It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of the "Russian Dossier" on Trump Narrative

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: burdman30ott6

it's probably a setup.

Probably, or it is a setup? Perhaps it is a distraction and there is more to it. Perhaps there is nothing to it.

That's why I don't understand why people are taking a stance on these recent issues from either side. It seems most logical to wait and see what happens. To say it is real or false at this point does not make much sense. There is too much propaganda and disinformation being spread to make an informed decision.

Perhaps our focus should be elsewhere like Syria, these stories are there for distraction ...

That could be true. I think we can keep an eye on many things at once, but you are correct that issues like this can be distracting.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Ok. Well, let's agree on this one and leave your personal feeling about me out of this.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I for one knowing Donalds past proclivities would not discount a sex tape existing.

I think Trump knew early on that his flamboyant lifestyle would eventually be brought up. I don't care how many golden showers he had but cozying up to the commies is just not done. When you become leader of the free world you better be squeaky clean; But golden showers won't do it.....

www.ibtimes.com...
edit on 13-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I for one knowing Donalds past proclivities would not discount a sex tape existing.

I think Trump knew early on that his flamboyant lifestyle would eventually be brought up. I don't care how many golden showers he had but cozying up to the commies is just not done. When you become leader of the free world you better be squeaky clean; But golden showers won't do it.....

www.ibtimes.com...

so it was you in that hotel room?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There is a false flag here.....not the first time US intel agencies have "let" things happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: introvert

There is too much propaganda and disinformation being spread to make an informed decision

Isn't that the point?

Agreed. It's becoming very clear that is *exactly* the point. And, it's hard to know how to take cover when you don't know where the shots are coming from. This is really unprecedented.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It's absolutely true. Trump is very well know for hiring hookers to pee on things.
It's his favorite past time. It's "what he does".

I didn't say he definitively does, but how do you know he doesn't?

You don't.

You have absolutely no idea.

You just choose to think its not possible because that fits the narrow band of your fandom.

edit on 13/1/17 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

So I guess that's the default standard now? Going forward -Tit/Tat...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: network dude
It's absolutely true. Trump is very well know for hiring hookers to pee on things.
It's his favorite past time. It's "what he does".

I didn't say he definitively does, but how do you know he doesn't?

You don't.

You have absolutely no idea.

You just choose to think its not possible because that fits the narrow band of your fandom.

All I have is the common sense I was born with, and the facts that have already come to light regarding this incident. I'm sorry if that leads me to the conclusion it's made up. You are free to rent a billboard promoting this story if that's where your "common sense" leads you. I sure as hell can't stop you.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Its been manufactured that way, so I guess it is?

I'm not picking a side in this, what I'm trying to do is point out that people's thinking is clouded.

For anyone to come onto ATS and say that this is definitively not true is BS
Similarly, no one can claim it is completely true.

It is all a matter of opinion, in a fact free world.

As I said elsewhere, because of the complexities of the situation, and the really rather shady world of intelligence communities, this is Schrodingers News Story.

Its true and not true at the same time

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: kosmicjack

Its been manufactured that way, so I guess it is?

I'm not picking a side in this, what I'm trying to do is point out that people's thinking is clouded.

For anyone to come onto ATS and say that this is definitively not true is BS
Similarly, no one can claim it is completely true.

It is all a matter of opinion, in a fact free world.

As I said elsewhere, because of the complexities of the situation, and the really rather shady world of intelligence communities, this is Schrodingers News Story.

Its true and not true at the same time

I agree, we are all being played

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Your "common sense" is entirely subjective to you.

As I've said, I have no idea if its true or not.

You are not dealing in absolutes here, particularly with the vagaries of the intelligence community, and the internet where anyone can claim to be anything.

The fallacy is to dismiss one side, simply because it does not suit you.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Okay, I definite;y agree with that. There are precious few definitives to had.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

'Making sense' and butthurt liberal logic have been at war with each other for god knows how long that they have taken a shine to all 'fake news' because therein lies their confirmation bias.

Russia stole the election from Hillary, Hillary has never lied and Trump will usher in the Apocalypse - butthurt liberals 100% believe this tripe, and more.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Your "common sense" is entirely subjective to you.

As I've said, I have no idea if its true or not.

You are not dealing in absolutes here, particularly with the vagaries of the intelligence community, and the internet where anyone can claim to be anything.

The fallacy is to dismiss one side, simply because it does not suit you.

If you have actually looked into this and still think it's real or even plausable, I guess we have vastly different definitions of "common sense".

tvenbcnews.nbcuni.com...

Key parts, 6:30, 7:45 and best of all 8:58

And no, I won't be presenting a full text version for the lazy, if you choose not to watch it, that's fine.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well his whole argument in the OP is a good point.

If you, Introvert, dance naked under the full moon flipping glitter through the air, and that is the most shameful of things in society. Then you wouldn't want anyone else to know you do it. So if someone like Augustus ever discovered that you did it and took pics ... You'd live in fear that he would release those pics to everyone else to prove to them what a disgusting person you are.

Augustus might just keep your secret shame between the two of your or he might come to you with those pictures and say, "Hey, I know we could keep this just between us, or ... I could pop these up and Facebook and tag everyone you and I know, maybe your employer, maybe all the worst old gossips known to man ... But I'd be happy to just not say anything if you maybe kept sending my a couple bottles of prime whiskey every month. Whatdaya say?"

And if you wanted your secret to stay safe, you'd comply. That's how blackmail works.

Although usually it's people in positions of power who don't want the public to know and the payments demanded are monetary.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

But you don't trust the intelligence community because you believe that their claims about the DNC hack and Russian influence on the US election wasn't true and designed to smear Trump - so why are you suggesting that NBC's unnamed senior intelligence official (who by the way, in that terminology is as legit as the claims of a supposed ex-MI6 agent) is right now?

Do you see what I'm saying here? What you are doing is cherry picking the narrative to suit your belief.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

In the same manner as butthurt right wing racist/facists were at war with logic over claims that Obama was a Kenyan muslim and took a shine to fake news because of their confirmation bias?

Sucks, doesn't it?

edit on 13/1/17 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

And if Trump likes golden showers? Bill Clinton apparently liked cigars.

The whole point behind this "leak" is to try to paint Trump as a Manchurian candidate.

The '80s called. They want their foreign policy and boogeyman back. There's about as much hard evidence that Trump is a Russian puppet as there was to definitively say that Obama was a secret Muslim.

Do I think Trump is less inclined to be immediately hostile to Russia, like Obama was less inclined to be immediately hostile to tyrranical ME Islamic regimes? Possibly. But the hard truth is that while Russia is our adversary and direct competitor and not a friend, there are events I can see and issues where we are going to need them to be at least our frenemy.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There's about as much hard evidence that Trump is a Russian puppet as there was to definitively say that Obama was a secret Muslim.

U-huh. I agree.

But there are still elements on the right would have you believe the latter, so I would expect these claims to run and run and run...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join