It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Justice Department blasts Chicago police over excessive force

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Gangs may be fighting for more than drugs but they are being funded by them. There simply isn't enough theft to support them.

Look man we won't agree. I am a Thomas Jefferson kind of guy. I dont believe in progressive ideas we can make better citizens with laws. Education does that.

Trump's trade and border policy.

He hasnt mentioned once going after employers. Which is the only way to stop illegals pouring in. He is after the people actually putting billions into the system. Illegals pay 11.2 billion in property tax alone. They typically spend almost every penny they earn in sales tax and puchases. Their employers are the biggest cheaters.

He wants to control trade...one of the worst possible things you can do is manipulate the market and start forcing businesses hands and playing favorites with ones who like you. Sounds like Obama.

Prohibition is a good guide for how bad things get when you try and play some kind of moral god, yet let your buddies prescribe and pilfer in equally bad ways.

The brilliance of our forefathers was the emphasis on personal liberty.

If I want to smoke a joint because my vertebrae are crushed in my neck from being thrown around in judo and wrestling that's my business. But I can't because that isn't legal in my state. Conversely I just suffer through it and can't sit down very long. Rather than pop pills all day.

Can you explain in anyway how a population increase changed the dynamics of organized crime using prohibition of drugs to make money in the black market?

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now."

edit on 13-1-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Finally. Clean this city up! Women being mugged in parking lots. What kind of city is this!? We need new lighting in alleyways and streets, we need new people in there to implement an entirely new training program, we need to revamp the type of people we're hiring and inject money into recruiting lots of new police officers, and new vehicles to patrol the streets. Get these kids off the streets so people can come outside again. Show the people the police care. This is their chance.
edit on 13-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

You don't have to go into dangerous neighborhoods to get shot, either. Just being on Chicago expressways are dangerous. Over 47 random shootings affecting residents and out-of-town visitors, from all walks of life, simply driving or being driven on the expressway, going from point A to point B. I drive extra miles, just to steer clear of Chicago when driving east, to Indiana or Michigan every week. (If a shooting occurs ahead of you, the entire expressway is shut down, and you're stuck for hours.)

Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

As some of you pointed out, the current Justice Department is focusing on THE MINOR PROBLEM, and ignoring the insane number of shootings.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You realize that gangs have been around since before the last century, right? And that those gangs have been running all kinds of rackets since day one?

Surely if your wife is a research scientist "in the field" (field of what? gangs? lol) you can leverage that in to gleaning some knowledge into gangs and organized crime so that you can understand gangs don't rely solely and specifically on drugs, and that organized crime has never relied on it for the sole source of their income. Most gangs are aware that being one-trick ponies in the criminal world tends to actually inhibit income, not expand it.

I'd consider your point of view but you seem to be magnificently ignorant on the subject regardless of what you claim your wife does, and instead you rely on tactics like shifting the goalposts, making stuff up and asking others to defend it as if they said it, and just generally going all over the map in an effort to be "right" about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well this is one time it is not the hood rats at fault.
The whole government system is corrupt in chi town.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Whatever is in the drinking water at the Chicago police stations, is also added to the water coolers of police departments in suburban Chicago.

Evanston, Illinois borders Chicago on the north. A Black college student was making an adjustment to his car, when police pulled up, tackled him, and arrested him for being "disorderly"... which he was not. It's all on police dashcam, plus his personal dashcam.

Story: www.msn.com... =spartanntp

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join