It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Israel attack Syria last night?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeP2247

"In conventional war - Russia cannot last much past 14 days"

By which time they will have suffered sufficient loss to there conventional forces, never mind lost the air war, and may be forced into some kind of nuclear response.

I don't think nuclear war is on the cards ether but if there was another world war some form of nuclear exchange of a limited capacity or otherwise could indeed be on the cards.

Keep in mind that human beings don't invent tools and weapons that they do not use, Harry S.Truman dropped two nuclear devices just because he could, and to scare off the soviets.

Trump, who in my opinion is a couple of tinnys short of a six pack probobly would not even bat an eyelid at the idea if he thought or believed it would win him the day or make monies for him and his billionaire chums.
edit on 13-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I don't know how this posted 3 times and I am sorry - just proves I am too old to be adept at computers I guess

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yes precisely.... you just repeated Prophets and Writings. The Torah quotes you give state nothing about todays Jews returning to modern day Israel.

Torah, Neviim , Ketuvim are all seperate writings bro, get your $h!t straight!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Torah, Neviim , Ketuvim are all seperate writings bro, get your $h!t straight!

And which of these historical fairy tales is supposed to provide a modern legitimacy to the zionist project of Eretz ISrael ?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If we were really intent on destroying Russia as a country - but that is not the game here - maybe strategic or tactical exchanges of such weapons IF it were the desired political outcome. But it is really not.

OK - lets say it is 10 years ago and I am still a grad student at Norwich - this is how I remember the game.

Their navy is destroyed totally in the first phase - maybe an hour maybe less. All surface ships are pre-targeted - they go first. All their boomers are tracked by our attack subs - they immediately follow - the entire Russian Navy is destroyed in a few hours of the first shots. All of it.

The air force is next - every single time they try and put a mig up - AWACS picks them up and they are immediately shot down. We will not allow them to get an air force up - and this before, mind you, F22 and F35s were even a consideration.

If Russia even tries to put an army in the field with no air cover - entire formations will be evaporated.

We are that good - our kids are that good.

And Russia knows all of this - they are just gambling we would not do it. We absolutely will.

It does not game so well with China - so you know.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: nOraKat

...It is openly stated in books written by the founders of Zionism that the means by which they planned to establish a state was by instigating anti-Semitism, and undermining the security of the Jews in all the lands of the world, until they would be forced to flee to their state. And thus they did - They intentionally infuriated the German people and fanned the flames of Nazi hatred...

It is curious how all the anti-Semitism broke out all around the world like something orchestrated.

So I will ask this if you have any idea -

What is all of this for?

Why such a monstrous effort by the Zionists to make this happen (establish Israel)?

What is the true reason?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It does not.

The entire government as a whole does not have to agree or share objectives. The Gov't is very compartmentalized.

I suspect the Deep State which calls the shots (in regards to war and military operations) are in cahoots with Israel.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Im not saying we don't have the technological capability's to destroy Russia but i don't think it would be quite as cut and dry as the scenarios you describe.

Lets just say the UK would not fair to well in any limited nuclear exchange, we may even be a potential prime target given our susceptibility to such attack never mind less than around a few mins to a half hour warning.
China's not a significant military threat yet, give it 20-30 years and they will be on parity with the rest of the top nuclear armed nations but i don't see them causing any grief militarily before then.

Financially however, geopolitically, now there China is indeed problematic.
edit on 13-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Look - this has NOTHING to do with antisemitism or anything like that I am sure. Israel is a big boy and can handle that themselves. This is about the reactions of different states to threats to their states. That is all. Israel provided us with critical information about certain defenses - and for that we should thank them.

We are almost surely going to war now - and as Bush said - you are either with us or against us - one of the very few things he ever said that make sense now. And I am SO PISSED OFF AT HIM - for detouring my kid to Iraq instead of Afghanistan you have no idea.

I would just remind you Trump-at-all-cost people of one simple truth - congress declares wars, not the president, not in our democracy. And as of right now the true conservatives like McCain are very lined up with true liberals like Schumer on this.

Russia just bit off a lot more than they can chew. Putin is really going down. What an idiot to test us this way.

I really don't have anything more to say - writing on the wall is that clear.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You are from the UK - rest assured what we do now is very much in concert with the UK, Canada and I think Germany.

It is all the same threat to the US - we will NEVER allow them to touch you - in any way.

I will say - our country was born in violence - grew powerful in violence and that "cowboy" crap Bush played - it is based in fact.

I would read the book "The History of Violence in America" right now if I were Putin - and if he ever does he should be #ting in his pants.

For good or bad, the UK and Canada are tied to the same fate.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

U.S. Intelligence Officials Warning Israeli Counterparts Against Sharing Info With Trump Administration

Israeli intelligence officials are concerned that the exposure of classified information to their American counterparts under a Trump administration could lead to their being leaked to Russia and onward to Iran, investigative journalist Ronen Bergman reported by Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot on Thursday.

The intelligence concerns, which have been discussed in closed forums recently, are based on suspicions of unreported ties between President-elect Donald Trump, or his associates, and the government of Vladimir Putin in Moscow.

Now, considering the real reasons, the US went after Syria :

Sectarian genocide could be a "positive" for Israel & The West

That was under the old US administration. There is still no way of telling what the Trump administration will do on Israel. Trump has surrounded himself with Russophiles (Rex Tillerson), Islamophobes (Michael Flynn), pro-settlement fanatics (David Friedman), foreign policy neophytes (Jared Kushner), and voices of the traditional foreign policy establishment (James Mattis). When we add to this mix a thin-skinned, erratic, totally inexperienced, and ideology-free commander in chief, what we have is not a “pro-Israel president” but an unpredictable mess. The upcoming US policy in the middle-east will remain driven by the US attitude towards Israel.

edit on 14-1-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You keep lying about this.

Russia would not be defeated within 14 days in a conventional war. Such a claim is laughable. There would be no solely conventional war since your expressed intent is "regime change", they would use the nuclear option since you have left them no alternatives.

Lets run through this scenario. America is going to war with Russia, stated intent is regime change. For all intents and purposes to the Russian Establishment this is the destruction of the Russian State. The primary goal of all States is to continue the survival of the State. What options do they have?

1. They could negotiate before hostilities begin. Which they won't because US Demands are unreasonable. The only outcome here is destruction of the Russian State, as it currently exists.

2. They could wage a conventional war to force the US to negotiate. Conventional would probably put them at a worse position at the negotiating table, leaving America to make whatever ridiculous demands it wants. Again the outcome here is destruction of the Russian State.

3. They could go for the nuclear option. With this option they have a chance, however astronomically remote and unlikely, to destroy the US' nuclear forces before retaliation. Leaving Russia free to use nuclear weapons against any target they wish with no fear of any retaliation. If this is successful then they can dictate whatever terms for peace they want. If this fails then the outcome is the destruction of the Russian State, which is identical to the other two options.

The chances of this succeeding are incredibly remote, and under normal circumstances would not even be considered, but it is the only course of action available to them.

I have already proven in an earlier thread that you claiming to go to "war college" is a lie, you did not attend any war college, nor did you run any war games, since you are under the impression that West Point Academy is a national-level war college. Which it isn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That was 10 years ago assuming it was even true then which is honestly doubt, and we've had Obama in the interim.
edit on 14-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I am not an Israel supporter - but just how many acts of war has Russia committed??

What does that have to do with Isreal? Factually, Russia is there in Syria by invite of the government.. So actually, no acts of war. And not in Isreal. It's Isreal who has factually violated Syrian sovereignty, multiple times, and committed acts of aggression.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I hear a lot of folk talking about war but who is going to fight it.?

The average American does not have the heart, the stomach, the faith or enough trust in government to sign up to fight a war with Russia at this time.

You can't get them from behind their keyboards, or to release their cell phones, long enough to even eat; unless they are going to Twitter Russia to death, I see this war as a virtual fascination only.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join