It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of the "Russian Dossier" on Trump Narrative

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: burdman30ott6

it's probably a setup.

Probably, or it is a setup? Perhaps it is a distraction and there is more to it. Perhaps there is nothing to it.

That's why I don't understand why people are taking a stance on these recent issues from either side. It seems most logical to wait and see what happens. To say it is real or false at this point does not make much sense. There is too much propaganda and disinformation being spread to make an informed decision.

Because our press is fear mongering and inciting hordes of violent Democrats to take violent action to stop a democratic election.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The dossier was compiled by a private firm, Orbis Business Intelligence, that had been contracted to do opposition research — not Russian intelligence. Specifically, the person who compiled it has been identified as former MI6 officer Christopher Steele.

Christopher Steele is legit. He was recruited into MI6 from Cambridge, was stationed in Moscow in the 90's and then apparently in Paris. From what I read, he was the officer assigned to Alexander Litvinenko, the Russian defector assassinated in 2006, in London, by the FSB. He apparently retired from MI6 eight years ago for the private sector.
edit on 2017-1-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Your assessment is bolloc.s. You forget that the info was collected by a ex British MI6 guy using his connections in Russia. This is why he has gone into hiding.

The info is unsubstantiated, true, but this is "pre intelligence" intelligence. Confirming the content comes next.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It can't be true, right?

I mean, its about Trump, so it just can't be true? Not by virtue of clear thinking, just by proclamation.

Not the Donald. No.

Except.. honey traps are a staple of the intelligence community, and have been since the dawn of time. Especially for rich businessmen with a predilection for younger women who like to "grab 'em by the ....." (and openly admit to doing so)

Not only that but every intelligence agency worth its salt would be aware of the predilection and anything associated with it that happens within is sphere of influence and/or to persons of interest like, say a rich businessman with a world wide portfolio of investments.

And this is what I find laughable. People are so, so very far up Trumps backside that they really are not thinking straight.

Russia does not have to have "released" anything. If - and I'm saying if because I don't know for sure - such a thing exists it will be common knowledge in certain clandestine circles.

Of course, Trump is going to deny it if its true. It's #storm central.

So lets think like conspiracy theorists.

The long game here, however shows a pattern of plays that have been made in terms of being nice to the Russians, praising Putin, suggesting better ties, slandering his own intelligence community and decrying stories as fake news.

If you were president elect, with everything at stake and you knew that somewhere along the line something might come out, wouldn't that be a clever strategy to either dismiss it or trivialise/minimise its impact - especially with such fervent rabid support ?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Which just goes to show you that those in power wanted to use anything in order to destabilize the United states of America? How are you not seeing it?

Who in his right mind, would go public with a bloody rumor and for what reason? The reason is clear, at least to me. They want to create as much mess as possible in the USA. Shouldn't you be worried about your intelligence agencies being used a tool in a damn political game?

Nobody can convince me that whoever leaked this rumor to public had the best interest of the USA in it's heart. No one.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What "trick ponies" TPTB use are no concern to me. I don't have to follow or believe a certain narrative in order to put myself in a position in which evidence is presented to prove what is asserted, or to wait for time to let the story die.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

it's probably a setup.

Probably, or it is a setup? Perhaps it is a distraction and there is more to it. Perhaps there is nothing to it.

That's why I don't understand why people are taking a stance on these recent issues from either side. It seems most logical to wait and see what happens. To say it is real or false at this point does not make much sense. There is too much propaganda and disinformation being spread to make an informed decision.

Because our press is fear mongering and inciting hordes of violent Democrats to take violent action to stop a democratic election.

That hyperbolic bull#.

The press has not been inciting violence.

If you have to inject drama to make a point, perhaps it was a weak point to begin with.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There's such thing as fabricated evidence, what you also need is perspective and context, and from what I've seen from you, you are not a objective person

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

There's such thing as fabricated evidence, what you also need is perspective and context,

Correct. And that is why I said it's best to wait and see what transpires. We need perspective and context before we jump to conclusions.

and from what I've seen from you, you are not a objective person

How can I be any more objective when I've already said we need to be patient? Are you not comprehending or are you trying to take petty pot-shots, even though I am doing exactly what you want...waiting for perspective and context?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Why are you taking this personally? I had no ill intention when I said you are not, and can't be objective about politics, when it's concerning you.

No matter what happens next, we will not be able to see the true context and perspective about this kind off things, for another 30-40 years. It always takes time in politics to analyze past events, but when you know what happens after, it's a whole lot easier to understand certain things. The only thing that we can do now is guess based upon our biases and logic.

edit on 534k2017Fridaypm014 by Nikola014 because: bad english

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Why are you taking this personally? I had no ill intention when I said you are not, and can't be objective about politics, when it's concerning you.

Why did you make it personal? Saying that I cannot be objective regarding politics, when that is exactly what I am doing in this case, means you lack comprehension or want to take childish shots at me.

Which is it?

The only thing that we can do now is guess based upon our biases and logic.

Or you can do as I suggested and simply wait it out without guessing at all.

Taking a guess based on bias and "logic" indicates a lack of objectivity. It appears you are contradicting yourself a bit.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Absolutely they have. They've let this idea float that Trump is an illegitimate president and now they're even implying he's some sort of Russian spy. Somebody's going to take action because of that. One Democrat already tried to kill Trump during the campaign. And let's not forget all the Democrat mob beatings of trump supporters that happened across the country and especially in San Jose.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

It's absolutely true. Trump is very well know for hiring hookers to pee on things.
It's his favorite past time. It's "what he does".

Nothing about this seems suspect in any way, in fact, I think everyone does this type of thing. Surely you are into the golden shower scene right?

I mean hell, you could have even been in the room with them. It's not like anyone could deny it or you could prove otherwise.
Yea, after thinking on this, it MUST be true. It just makes to much sense not to be.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Stop being a drama queen. No one tried to kill Trump and the media is not inciting violence.

It's tough to have a reasonable discussion if people are going to approach these sorts of issues with pearls clutched and panties twisted.

Save the hyperbole for the teenagers.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It's not my concern if you take things that I say personally, that's all up to you.

Second, what exactly are you waiting for? For evidence which you will not be able to confirm nor deny during the next couple of years? Time will need to go by in order for us to be able to understand the context and to verify presented evidence and filter the fake ones.

So, if by being patient you mean to hold on for a couple of years, then I agree with you, but if you're saying just wait till the fake news and political tools give us some fabricated evidence in order for us to make up our minds, than I strongly disagree.

And how exactly am I contradicting myself? I know how these things work. I've seen them play out so many times before. That's where my bias and logic come from. From a history of being fooled around by idiots. I am sorry if you are unable to recognize the same old pattern, but the pattern is very real

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Time will need to go by in order for us to be able to understand the context and to verify presented evidence and filter the fake ones.

That's pretty much exactly what I said.

So, if by being patient you mean to hold on for a couple of years, then I agree with you, but if you're saying just wait till the fake news and political tools give us some fabricated evidence in order for us to make up our minds, than I strongly disagree.

My words are clear and in plain English. You can go back and read what I have said so that you can clear up any confusion.

And how exactly am I contradicting myself?

You are contradicting yourself by saying that I cannot be objective, when my comments on this issue show absolute objectivity, and then say that all we can do is guess based on bias and logic.

You ridicule me for not being objective, but your own approach lacks objectivity.

Contradiction and hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have to dive in ... but i shouldn't

There probably is a lot of acceptable "truthyness", exagerations and verity too,
buried in there, some where...

It does'nt bother me, really :!

To be honest, with all of these 'snippets' ...
and non stop pres elect everywheeeere
nahhn ther's something else brewing

The big white elephant, trying to mask the mamouth in the porcelain shop

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

it's probably a setup.

Perhaps our focus should be elsewhere like Syria, these stories are there for distraction ...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

it's probably a setup.

Perhaps our focus should be elsewhere like Syria, these stories are there for distraction ...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This has been an obvious misunderstanding due to my poor english. What I wanted to say is that I believe you are not an objective person when it comes to politics. Your participation during the 2016 US elections showed that to me

That's why I've called you subjective, I pretty much agree with you on this subject

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join