It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Brand of "Youtube' called BitChute

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I do remember what YT was like. I was there. It was prettier than you seem to remember.

About me being snowflakey, LOL, not really. That site is bad AF. The only thing i find 'a nice feat' is the p2p, but that doesn't seem to be what's advertised.

I know what to expect from a new site, you seem not to. I know this stuff for living, i guess you don't, snowie.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: menneni
So, what video website do you like better? And what would you do to make it better? Internet Censorship is ramping up with the threat of "Fake News". There will probably be other Video sites popping up to address this, perhaps better, and like I said everything is in Flux.

Or do you want to sit back in an arrogant drunk stupor and pretend you're a genius who types lines like "Makes me wonder, why does people do that stuff;" . You're in College, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: menneni
a reply to: ugmold

"It is working" you say? Are you freaking serious?!?!

Oh my effin god. That crap-of-code must be the worst site i've encountered for months. It's screams FAKE like silicon boobs do.

Makes me wonder, why does people do that stuff; why someone goes on their way, and co-create something that awful. Money?

Someone please tell me, why there are icons for (linked to null function)

- LinkedIn
- Youtube ???
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Vimeo ???

Or why the search function is a duckduckgo's search. You guys know that DDG searches from their own index, right? It's so lame that it makes the brain hurt. "You have an account allready?"

Not mentioning the site's speed.

This has to be a joke. It really seems that bad. (please explain the icons)

Well, what the heck do you expect from a new site? A billion dollar website that's been designed by thousands of top notch programmers? You think they have enough skills or dispensable income yet for QA to make a snowflake like you happy?

I guess you don't remember what YouTube was like in its infancy do you. Let me give you a hint... it wasn't pretty.

Sure but also remember all the PC infections from stoneage YT, this is what is most important. This thing would have to be checked out fairly well before I would ever access it. Needs some real down and dirty network analysis.
edit on 13-1-2017 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
You're in College, right?

Incorrect. I'm just a normal +30yrs old guy, not wishing to be a genius. Then again, really just can't see that site growing up to the par. You know the PAR, right? Vimeo, Youtube.

Sorry to say that. Well, not really. There is a TON of things going on, and a N00B (newbie) video-sites isn't one of them, me thinks.

Everyting is in flux, yeah, i've seen that one. Been 'surfing' the nets since '95, so i've seen some things, right? U agree?

Netscape Navigator anyone? Then the internet exploder?

Now riding with chrome while not giving a crap.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Internet Censorship is ramping up with the threat of "Fake News".

The site you are promoting, has nothing to do with "Internet Censorship", nor "fake news"

My personal opinion is, that you are just an idiot parroting about censorship and fake news. It is easy to spot that you do not have a clue about what is internet censorship.

I do remember, what were the first signs of what-was-becoming-an-internet-censorship. You sadly don't have an effin clue.

You just got out of college, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A good test system for this internet app.

A VM workstation running 2 guests.
Windows 10 generic , internet access, wireshark.
Gateway w/ proxy server.

No damage possible here that cannot be instantly reloaded.
Would be fun, and may try it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Seems fun. Did catch myself smirking. hih-heh

But the sites speed is low like $5 vps, so...

For real, i think the site's creators are some young guys, thinking straight, but not really catching the whole picture in all it's greatness.

The thought did also have me for a sec, that maybe the site owners are really some alphabet-agency's paid newbies trying to make away some kind of data of...the internet-people. This is ATS, right?

But it was too sad reality lol. I do believe those ABC-agencies does have the hand on the handle way more than that site seems to demonstrate.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Wont make it because of the name.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: menneni
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I do remember what YT was like. I was there. It was prettier than you seem to remember.

About me being snowflakey, LOL, not really. That site is bad AF. The only thing i find 'a nice feat' is the p2p, but that doesn't seem to be what's advertised.

I know what to expect from a new site, you seem not to. I know this stuff for living, i guess you don't, snowie.

I work in Silicon Valley/ San Francisco at the age of 25, please tell me where you work. I'd love to know.

No website in its infancy is ever great... without money, luck, and a whole lot of hype. This site has none and probably has some amateur yet competent coders.

Here's a picture of the infancy of YouTube. Tell me if it's as pretty as you remember.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this

I already signed up on it now

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
The name isn't catchy at all and is more difficult to pronounce compared to YouTube. I don't think the naming will give it much popularity. The whole torrenting process may be too much for people who just want to casually upload videos.

I don't see this becoming the next youtube, but it definitely has the opportunity to become the "underground" youtube!
No more censorship hooray

The name can and probably will at some point be changed. TWITCH used to be "justin.TV" until it grew a lot bigger.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Your thread title makes it sound like YouTube have released another brand called BitChute, if you'd said "New Brand of Video Sharing Website called BitChute", that would have been more accurate.
I can't see this catching on. I'm not sure what it will take to take YouTubes crown but I don't think it's this....

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

I work in Silicon Valley/ San Francisco at the age of 25, please tell me where you work. I'd love to know.

No website in its infancy is ever great... without money, luck, and a whole lot of hype. This site has none and probably has some amateur yet competent coders.

Here's a picture of the infancy of YouTube. Tell me if it's as pretty as you remember.

Lol, no. That really was not what i recalled. Nevertheless, i find it stupid to compare that OP's video-site with youtube at any sense; it's 2017.

About you working in silicon valley, or in SF, sounds neat. I hope you're happy doing whatever. You still might be a dishwasher in some company over there. Please tell more, don't really care that much but it's always nice when people share. If you do have your own stuff going on in SV, good for you! I applaud you, then. If not, i don't really get what you're pecking on.

My work, it seems i don't need to "do work" in a sense of yours. Only seldom i take on business nowadays, and only if i'm interested about it. I know stuff that other people need and i use it for making the best of it.

Mostly just enjoying with the lady and our 4 kids and hobby stuff.

I have to disagree with you on the notion that no website is ever great in it's infancy. I find that common mistake in any product launch. Also the fact that you claim to be working in the tech industry, i cannot fathom how you seem to think that Bitchute is "okay, understandable" in it's position.

Bitchute in its current state is a broken fantasy. How in the fiery hell you expect them to gather users into their service? By integrating wordpress, correct? And redis for the more scalable view counter? How about integrating that sweet 'ol open source search engine? Their ToDo seems to be a bad joke. Go read it ffs, and then come parading about that cool site.

I guess that the makers of that site, someday they could get a name on themselves. But not from bitchute. It might come from something they Can Do. On their current project, they will learn a ton of things, for sure.

We all learn from mistakes, and bitchute seems like one. No offense.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Hey, about those personal insults i threw at you, i'm sorry. I don't really think you as an idiot.

Bad excuse is that last night i was very much drunk, and did not contain the best of me.

Not to take away my opinion about the "new video site", now sober, i still do think that it sucks big time. Rivalling YT, just No.

to rival vidme, no.
to rival mindscom, i guess no. I for one, like them both better.

The idea is not new in any sense, and those producing it are lacking. Thats how it seems to someone who has seen these kind of productions more often than couple times. LotLizard might disagree LOL.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reminds me of Metacafe that never improved, but hey maybe this one will make it you never know

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hey guys,

the idea has never been to solely rival youtube. You chaps seem like you understand bittorrent very well so you will know that many sites like the pirate bay, kickass, the now defunct isohunt all index the same torrents.

In the same way, new sites will be able to index web torrents. Perhaps when there are many more sites you will find one you like the name of, or the look and feel or the $5 VPS's :-) Perhaps the combined pull of many sites will be able to chip away at the YT market share in a way they find difficult to defend against.

As for free speech, I'm no expert but I believe it's better served where there are more channels to express it through.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just found this thread and had a quick look at the site. It seems interesting and could be a decent alternative to YT. It would work best, I think, for people wanting to host their own content from lack the server space to do so.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I can't find any videos on it. The home page all bright white is killing my eyes. Broken links to nowhere # that just refresh the home page because the links have no content.

Roll it out when it's ready

It needs some videos on the page to show it's a video site.

Until it improves I've renamed it #- chute
edit on 21-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Great new way for sharing hidden messages encoded into the videostream. A lot more easier than on yt.

Like this... ?

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP
No.

Like this: Dead drops

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join