It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi blames Bush for $9 trillion in debt added under Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi blamed former President George W. Bush and the Republicans on Friday for the more than $9 trillion that has been added to the national debt under President Obama's watch. Pelosi argued that under Obama, the annual budget deficit, which contributes to the national debt, has been reduced dramatically, and said that without Obama's work, the national debt would be even higher. She also mostly blamed Bush for not paying for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

And you thought they were done blaming Bush.

Pelosi, while somehow remembering where her car is and how to get to the down town area, seems to be a tad bit bad at math.

The national debt has increased $9.3 trillion under Obama's watch, and has nearly doubled over the last eight years to $19.9 trillion.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating, you can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Awesome! Desperation to preserve some sort of legacy thats not luke warm at best, is very entertaining!

+14 more 
link   
a reply to: network dude

"The first 8 years of the Obama presidency are Bush's fault, but the last 8 years of Obama's presidency are Trump's fault."
-DBCowboy

(I really am proud of that quote)

link   
I wonder how long it will take for everything to be blamed on Obama (in the same fashion as Bush being a scapegoat).

Oh.... wait....

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi blamed former President George W. Bush and the Republicans on Friday for the more than $9 trillion that has been added to the national debt under President Obama's watch. Pelosi argued that under Obama, the annual budget deficit, which contributes to the national debt, has been reduced dramatically, and said that without Obama's work, the national debt would be even higher. She also mostly blamed Bush for not paying for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

And you thought they were done blaming Bush.

Pelosi, while somehow remembering where her car is and how to get to the down town area, seems to be a tad bit bad at math.

The national debt has increased $9.3 trillion under Obama's watch, and has nearly doubled over the last eight years to $19.9 trillion.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating, you can't make this stuff up.

I'm surprised that dummy isn't blaming Trump. But you know how it goes, Bush's deficit was Bush's fault, not Clinton's, and Obama's deficit was Bush's, not Obama's, and Trump's deficit will be Trump's fault (or Bush's), not Obama's...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Which mansion did she make that statement from?

roflmao

Gonna be a long 8 years for the Progressives unless they learn how to be humble and act like adults.........

Your party lost Nancy! Kick and scream if you want, but if you need a GO FUND ME PAGE to afford a pacifier I just might kick in a penny for the hell of it!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Obama was Bush's fault...Trump is Obama's fault.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Terrible, terrible governance.

Did they ever find that $2.3 Trillion the DOD announced was missing on 9/10/2001?

Although, that was Clinton's fault I believe?
edit on 13/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: Clinton's fault.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"The first 8 years of the Obama presidency are Bush's fault, but the last 8 years of Obama's presidency are Trump's fault."
-DBCowboy

...And the first 4 years of Trump's presidency are Russia's fault...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Didn't we have this discussion on another thread. You do realize that tax plans put in place before taking office and budgets put in place before taking office he inherited.

Again it is 'headline' news for the sake of getting people fired up and outraged without knowing all of the contributing factors.

I don't think anyone is saying Obama was a financial wizard while in office, but the first 2.5 years or so of his term (Or any other president for that matter) were a result of previous administrations.

If we pile up a massive debt due to deficits put in by Obama policies and those numbers show up under Trump's watch, most Trump hater's would even bother making it a headline. I'm sure we will have plenty of other fodder to public consumption. Most of us don't follow the pivot/partial/outrage news other than hardcore lib's and most faux news watchers. Most of us are closer to the middle than most people realize.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I wonder how long it will take for everything to be blamed on Obama (in the same fashion as Bush being a scapegoat).

Oh.... wait....

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

And when the Trump administration doesn't pull childish # like that, we should expect to hear form you again?

edit on 13-1-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

People are blaming Trump for things now.

He hasn't even been sworn in and it'll be Trump's fault.

Enjoy the madness. I'm going to be laughing my ass off.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: DBCowboy

Didn't we have this discussion on another thread. You do realize that tax plans put in place before taking office and budgets put in place before taking office he inherited.

Again it is 'headline' news for the sake of getting people fired up and outraged without knowing all of the contributing factors.

I don't think anyone is saying Obama was a financial wizard while in office, but the first 2.5 years or so of his term (Or any other president for that matter) were a result of previous administrations.

If we pile up a massive debt due to deficits put in by Obama policies and those numbers show up under Trump's watch, most Trump hater's would even bother making it a headline. I'm sure we will have plenty of other fodder to public consumption. Most of us don't follow the pivot/partial/outrage news other than hardcore lib's and most faux news watchers. Most of us are closer to the middle than most people realize.

Sure, Presidents do inherit policies of other presidents!

Here is the HUGE problem of Obama's presidency! He had 2 years to do what he wanted to do while the Democrats had both the House and Senate! Why did he wait till they lost that cushion? I have NEVER in my 54 years of life on this planet seen nor heard of a political administration that did nothing more than BLAME everyone else for their toxic policies on other administrations before them as Obama and his lackeys have done!

If Trump fails in the same manner, I will hold him to the same fire!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Bush, Obama, congress, lobbyists, etc...they are all to blame.

Not one person is at fault.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Your cousins from the U.K will, and ready ourselves for a total invasion (along with all the Aussie immigrants).

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Same ol' Nancy, same ol' yakity yak.

Nancy Pelosi Pass the Bill to find out what's in Obamacare

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Your cousins from the U.K will, and ready ourselves for a total invasion (along with all the Aussie immigrants).

Who are you going to invade?

(please say California, please say California)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think the 3 Trillion dollar War On Terror, Iraq, Afghanistan, breaking of the 7th seal was Bush's fault to extent,
but I think Obama is to blame for continuing it to some degree, also I am not sure if there was any turning back after the
ME was destabilized.

To me there is plenty to blame, especially Reagan as his is the God Father of the modern national debt.
He created more debt in one term than did ALL the presidents before him, Washington to Carter.
We are still paying a huge amount of interests on that, which is compounding... But it is all compounding

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How much is the faily interest on bush jr deficit, its not 9 trillion but i bet ya its more than a few millions.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

IMO during his first two years he really tried to do his 'change' agenda and figured out he had to play politics. His own party opposed him for a good portion of his first term. Don't disagree w/ya there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join