It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi blames Bush for $9 trillion in debt added under Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: seeker1963

IMO during his first two years he really tried to do his 'change' agenda and figured out he had to play politics. His own party opposed him for a good portion of his first term. Don't disagree w/ya there.

They didn't disagree with him. They knew the policy wasn't right and waited to blame it on the other guys! Two wings on the same bird! The only power they have is that which we give them!

Just compare the extent of the division in this country at this point in time to those in power promoting it or being silent of it!

I love my country, I hate my government!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hmm.. remember FY starts in Oct of previous year, so FY2000 is Oct1999-Sep2000.

Wonder what really happened...

FY 2000 surplus 2.3% of GDP
FY 2001 surplus 1.2% of GDP (Clinton wrote, signed, remainder was during Bush's term)
FY 2002 deficit 1.5% of GDP
FY 2003 deficit 3.3% of GDP
FY 2004 deficit 3.4% of GDP
FY 2005 deficit 2.5% of GDP
FY 2006 deficit 1.8% of GDP
FY 2007 deficit 1.1% of GDP
FY 2008 deficit 3.1% of GDP
FY 2009 deficit 9.8% of GDP (Bush wrote, it didn't pass until 5 months after FY started, Obama signed it)
FY 2010 deficit 8.7% of GDP
FY 2011 deficit 8.5% of GDP
FY 2012 deficit 7.0% of GDP
FY 2013 deficit 5.5% of GDP
FY 2014 deficit 2.8% of GDP
FY 2015 deficit 2.5% of GDP
FY 2016 deficit ~3.1% of GDP (est)
FY 2017 deficit ~2.5% of GDP (Obama wrote, signed, remainder will be during Trump's term)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I for one, think it's nice that Trump will have a couple years to get his plans in the works before we have to deal with Trump haters blaming him for bad things. thanks for pointing this out.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Had Pelosis party not been kicked out of power in 2010.

That number would be higher.

The House is responsible for spending.

The greatest amount incurred with Pelosi was House speaker, and gave us 'shovel ready' bullsnip aka the Trillion stimulus.

The Union bailouts aka GM and the $100k Volt.

The 'Affordable' Shaft Act.

The NEW taxes that were created un Pelosi's party like the tobacco, and medicare capital gains surtax.

The raising of the capital gains rate.

The current administration, and the Pelosi.

Spent MORE than EVERYONE!

But hey people it's GW's 'fault'.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: mzinga

Enjoy the madness. I'm going to be laughing my ass off.

Your cousins from the U.K will, and ready ourselves for a total invasion (along with all the Aussie immigrants).

Who are you going to invade?

(please say California, please say California)

The Isle of Wight.

Or Jersey maybe.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Someone has been drinking her bath water again.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Another perspective:

figures from table 1.1 ...
White House

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Had Pelosis party not been kicked out of power in 2010.

That number would be higher.

The House is responsible for spending.

The greatest amount incurred with Pelosi was House speaker, and gave us 'shovel ready' bullsnip aka the Trillion stimulus.

The Union bailouts aka GM and the $100k Volt.

The 'Affordable' Shaft Act.

The NEW taxes that were created un Pelosi's party like the tobacco, and medicare capital gains surtax.

The raising of the capital gains rate.

The current administration, and the Pelosi.

Spent MORE than EVERYONE!

But hey people it's GW's 'fault'.

Out of the last 5 presidents (including Obama), only for President George W. Bush did the Dow Jones Industrial Average end lower than it started.

Beginning of G. W. Bush term: 10,588
End of G. W. Bush term: 7,949

I mean, there's a lot of bad stuff on that page, but that's a hell of a thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another perspective:

figures from table 1.1 ...
White House

You realize that's Fiscal Year and 2009 Fiscal Year started in OCTOBER OF 2008 right?

Just as Fiscal Year 2001 started in October 2000. That budget was passed by Clinton. Your chart is a lie; while the numbers aren't, the rows need to be shifted down by one. Maybe you forgot the 2007-2008 financial crisis that Bush ended with - that's why his last year was so bad, and why the recovery afterward was so slow.

That FY2009 row belongs under Bush, and the FY2001 row belongs under Clinton.
edit on 22Thu, 19 Jan 2017 22:53:57 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Nancy Pelosi is admitting her own lack of skill as a leader. She sounds like a pitiful bystander/victim.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

And how much did the Iraq clusterf@ck cost, and still costing via the interest.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

She is indeed pathetic.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: carewemust

She is indeed pathetic.

Yes. What's even sadder (for Democrats in this country) is that so much craziness has come from members and leaders of her party this past week.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Question cause the metric keeps changing... when the democrats cried the sky is falling, we were told a good DOW is not a metric of a healthy economy... (remember it was doing well before the final year when the recession hit)

Then under obama while the Fed was pumping money into the stock market (quantitative easing I think it was called) and it kept ballooning ... we were told look at the stock market the economy is fine... even though unemployment was climbing.

Looking at what I wrote now this is not really directed at you directly Greven... just something I have pondered for years that keeps getting over looked when we do the republican/democrat penis measuring.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude while somehow remembering where her car is and how to get to the down town area.

I hate to correct you, but Pelosi has a driver.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I guess Bush pulled her tits down to her knees too.

She must have had a rack to die for back in the day.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi blamed former President George W. Bush and the Republicans on Friday for the more than $9 trillion that has been added to the national debt under President Obama's watch. Pelosi argued that under Obama, the annual budget deficit, which contributes to the national debt, has been reduced dramatically, and said that without Obama's work, the national debt would be even higher. She also mostly blamed Bush for not paying for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

And you thought they were done blaming Bush.

Pelosi, while somehow remembering where her car is and how to get to the down town area, seems to be a tad bit bad at math.

The national debt has increased $9.3 trillion under Obama's watch, and has nearly doubled over the last eight years to $19.9 trillion.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating, you can't make this stuff up.

Classic, SOP for Pelosi.

She takes a statement that has a small shred of truth in it and then piles on mountains of crap hoping the single tiny shred of truth will somehow lend legitimacy to her ridiculous rantings.

I lived in CA when she was first elected. She was an extreme left winger then and she hasn't changed an iota. Her district is probably 40% just like her and then she uses a sh#t ton of congressional earmarks that benefit her district directly to ensure she gets a majority vote whenever she's up for re-election.

She is many things, but stupid isn't one of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You might be a Liberal if....

Obama is fine to blame anything for 8 years on Bush.

Trump is to blame for things before he's even President.

<< 1   >>

join