It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regret 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I know its very hard for the average person to admit when they are wrong and even more so to admit the other side was correct all along.

I do not expect much reply or flags for this thread, however, i was wondering if there are any Trump voters on this board that regret their vote for Don.

I ask this bc apparently this is an issue going on. I do not post links to news sources or websites very often for if its possible for someone to google and find a link to agree or disagree then it is pointless.

I am finding that many (more than there should be) Trumpians voted for him bc they wanted "Obamacare" repealed, not knowing that the ACA and Obamacare are one in the same...so now they stand to lose their insurance and regret their vote. That is one reason for "Regret 2017", there may be more.

I know there are many more Trumpians than Obamamites on this board so I do not expect this thread to go over well here. Lurkers and posters alike, please share your story if you or someone you know is experiencing regret in 2017 over voting for Don.

Thank you
edit on 13-1-2017 by veracity because: ing

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Not one single iota of regret here. Of course, he hasn't even been sworn in yet. Maybe give it a couple years.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Thanks for your response, from what I have learned there has been immediate regret, which is unusual and why I am taking a poll of sorts.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Give it some time, the regret(s) will start pouring in.

link   

No regrets . EVER!

link   
No regrets here .

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Trump and the Republicans have said they will keep the parts of ACA, specifically the age youth can stay under parents and also preexisting conditions.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Here's the thing. The election wasn't about JUST Trump. Many people like myself had two people to choose from.

We had to envision what the next 4 (or perhaps 8) years would look like under each candidate.

I voted for Trump because to the best of my abilities, I preferred where I believe he will go compared to where I believe Hillary would have taken us. In my mind, they were two VERY different directions.

I will not approve of everything Trump says or does. That being said, he would have to do SUCH a HORRIBLE job for me to ever say to myself, "I wish Hillary had won."
edit on 13-1-2017 by eluryh22 because: fix typo

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

What has changed from the campaign to the election?
No regrets from me.

I honestly think we are in for rough times as a consequence of the last eight years.
The middle east will explode soon.
The debt will catch up to us.
The aca will kick in totally.

I still think trump can handle the situation better than hillary.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Trump and the Republicans have said they will keep the parts of ACA, specifically the age youth can stay under parents and also preexisting conditions.

I believe they have already voted to repeal without a replacement a couple nights ago. Of course it has to pass the senate then Don will make the choice to veto or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What has changed from the campaign to the election?
No regrets from me.

I honestly think we are in for rough times as a consequence of the last eight years.
The middle east will explode soon.
The debt will catch up to us.
The aca will kick in totally.

I still think trump can handle the situation better than hillary.

Please explain how the ACA will kick in totally?

To me that means the red state govs will finally be forced to expand medicaid so it will work as intended. Obama did not enforce this, he gave them the choice (blue states did what he said, red states refused, some gave up and expanded, the red states where it was not expanded have serious issues)

If Don gets them to expand medicaid then go ahead and just call it "Trumpcare" and we can all be happy
Trump will be happy bc his name is on it now (I feel we have to keep him happy for him to do his job)
edit on 13-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Same turd different flush.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

no regrets. He isn't even in office yet, so regrets would be kind of a dumb thing to have at this point.
Just super glad we don't have Hillary. I would have preferred a better choice, but since our system of government is screwed up to the point it is, we were given the option of either, and I chose the one who I believe would be less bad.

I also have hope for things to get better. A better economy and less war. Sad that it's come to that as the dividing difference between left and right.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The aca will continue to have adverse effects on the insurance industry for many more years.
Many companies will drop out, rates will climb.
The repercussions will keep coming.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here in the U.K the media were claiming the same thing a month or so after Brexit. Yet everyone I know who voted to leave the E.U have not regretted doing so.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I believe they have already voted to repeal without a replacement a couple nights ago. Of course it has to pass the senate then Don will make the choice to veto or not.

There has been no vote on repealing Obama.Care.

And I bet most people that voted for Trump know Obama.Care and the ACA are the same.

And many people did in fact lose their insurance policies when the part that nullified those policies took effect.

Not to mention many people got cracked when they were chipped and whittled down to part time.

And it's kool how you made all those disclaimers in the opening post !!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Polls say support for Trump down since election. The first time that has happened. I don't believe a lick of it. Democrats have been attacking the voter for ever. This fake news is just more of that. You hate yourself for voting for him, don't you? How can you support a vile person? You were influenced by Russia? You don't know what the ACA is, huh?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Polls say.......

Same polls that had Hillary winning in a landslide.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Of the 30 million people still uninsured, how many exactly are because of non-expanded Medicaid ?

You need to show exact numbers, not percentages.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: veracity

There has been no vote on repealing Obama.Care.

And I bet most people that voted for Trump know Obama.Care and the ACA are the same.

And many people did in fact lose their insurance policies when the part that nullified those policies took effect.

Not to mention many people got cracked when they were chipped and whittled down to part time.

And it's kool how you made all those disclaimers in the opening post !!

it was passed in the senate 51 to 48.....let's face it, republicans want poor people that can't pay for insurance to die.....
edit on 13-1-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join