It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of the "Russian Dossier" on Trump Narrative

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ben Swann delivered a very interesting analysis for those Russian claims :

Russia has been US historical scarecrow for years, now it is a scapegoat.
Scapegoating is typically appreciated by people who wish to distract themselves from their own failures.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Trump, fisa warrant, investigation, he's done.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Ben Swann delivered a very interesting analysis for those Russian claims :

Russia has been US historical scarecrow for years, now it is a scapegoat.
Scapegoating is typically appreciated by people who wish to distract themselves from their own failures.

Traitor to the American people. The alt right movement is dead. Trump is done.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Trump associates are being watched. FISA warrant has been issued. FISA warrant grants full wiretap access. Trump and associates violated the Logan Act, a law signed by John Adams.

Our founders were smart. Trump is anti American. He's done.

George Bush demonstrated POTUS doesn't need any stinkin' FISA warrant. It would make sense if Barack followed suit.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Traitor to the American people. The alt right movement is dead. Trump is done.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Exactly!!!! Listening to all the accusations by the intelligence community and leftists against Trump's supposed ties to Russia, you'd think Russians would have to have been so stupid to have been so obvious in their attempt to control us , and as someone who has met a few Russians, I can positively say that Russians are not stupid, not all of them anyway. Not by a long shot!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

WHY IN THE BLUE HELL WOULD RUSSIA EVER ALLOW ANY OF THIS DOSSIER TO GET OUT TO THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES!?!?!?!?!?!?

This makes zero sense, people. If you are trying to blackmail or extort someone, you would stay 100% SILENT about it except to the individual being blackmailed.

This reminds me of all those times the Donnie Don Don tried to tell us that we had to sneak up on ISIS all careful like and not let them know we were coming. Donnie - so good at the art of war

Perhaps Donald is not of any use to him now? He is being investigated after all - and its not like people are going to let all this go. The plan maybe was only to throw us into chaos and confusion? Mission accomplished

I'm sure Donald thinks they have an arrangement - and that Putin will honor that arrangement

I'm thinking this is not going to get any prettier
edit on 1/14/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain
It could very well just be a campaign of innuendo, I believe there was this guy named Barack HUSSEIN Obama
who knows a great deal about those kinds of tactics... But to me, there is clearly a Russian connection between Trump and Russia and Vlady.

Here is an article from before Obama was even president indicating the Trump family's ties to the nation and indicating a strategic business alliance with the nation. There is a TON of evidence linking the family with the country...

www.eturbonews.com...

Anyways, to me it makes sense that they wanted Trump, Russia just essentially kicked the US out of the European energy
game since Obama's policy will no longer be upheld (AKA install a friendly government in Syria to prevent Russia from building their strategic pipeline) and plus since Trump is invested in Russia, it makes sense that he wants to build them up.

It also makes sense that Russia would collect some serious DIRT on Trump because it is the Russian thing to do, culturally speaking, Russians are into blackmail and psychological games. The great Russian novels are psychological expositions in nature for example, it is how they do things.

I do agree that I am not sure why they would leak them no except to maybe indicate to Trump that they have his number, again, another Russian thing to do. Good Ol Vlady can use plausible deniability as they have been doing this whole time and Trump won't know what the hell the truth is, but he will know he has to play nice.

But who really knows

classic example of people believing what they want to believe even when they know its innuendo and false. Oh and never mind that the entire Elite One World Government has been bullish on China and giving China our corporations and jobs and importing everything back while destroying the trade balance. Yep good thing Hillary sat on the board of Wal Mart... strange how it changed from all American to Chinese and other countries... yah but keep adding to the bs that is Elite NWO disinfo.
edit on 14-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

WHY IN THE BLUE HELL WOULD RUSSIA EVER ALLOW ANY OF THIS DOSSIER TO GET OUT TO THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES!?!?!?!?!?!?

This makes zero sense, people. If you are trying to blackmail or extort someone, you would stay 100% SILENT about it except to the individual being blackmailed.

This reminds me of all those times the Donnie Don Don tried to tell us that we had to sneak up on ISIS all careful like and not let them know we were coming. Donnie - so good at the art of war

Perhaps Donald is not of any use to him now? He is being investigated after all - and its not like people are going to let all this go. The plan maybe was only to throw us into chaos and disarray? Mission accomplished

I'm sure Donald thinks they have an arrangement - and that Putin will honor that arrangement

I'm thinking this is not going to get any prettier

You DO know that it was someone else and not Russia who created ISIS???? Even the name ISIS smacks of secret society activity...I find it humorous that the DNC and stooges like McCain trying to make it appear that Donald and Russia created it.... what a load.....
edit on 14-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Nobody can convince me that whoever leaked this rumor to public had the best interest of the USA in it's heart. No one.

It's interesting you said that. If it's true - I can definitely see someone leaking it - it had to be put out there. Keeping it locked up behind the scenes allows for this whole charade to continue uninterrupted

But, what if it's part of a sting? What if there's more (not too far fetched) and this was a sample of something true - released to get a reaction, and prompt action(s)?

What if it's exactly what it looks like? Information collected by someone that does this for a living - that he then passed on to the proper authorities because he knew exactly what it meant?

Stay tuned...

What I think is so interesting about all this is that none of us knows. It's a crazy story

I like this take on it - it's from a left wing rag, so I don't expect some of you to read it:

If collusion doesn’t explain his behavior, what does?

don’t believe Donald Trump colluded with Russia to hack the Democratic National Committee. I don’t think anyone working on Trump’s behalf met with anyone working for Vladimir Putin. That allegation—which appeared in clearly erroneous form in the sketchy “dossier” published by BuzzFeed on Tuesday—could turn out to be true. But nothing I’ve seen so far, dossier included, has convinced me.

But that leaves all of us with a problem: How do we explain the overtly pro-Russian behavior of Trump and his surrogates? If they’re not Russian puppets, why do they work so hard to defend Putin and Russia against American investigators and reporters? Why do they divert blame to other countries and victims of the hack? Why, instead of targeting the Russian intelligence agencies that infiltrated us, do they attack the American intelligence agencies that exposed the Russians?

I can't post all of it here - but Mr. Saletan's argument is dispassionate, logical - and insightful

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Long and short of it is that I would rather work long term with Russians than radical Islamic regimes.

So for you it's not about what's right or wrong - it's about picking the poison that looks and acts like you?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You DO know that it was someone else and not Russia who created ISIS???? Even the name ISIS smacks of secret society activity...I find it humorous that the DNC and stooges like McCain trying to make it appear that Donald and Russia created it.... what a load.....

My post didn't actually have anything to do with ISIS. Just sayin' :-)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Perhaps its to teach him a lesson? A slap on the wrist if you will for doing something they didnt like.

Perhaps its to let him know he needs to stay in line?

My guess is IF any of this is true , which it very well may not be, this isnt the ONLY thing they have on Trump.

I personally don't understand why this isn't a bigger part of the conversation. Especially with Trumps attitude towards the IC, and having received a message not to mess with them. Then all of a sudden that very same community is supplying this while also giving a shoulder shrug and claiming "I don't know, might be true might not".

I'm not a genius but I can see through that.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The dossier was created by former MI6 operative Chris Steele not Russia. Its a compilation of third party rumor, gossip, inuendo collected from anon, paid informants and internet sources.

Pissgate originated from 4chan originally as a story trolling Rick Wilson and his son Andrew.

John McCain serves only himself. Most fitting for the "war hero" who tirelessly fought to supress evidence of the hundreds of US soldiers left behind in Vietnam. He can finally be the hero he's always wanted to be by jumping on this grenade.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

It can't be true, right?

When it comes to American politics.

It isn't.

Truth is the first casualty.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Such anger in your partisan posturing!

Chill out a bit?

How so when neither one of you guys live in the states.

Sounds like Foreign interventionism in our political process.

But dats' bad only if either of you two were Russian.

edit on 16-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

It's not too hard to imagine a scenario of a blackmailer contacting Trump and saying, `We have intel on you that we'll leak to the press if you don't pay our demands.'

Trump and his cohorts ignore the blackmailer thinking, `Ha, we managed to win the election even though president-elect Trump was recorded on tape saying, "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful [women]—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." Even if the Russians have compromising information they can't hurt us. Ignore it.'

So what's a blackmailer to do? Obviously you start to leak details to the press to show you mean business.

Funny you should say that. Here is the best analysis of the actual document by someone who is familiar with the KGB house style:

There are two possible explanations for the fly-on-the-wall claims of the Orbis report: Either its author (who is not Mr. Steele) decided to write fiction, or collected enough gossip to fill a 30-page report, or a combination of the two. The author of the Orbis report has one more advantage: He knew that what he was writing was unverifiable. He advertises himself as the only Kremlin outsider with enough “reliable” contacts to explain what is really going within Putin’s office.

As someone who has worked for more than a decade with the microfilm collection of Soviet documents in the Hoover Institution Archives, I can say that the dossier itself was compiled by a Russian, whose command of English is far from perfect and who follows the KGB (now FSB) practice of writing intelligence reports, in particular the practice of capitalizing all names for easy reference. The report includes Putin’s inner circle – Peskov, Ivanov, Sechin, Lavrov. The anonymous author claims to have “trusted compatriots” who knew the roles that each Kremlin insider, including Putin himself, played in the Trump election saga and were prepared to tell him.

Paul Roderick Gregory [Excerpted. --DJW001]

My hunch is that this was initially floated as a trap for the Clinton campaign: tempt them to use unverifiable and false claims to further undermine their credibility. The document is now fulfilling another goal: reminding the President-Elect that he may be vulnerable, even if he has done nothing wrong.

edit on 16-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Paul Roderick Gregory ...

How about the "brilliant" Russo-phobic (and of course in retrospect erroneous) previous statements from the guy :

Forbes Magazine's Doomsday Preacher

Like a fanatical preacher, who keeps moving ahead his prediction of the end of the world as each new date comes and passes, Forbes magazine's Paul Roderick Gregory has worked himself into a lather screaming that the Russian military invasion of Ukraine is imminent! It's coming! It's already taking place!

Ukrainian defense analysts and coup-appointed military leaders in Kiev (no conflict of interest there?) are reporting on the invasion, War of the Worlds-style, and Gregory is there, his fingers burning up the keyboard, to dutifully report.

Any invasion would be deeply regrettable, it goes without saying. However, as with Crimean secession, none of this would be taking place without the US-backed coup in Kiev. Action/reaction/consequences.

If it does happen, by then Paul Roderick Gregory will have worked himself into such a state that his fingers may actually explode, one by one, like firecrackers on the keyboard!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

And not just for the logical reasons you mention.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

So Russia did not send troops into Ukraine and seize Crimea? Thank you for clearing that up for us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join