It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Brand of "Youtube' called BitChute

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A new Youtube alternative has popped up to rival Youtube. Youtube has been censoring more and more and copyright infringement has been a PIA. This technology works on “torrent” based streaming so there is no need for one mega company to own the severs and thus own your video. So it can stream from a source like your own computer.

It was just launched a couple of days ago and it is working, takes a minute to load. www.bitchute.com...

There are also new Social Media Sites popping up that won’t censor/block information like FaceCrook. The Internet will always be in a state of flux.

Here is a short video by The Corbett Report on it, sounds interesting.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Internet stuff. Neat. We could always use more access to useless crap.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold
Great new way for sharing hidden messages encoded into the videostream. A lot more easier than on yt.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Lacking in overall content but that will change fast.

link   
Trpl, why stop at 2.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 13-1-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The name isn't catchy at all and is more difficult to pronounce compared to YouTube. I don't think the naming will give it much popularity. The whole torrenting process may be too much for people who just want to casually upload videos.

I don't see this becoming the next youtube, but it definitely has the opportunity to become the "underground" youtube!
No more censorship hooray

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm going to start looking around on there. Perhaps I can find some videos I wasn't able to find on YT - thank you ugmold

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Internet stuff. Neat. We could always use more access to useless crap.

Like your post for instance.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this . I had watched the vid earlier and tried to access the site but it 502ed me or some other # but seems to have loaded off your link quickly
I think this new site just might be the cats meow as YT has been doing a little strange stuff . I am going to make it a daily check out to hopefully bump it into relevancy ...no shame in bumping your thread though

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Appreciate you posting this! Thanks OP!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check it out as an alternative to youtube. I hate the way some sites claim ownership of everything censor as they see fit and yet they are entirely dependent on the content submitted by their users.

Love the Corbett report to, good investigative journalism presented by a slightly annoying head and voice!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"It is working" you say? Are you freaking serious?!?!

Oh my effin god. That crap-of-code must be the worst site i've encountered for months. It's screams FAKE like silicon boobs do.

Makes me wonder, why does people do that stuff; why someone goes on their way, and co-create something that awful. Money?

Someone please tell me, why there are icons for (linked to null function)

- LinkedIn
- Youtube ???
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Vimeo ???

Or why the search function is a duckduckgo's search. You guys know that DDG searches from their own index, right? It's so lame that it makes the brain hurt. "You have an account allready?"

Not mentioning the site's speed.

This has to be a joke. It really seems that bad. (please explain the icons)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
On ATS yesterday I saw a thread about Facebook hosting the video of a preteen's suicide.

I noted that on the first page, about a third of the comments mentioned that Facebook should have taken down the video. But the reason Facebook didn't initially take down the video was because it didn't actually violate their (lengthy) terms.

So, my question is, do we want 'freedom' (like this service, with apparently limited or no terms), or do we want 'safety', like Facebook, who according to some (many?), have not taken their terms far enough.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: menneni

Oh my effin god. That crap-of-code must be the worst site i've encountered for months. It's screams FAKE like silicon boobs do.

Makes me wonder, why does people do that stuff; why someone goes on their way, and co-create something that awful. Money?

- LinkedIn
- Youtube ???
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Vimeo ???

Or why the search function is a duckduckgo's search. You guys know that DDG searches from their own index, right? It's so lame that it makes the brain hurt. "You have an account allready?"

Why don't you look into it and report back since you find it so sinister. Did you watch The Corbett Report Video?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well, i've looked into it. Stared into source code which was the equivalent of the abyss. It seemed empty. Not sinister.

I do give credit when it's due. This time, no due.

I guess, the site, it's "a nice idea", there has been plenty of nice ideas in last 5 years or so. But the site you are promoting, sadly i can't see it rising-to, better yet, above the tech-norm.

The faq page says it all. The creators doesn't seem to be technically up to the task. Come on, just for kicks, on their frontend the whole footer is unfunctional.

Their ToDo says:

"Wordpress integration" (what the Actual ####) (i mean actual)
"Add an open source search engine" (oh my [web]lords)
"Make Hashtags work" (lulz ^^)
"Integrate Redis for more scalable view counters" (really, redis for the more scalable view counters?!?)

oh my..
I'm quite drunk, but this is crazy!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: menneni
The site has been up for less than a week. Budget, not Youtube or Facebook. Can it be improved, of course, it is new, and a new idea. Maybe you should offer your services instead of watching teeny bopper Carly Rae Jepsen videos. Or create your own instead of getting drunk.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Duuude, are you the one they call a chat-bot?

Can you understand that the site you are promoting is leveraging quantcast?

For the record, I did not watch the corbett video, did you copypaste the question about video or what the af is going on?

LOL.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: menneni

- LinkedIn
- Youtube ???
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Vimeo ???

Well, what the heck do you expect from a new site? A billion dollar website that's been designed by thousands of top notch programmers? You think they have enough skills or dispensable income yet for QA to make a snowflake like you happy?

I guess you don't remember what YouTube was like in its infancy do you. Let me give you a hint... it wasn't pretty.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Mister,

it's not a new idea. The site is new, i recon. It's a budget site, so i guess there is no financial possibility for me to offer my services.

The site has been up for at least two weeks according the info on the site. It has been in development for more than 1 year.

About creating my own, well.. no. I'd rather get drunk than waste my time doing things i deem stupid af. I've already done enough stupid ## in my life.

You really should identify your capabilities. "Site" creators has not done that.

I might be wrong, but i won't hold my breath about it

Youtube rival - Not really.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join