It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC’s ‘Black-ish’: ‘A Vote for Trump is a Vote for Racism’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What a great show, Trump is called the devil, and if you voted Trump the show casts you as a racist. At one point in the show one of the characters wonders if Ben Carson is really black.
With BLM being represented and the school where one of the characters children go gave a day of reflection I wonder if HRC was elected if there would be calls about HRC's relationship with her husband and the infidelity?
Can anyone give me a source for all this Trump racism?

ABC’s hit comedy series Black-ish kicked off it’s third mid-season premiere Wednesday night with an emotional post-election episode that calls Donald Trump the “devil,” casts his voters as racists and questions if Dr. Ben Carson is really black.

Set two months after the election, the episode sees Johnson family patriarch Dre (Anthony Anderson) walk in on his wife Rainbow mourning Hillary Clinton’s election loss — she’s dressed in a gay pride scarf, a Democratic Party t-shirt, with a Black Lives Matter button on it — and his children Andre Jr. (Marcus Scribner) and Zoey (Yara Shahidi) enjoying a vacation from school, which gave every student a “day of reflection.”
lt-news.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So much buildup before this inagural. Either they are digging their own graves, or Trump is going to be toppled at any cost by the establishment and his voters shamed. I pray for the former.
edit on 13-1-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Makes me glad they dont show that rubbish over here . Otherwise would end up fined for littering after throwing television out the window and having to purchase new television .

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

I have to tell you, that press conference has scared the crap out of the real owners of this country.

The main way we are influenced is media and Trump just told them to eat it.

If Trump is for real, we are going to see the ding bats come out of the closets, this stupid show is just the prelude.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I will never watch this fiasco of a program.
Nothing good will ever come from it.
Maybe I should write the network and ask why they don't have a show called white-ish.
Or
Span-ish
Jew-ish

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What do we want?

PANDERING

When do we want it?

NOW

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Can anyone give me a source for all this Trump racism?

C'mon you sourced it yourself! (A hit ABC sitcom works, right?)

We live in a strange world where a Trump vote automatically and categorically makes you a racist, but what they are saying about Dr. Ben Carson is just good ol' clean fun.
edit on 13/1/2017 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/1/2017 by MiddleInitial because: I made it Bigger Better Stronger

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is an awful long death rattle.

Just hurry and die please, establishment.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

so a tv show is enough to 'trigger you'

whats those fun titles we use for dems who take to the internet to vent about their cndidate or party dealings...
'snowfalke', 'triggered' , you need 'safe tv channels'

--- the show is dumb,
its a comedy tv show making fun at trump and his supporters. we havent even started the 4 years yet. if this is news worthy, then you'll be busy the next 4 years, everyone will have an episode or more on whats happening in America politically..
but if the Donald dislikes a show, he will take to twitter and tell the producers how bad their show is, and how he could make the ratings better all while in the hot seat of the free world. Trump is my multi-tasker of choice

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I will never watch this fiasco of a program.
Nothing good will ever come from it.
Maybe I should write the network and ask why they don't have a show called white-ish.
Or
Span-ish
Jew-ish

Its a terrible show anyway, the dad is a cuck, the wife is the straight man. Every white person on there is either a dufus, and/or the family express discomfort and awkwardness in relating to white people.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I read and comment on a lot of your OPs, and as that's the case, I am really becoming concerned about your state of mental and emotional health.

I take it you are not black? If so.......why are you watching Black-ish?

You seem to be concerned about their message, but there's no reason to be. Their target audience is black folk in Democrat controlled Blue zones. That audience already hated white people in general and white people inclined to vote for Trump, in particular. Black-ish isn't newly propagandizing their audience, they're simply reflecting the views their audience already has.

So, let me put this another way that might better demonstrate my point. Assuming you're a white guy, do you watch Telemundo?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I try not to let politics get in the way of my sitcoms. I wish sitcoms would have the same respect for me.

Its fine to poke fun but you have to poke it at everybody. I like this show it makes me laugh but off the list it goes.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'll have to watch the episode. My wife is a fan of it. To be fair, you also have to put the show into context as well which is why I'd want to see the show before passing judgment. It is a comedy show. The character Rainbow could be trolling typical Hillary supporters. The father often has opposing views so I wonder if that is really what is going on with the comedy. Crazed Hillary supporter versus Trump supporter, who happens to be black. Comedy for days...

The premise of the show is that it is kind of like an updated Cosby show. The parents are very successful (Father is Ad exec and wife Doctor) and they live in a mostly white wealthy neighborhood. The show explores many issues from a perspective of an upper class black family (for example, there was an episode where the son wanted a bar mitzvah since all his rich jewish friends got them).

My wife watches the show and likes it as it mirrors our own lives to some degree.

With all that said, I'm sure the show will probably take the same Trump is a racist approach as that is the easy and anti-intellectual thing to do.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I read and comment on a lot of your OPs, and as that's the case, I am really becoming concerned about your state of mental and emotional health.

You seem to be concerned about their message, but there's no reason to be. Their target audience is black folk in Democrat controlled Blue zones. That audience already hated white people in general and white people inclined to vote for Trump, in particular. Black-ish isn't newly propagandizing their audience, they're simply reflecting the views their audience already has.

So, let me put this another way that might better demonstrate my point. Assuming you're a white guy, do you watch Telemundo?

Its a primtime ABC sitcom, their target audience is supposed to be everyone. I watched the show because its funny why does he have to be black to laugh.

You are the racist.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sounds like the people who wrote this show are the actual racists with acceptance and tolerance issues.

Typical anti-Trump hypocrites.

edit on 13-1-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Occasionally yes I do because there is no channel for my people

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Every show is pretty much the same today.

Fat white fool husband.
Smart wife that's way to good looking for him.
Always a black friend.
Always a gay cast member.

If either of the last two are a women it's a double bonus.

Same old worn out formula.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Butterfinger

Every show is pretty much the same today.

Fat white fool husband.
Smart wife that's way to good looking for him.
Always a black friend.
Always a gay cast member.

If either of the last two are a women it's a double bonus.

Same old worn out formula.

Thats why I like Deadliest Catch and Gold Rush. But some of the sitcoms still crack me up like Big Bang Theory and Modern Family.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
What a great show, Trump is called the devil, and if you voted Trump the show casts you as a racist. At one point in

I don't care much about any bloody show, nor do I think that anyone who voted for Trump is a racist per se.

As for Trump himself, if he is not a racist, he sure doesn't act like that, so I think it is fair enough to call him a racist.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have never seen this show, nor will I ever watch it.
But I have a few questions about it -
I take it is a comedy show?
Are there any characters on it that are Trump supporters?...if so, are they painted as racist?...are they white or black?
Do they portray these black Hillary supporter characters as serious or lovable bunglers?
Remember Archie Bunker? In my opinion, that show would never be tolerated on today's TV but I think that it needs a modern reboot.
Archie was portrayed as a closet racist but one that always fell into his own traps, he didn't like anyone but always seemed like he had a soft spot for the races or people that he was putting down.
And the show always portrayed the people that he was putting down, as always having the upper hand on him or smarter than him.
I think he was mocked by the other characters on the show as, yeah he was a semi racist bully but they sort of tolerated him because he really didn't know any better. Basically an ignorant fool but not the type to really take it to the extreme.
If this show Black-ish is like that, then I can see that it could be tolerated but if it is the opposite well....plain and simple is it racist.
edit on 13-1-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join