It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gives praise to his cabinet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

In another post, Mr. Trump weighed in on the performance of some of his cabinet nominees at Senate confirmation hearings this week. Several of the nominees have given much different views on domestic and foreign affairs from Mr. Trump, particularly retired Gen. James Mattis, who was very critical of Russia during his hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday. Gen. Mattis is Mr. Trump’s nominee for secretary of defense. The divergent views have led to questions about whether his cabinet could have conflicting agendas once they take office, but Mr. Trump expressed that this isn't a concern. “All of my Cabinet nominee [sic] are looking good and doing a great job,” Mr. Trump wrote. “I want them to be themselves and express their own thoughts, not mine!

www.wsj.com...

I know he says some stupid things, and gets triggered a bit to easily by people that honestly just don't matter, but this is quite refreshing. He will not only willing to have people with opposing views, he encourages it.
Rather than sit around looking for validation that the world is ending and a rain cloud will follow me everywhere, I chose to be positive, given a chance, he might do some good things. Weather he gets that chance remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Pfft. Trump praises his cabinet picks, Obama gives his VP a medal.

Your move, Trump.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I noticed this and thought that's a pretty stupid move. Of course they'll say or do anything to win confirmation. It's how well they do their job after they've been confirmed and taken office that should be praised or despised. Prez Obama must think very highly of Biden to award him the Freedom Medal. His call and his responsibility but I don't necessarily agree.

We'll have to wait and how the tweets work out for Trump. I suspect it will be a big bust. My best,

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

“I want them to be themselves and express their own thoughts, not mine!”

Because he dosen't have any of his own. He is a mirror to mindlessness. All this thoughts come from a time when his daddy told him " you're a good by Donny and smart too. Here's a couple a milllion bucks now take off and lemme alone.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

to easily

Too.

Weather

Whether.

No it is a good sign if I'm honest.

One of the dangers of Trump was that he was gonna surround himself with yes men.

Hopefully they tell him how it is, and not what he wants to hear.
As he is predisposed to lash out when people do that.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47
Just look what Bushie did after 9/11, Medals of Freedom Awards for failures. At least to the American People. So I'll give Biden a pass.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

yea... but Obama...lets put that under a microscope instead and use it s leverage in back and forth to debate how good /bad a president is by giving medals.

this time its bad... or frowned upon, i think... unlike other times in history... of America.

Im glad Trump is starting to realize he's not the one who's going to be running the country. he'll be in charge of the twitter and Promoting products/people who supported him and many of his golf course.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Oh chuckles, I should put you in my back pocket to proof read all my posts, then I wouldn't be publicly shamed as is the case here.

It was my understanding that there ins't a manual for the Presidency, so surrounding yourself with people who are smart and business save seems like a good choice, even if they have different opinions.

top topics

join