jones story.

The date in this mother jones story for when this spy was supposedly hired to dig up dirt on Trump is:

The former spy told me that he had been retained in early June by a private research firm in the United States to look into Trump's activity in Europe and Russia.
link

That would be June 2016 correct?

Now lets look back at a story from the CNN from June 2016.

(CNN) — Federal investigators tried to warn the Democratic National Committee about a potential intrusion in their computer network months before the party moved to try to fix the problem, U.S. officials briefed on the probe tell CNN.

The revelation raises questions about whether the DNC could have done more to limit the damage done by hackers suspected of working for Russian intelligence.

The DNC brought in consultants from the private security firm CrowdStrike in April. And by the time suspected Russian hackers were kicked out of the DNC network in June, the hackers had been inside for about a year.

link

So as you can see the supposed hack was stopped in June 2016 around the same time your supposed spy was hired to check up on Trump.

Also from your mother Jones story.

The memos noted that this spy's sources had provided him with information indicating that Russian intelligence had mounted a yearslong operation to co-opt or cultivate Trump and had gathered secret compromising material on Trump.

Isn't it odd that the supposed Russian hack on the DNC and the supposed Russian intelligence operation to get information on Trump both started about mid June 2015?

Now lets dig a little deeper into your left wing media a see what comes up.

From an L.A. Times story published on June 14 2016.

DNC officials said they did not believe any sensitive donor information was compromised. Instead, the hackers took aim at the thousands of pages of research DNC staffers compiled to use in attacking Trump during the presidential race.

link

You see where it says thousands of pages of dirt on Trump was the information that was hacked?

Do you not find it odd that all of these things took place at the same time?

Your spy alleged that he was first hired by a republican and then switched to a democrat.

I suspect that all of the supposed information this so called spy came up with was directly from the DNC.

Another thing that doesn't fit the narrative is the fact that the supposed Russian intelligence operation to gather dirt started before or around the same time Trump announced his candidacy. Which was on June 16, 2015.

My guess would be that the Russians have esp and they not only knew that Trump was going to be not only the republican nominee, but would also win the presidency.(sarcasm intended)

The left gets more desperate everyday!

edit on 14-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Be glad the Left isnt posting a bunch of garbage fake news and twitter links as proof that everything in the report is true. Be grateful the left puts value on facts and conclusions of U.S. Intelligence agencies.

If the shoe was on the other foot every dumb youtube video and anonymous twitter link would be gospel to the fake news guzzling right wingers.
edit on 14-1-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Trump is no Hitler. More like Biff Tannen from "Back to the Future II".

That's exactly who Trump is and I wish Doc and Marty could save us from this sh#t alternate timeline.

The 4chan story is so false-- no one is picking it up, it a pitiful attempt at misdirection-- if anything the amount of effort his supporters put on clinging to it only makes me think... the golden shower story-- PROBABLY true.

In the spirit of secret Muslims and murderous Clintons, let's just all admit the Golden Shower story makes sense. Probably true.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Be glad the Left isnt posting a bunch of garbage fake news and twitter links as proof that everything in the report is true. Be grateful the left puts value on facts and conclusions of U.S. Intelligence agencies.

If the shoe was on the other foot every dumb youtube video and anonymous twitter link would be gospel to the fake news guzzling right wingers.

Unfortunately, that's true. Not everyone on the right lives in a post-fact world, but the Breitbart culture has swallowed way too many of them.

We'd have a full blown Pizza-gate style propaganda campaign going on if these accusations had been made about a high ranking Democrat.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

No desperation here. Simple incredulity at the complete dipstick the GOP has for a President-elect. To me, it is so improbable for him to get elected there has to be a fix in. Nice conflation of the timeline though. The trail winds from the beginnings of his known business dealings with the Russian mob in 2007 around to the Miss Universe visit to Moscow in November, 2013. The plan originally was to launder money using the hollow shell of the Trump real estate empire as a front. When he ran for President this time around against the rest of the hapless goons the GOP called candidates, a new opportunity presented itself. Putin has him so leveraged, Trump won't be able to take a dump without permission from the Kremlin.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

To me, it is so improbable for him to get elected there has to be a fix in.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

No desperation here. Simple incredulity at the complete dipstick the GOP has for a President-elect. To me, it is so improbable for him to get elected there has to be a fix in. Nice conflation of the timeline though. The trail winds from the beginnings of his known business dealings with the Russian mob in 2007 around to the Miss Universe visit to Moscow in November, 2013. The plan originally was to launder money using the hollow shell of the Trump real estate empire as a front. When he ran for President this time around against the rest of the hapless goons the GOP called candidates, a new opportunity presented itself. Putin has him so leveraged, Trump won't be able to take a dump without permission from the Kremlin.

I will drink to your tears on the 20th

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Trump [is] not so dumb as to do anything so juvenile

You seem to know him, and his intentions, so well.

How is that?

Or that's just your opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Enjoy your kool-aid. When your golden boy falls flat on his face in the first 120 days, don't come crying to me. All you will get is an "I told you so!".

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The timeline came from your story. Did you even read the story you posted?

The left just gets more and more ridiculous. Wow just Wow!

Just keep on deflecting from reality.

When I spoke with the former spy, he appeared confident about his material—acknowledging these memos were works in progress—and genuinely concerned about the implications of the allegations. He came across as a serious and somber professional who was not eager to talk to a journalist or cause a public splash. He realized he was taking a risk, but he seemed duty bound to share information he deemed crucial. He noted that these allegations deserved a "substantial inquiry" within the FBI. Yet so far, the FBI has not yet said whether such an investigation has been conducted. As the former spy said to me, "The story has to come out."

link

The above is also from the story you posted. Notice the word allegations that means they have confirmed nothing. Then you see where it says that the FBI has not said whether an investigation has been conducted? Just what does that mean to you?

To me it means that every thing you posted was nothing more than speculation and rumor. Much the same as when the MSM said that Hillary had a 95% chance of winning the election. Keep grasping you look more foolish everyday.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Right, I don't read the articles on the links I post. I just don't draw the same conclusions or see the same correlations of events you do. Your correlations are made to fit your preconceived notions and support your bias, mine are based on discernment and knowledge of the conservative elitist agenda. The right has been off in the weeds for a long time trying to take America backwards and pursue a policy of exclusion. The majority of people who support you have a mistaken belief they will be included in the society you are seeking to create. They too will be stripped of the meager benefits they cling to at the expense of their time and effort to support the corporate superstructure they yearn to participate in. Its bait and switch all over again. None of the desired results of the rank and file will be realized. Instead, the conservative corporate elitist agenda will be advanced at their expense. The backlash will be tremendous and the response from the police state will be devastating.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Enjoy your kool-aid. When your golden boy falls flat on his face in the first 120 days, don't come crying to me. All you will get is an "I told you so!".

Cheers however my kool aid is only sourced from the finest liberal crybabies SJWs tears. Which to be honest its been a really good year for. Oh the outrage and insanity in those tears is so sweet mixed with kool aid mix of out right victory. They say red is the color of victory! The liberals drink a pastel colored blue blue kool aid mix you will notice their hair starts to change to that light blue or purple color. I think the blue dye does something to them because they have mental breakdowns and need coloring books and naptime right after.

Lol good or bad its not hillary or that sellout bernie sanders so I'm good

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Right, I don't read the articles on the links I post. I just don't draw the same conclusions or see the same correlations of events you do. Your correlations are made to fit your preconceived notions and support your bias, mine are based on discernment and knowledge of the conservative elitist agenda.

Wtf lol your so bias you still believe the 4chan fanfiction intel because it fits your preconceived notion that trump is evil or bad in someway lol. Your grip on reality is slipping and cant see your being made a fool of. Serously at this point its getting sad to watch all the trump is bad threads get destroyed everyday on ats because the liberals will cling to a story even when its a work of fan fiction as in your case.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

A fine work of fiction
Its laughable folks believe this bs.
Trump is a germaphobe AND hotel owner, hes not so dumb as to do anything so juvenile

Well all those Republican senators who hate gay people, turn out to be gay, so that line of thinking
is not the strongest of rebuttals.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The left has turned into nutcases. For years they call people conspiracy theorists but then Trump came along and they took it to a whole new level and made it mainstream with no back up or facts. It's embarrassing and makes leftists look really dumb and petty. I would keep letting them dig themselves a bigger grave, but now it has become juvenile and demented.
edit on 15-1-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
The left has turned into nutcases. For years they call people conspiracy theorists but then Trump came along and they took it to a whole new level and made it mainstream with no back up or facts. It's embarrassing and makes leftists look really dumb and petty. I would keep letting them dig themselves a bigger grave, but now it has become juvenile and demented.

Speaking of nutcases and absurdity... Remind me again, which side is putting all their stock in a 4chan post?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

My notion that Trump is bad and evil is not preconceived. It is substantiated by his past and current behavior. Your grip on grammar is slipping and you can't see you're making a fool of yourself. Trump is bad and regardless of what is getting "destroyed" by his sychophants here on ats, I believe his missteps will catch up with him sooner rather than later and he will end up destroying himself.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Who is this Christopher Steele and how much was he paid and who did he work for? Those are some of the questions that need to be answered.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jsfour
As far as who Steele is and who he works for,

“I know him as a very competent, professional operator who left the secret service and is now operating his own private company,” Andrew Wood, a former British ambassador to Russia, told the BBC last week. “I do not think he would make things up. I don't think he would, necessarily, always draw correct judgment, but that's not the same thing.” Toward the end of the Cold War, Steele, 52, served in the MI6, Britain’s version of the CIA, an agency created in the early 1900s so secretive that the British government didn’t officially acknowledge its existence until the 1990s. Steele began working for MI6 that same decade, with postings in in Moscow and then Paris. Steele left the intelligence agency in 2009 and founded Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd. The London-based firm, housed in a handsome headquarters with elaborate stonework on the balconies, specializes in investigations and intelligence-gathering, noting on its website “real-time source reporting on business and politics at all levels.”

Source
When it comes to who is paying him, or was paying him for his work investigating Trump,

Steele was initially hired by FusionGPS, a Washington-based political research firm, to investigate Trump on behalf of unidentified Republicans who wanted to stop Trump's bid for the party's nomination. Steele was kept on assignment by FusionGPS after Trump won the nomination and his information was circulated to Democratic Party figures and members of the media. Steele's dealings with the FBI on Trump, initially with the senior agent who had started the FIFA probe and then moved to a post in Europe, began in July. However, Steele cut off contact with the FBI about a month before the Nov. 8 election because he was frustrated by the bureau's slow progress.

Source
What is FusionGPS?

Fusion GPS is based in Washington, DC and provides premium research, strategic intelligence, and due diligence services to corporations, law firms, and investors worldwide. We offer a cross-disciplinary approach with expertise in media, politics, regulation, national security, and global markets.

FusionGPS
Christopher Steele is legit. Does he have an ulterior motive for trying to discredit Trump? Would he sacrifice/jeopardize his business and reputation for it? Seems he has activated his escape and evade plan and is probably hiding out in his safe house right now. He doesn't seem to be seeking the limelight and engaging in self promotion or cashing in on his newfound notoriety in any way at this point.
edit on 15-1-2017 by Icarus Rising because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join