It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump barred reporters from examining stacks of folders at press conference

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
From The Hill:

thehill.com...

See all those papers Trump signed to make sure he wasn't going to be a corrupt President?

Carefully piled up for the world to see how much he cares about ethical conflicts?

FAKE...

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday wouldn't allow reporters to see piles of documents displayed at his press conference, which he and lawyers said detailed his plans to disentangle himself from his business.

“These papers are just some of the many documents I’ve signed turning over complete and total control to my sons,” Trump said during his press conference, standing next to a table stacked with manila folders.

Associated Press, CNN and others all reported that no one was allowed to look at any of the folders (props)

The head of the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) slammed Trump’s plans to separate himself from his business as “wholly inadequate” in resolving conflicts of interest.

“The plan the president-elect has announced doesn’t meet the standards that the best of his nominees are meeting and that every president in the last four decades have met,” OGE Director Walter Shaub said during a speech at the Brookings Institution in Washington.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What do they need to look at? Trump has trolled the same media that has blasted him for a year and a half. They should have thought about the possibilities of him being the president before they ran fake stories about him non stop 24 hours a day.

Make America Great Again!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He is going to be a thorn in their side for the next 8 years they better get used to it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I leave piles of mysterious folders around all the time. Doesn't mean i'm inviting vultures to retch through them.

That's a lie. But still. Go Trump.
edit on -060001pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

He liks props:

Sometimes his props are fakes:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i love the fact that there are people buying this.

go Trump. make America great, one out-of-bounds/lawyers-only folder at a time

Honesty is the best policy in the anti establishment and swamp drain game plan.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

What do they need to look at? Trump has trolled the same media that has blasted him for a year and a half. They should have thought about the possibilities of him being the president before they ran fake stories about him non stop 24 hours a day.

Make America Great Again!

Any clown that brings out a platter of steaks and fraudulently claims that they were produced by his defunct company deserves to be blasted non-stop.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
To pile up the document files as props seems a little bit showy and stupid, but if they are the real thing, I wouldn't want reporters going through them either.
Imagine the mess they would make of them. One paper out of place (if the real deal) could cause $$$$$of extra work to organize them again, or there could be sensitive business info that shouldn't be seen by just anyone.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

See all those papers Trump signed to make sure he wasn't going to be a corrupt President?

Carefully piled up for the world to see how much he cares about ethical conflicts?

FAKE...

No proof, no evidence, and baseless accusations. Fake argument masquerading as criticism.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

what are you showing in the second image? It looks like vac'd steaks?

link   
He's successfully triggering the triggerables again !

And how could any reporters possibly go through all those right then and there ?

I bet he releases them soon enough.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
RE: the OP....

i don't care if he had real documents there or not. It might may him a liar in that he said they were "the documents". But at best they would have been copies, anyway.

I don't think any of those journalists would have understood half of what they read in the 10 seconds they'd be allowed to examine them. Legalese is obnoxious.

what I do care about is if he took the steps he said he'd taken. Or that his attorney claimed he took. Not because I gave a damn to begin with, but because I have integrity and damn well expect my president to as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Trump should not allow any moronic reporters access to those documents anyways. People could use the information to manipulate the stock market and do all kinds of dirty deeds with information like that. This is what inspectors are for.
(Unless you are Obama then all the inspectors are given an 8 year vacation).
edit on 13-1-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

What do they need to look at?

The Files according to Trump? That's why he stacked them there for the spotlight? right??

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
He is going to be a thorn in their side for the next 8 years they better get used to it.

You keep thinking that the press is not the public asking questions...

Until Trump shows up at your house for dinner to answer questions...The press are people we expect to ask questions on our behalf...and thus far his answer is eff-off.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Trump is making the fake media news crazy he is driving them insane when they are so close, but so far away and Trumps is playing them like a master puppet.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They are vacuum sealed steaks... I dont see how its a prop

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It is none of the business of reporters to look at those documents, whether those are props or not. The right papers will be filed to make everything legit, the lawyers will see to that.

The press does not have the right to see any of those documents, the court system will have a finalized copy in time.

Not much to this thread, I wouldn't show them to the press either. On top of that, I doubt if those are the documents themselves, they are probably symbolistic icons.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree with you, I am sure that Trump did it to keep the fake media under suspense and to let them fill their none good stories with conspiracies.

He is teasing them.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Maybe the reporters forgot about the press conference taking place...he's got dirt right there!!!
I would expect a stage-prop to enhance the picture being presented, at a press conference.

Did he invite them to nose through it, or to ask him questions?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join