It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells 60 Minutes shaping public opinion is "part of the job"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Steve Kroft:
"You didn’t change Washington."

President Barack Obama:
"I changed those things that were in direct-- my direct control. I mean, I-- look, I’m proud of the fact that, with two weeks to go, we’re part of the first administration in modern history that hasn’t had a major scandal in the White House. In that sense, we changed some things. I would’ve liked to have gotten that one last Supreme Court justice in there. I’d like the Supreme Court to take a look at"
-------------------------
Steve Kroft:
"You couldn’t even get a hearing."

President Barack Obama: "
But we couldn’t even get a hearing. Trying to get the other side of the aisle to work with us on issues..."

Ahh, the mind of an autocratic narcissist never ceases to entertain...

No scandals???
I guess the little Benghazi incident didn't happen...
Or that time your Secretary of State had an illegal server in her home...her freaking home!!
The omnibus/stimulus Delusion...I mean bill...
Fast and Furious..
Black Panther voter intimidation...
IRS targeting tea party during the 2011 run-up to the election..
The Iran deal..

God lord 60 Minutes, that's off the top of my head...
This "journalist" couldn't do a follow up question on scandals??
I suppose if the reporter is so indoctrinated into the Obama mythos and believes the president to be infallible then he is incapable of scandal…

And to the second part I quoted...
That is the most laughable part of this interview…
One would hope the reporter would ask him about the affordable care act which passed at almost midnight on Christmas Eve without a single Republican vote nor a single Republican making any input in the bill……
What an absolute joke…

Obama is [still] living in an alternative reality where he is a good president…
When in the actual reality he was Jimmy Carterian at best...

At least he has approval rating polls which say he is the most popular president since Jesus…

Granted these of the same polls that had Hillary winning the presidency of Donald Trump losing Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida… But don't worry about that, just believe me when I say Obamas approval rating is super high and everyone loves him…

Seven more days until he is gone...have fun in the private sector obama...
I'm sure there are a ton of fortune 500 community organizer companies that are chomping at the bit to have you sit on their boards…

What's that you say?
Community organizers don't have companies…
That's right they don't actually do anything…
Well, have fun with that Obama…

-Chris
edit on 13-1-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Liberals don`t have scandals or commit crimes they just make unintentional honest mistakes,they do careless and negligent things unintentionally. They collude,conspire,connive, mis-speak,mis-inform,mis-direct,but they never ever have scandals or commit crimes.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Liberals don`t have scandals or commit crimes they just make unintentional honest mistakes,they do careless and negligent things unintentionally. They collude,conspire,connive, mis-speak,mis-inform,mis-direct,but they never ever have scandals or commit crimes.

Good intentions are enough, and unfortunately a lot of people believe that. Too bad for Manning, or that sailor locked up for taking pictures of the inside of a submarine...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Actually, he should have known better.

If you really believe in liberal values, then as a politician of any level, your job is whatever the defenceless, the poor, the sick, and the hardest working people in the country tell you it is. You do not make your own rules if you are a true liberal, you listen to the people and you make their will manifest. You never guide them, you never seek to impose on them, you never seek to steer them. You are guided by them, you welcome their impositions upon you, and you use their needs as the rudder for the boat you are on, steered by them, not in spite of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's never a scandal and it's never racist when a liberal does something because they've rationalized it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Steve Kroft:
"You didn’t change Washington."

President Barack Obama:
"I changed those things that were in direct-- my direct control. I mean, I-- look, I’m proud of the fact that, with two weeks to go, we’re part of the first administration in modern history that hasn’t had a major scandal in the White House. In that sense, we changed some things. I would’ve liked to have gotten that one last Supreme Court justice in there. I’d like the Supreme Court to take a look at"
-------------------------
Steve Kroft:
"You couldn’t even get a hearing."

President Barack Obama: "
But we couldn’t even get a hearing. Trying to get the other side of the aisle to work with us on issues..."

Ahh, the mind of an autocratic narcissist never ceases to entertain...

No scandals???
I guess the little Benghazi incident didn't happen...
Or that time your Secretary of State had an illegal server in her home...her freaking home!!
The omnibus/stimulus Delusion...I mean bill...
Fast and Furious..
Black Panther voter intimidation...
IRS targeting tea party during the 2011 run-up to the election..
The Iran deal..

God lord 60 Minutes, that's off the top of my head...
This "journalist" couldn't do a follow up question on scandals??
I suppose if the reporter is so indoctrinated into the Obama mythos and believes the president to be infallible then he is incapable of scandal…

And to the second part I quoted...
That is the most laughable part of this interview…
One would hope the reporter would ask him about the affordable care act which passed at almost midnight on Christmas Eve without a single Republican vote nor a single Republican making any input in the bill……
What an absolute joke…

Obama is [still] living in an alternative reality where he is a good president…
When in the actual reality he was Jimmy Carterian at best...

At least he has approval rating polls which say he is the most popular president since Jesus…

Granted these of the same polls that had Hillary winning the presidency of Donald Trump losing Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida… But don't worry about that, just believe me when I say Obamas approval rating is super high and everyone loves him…

Seven more days until he is gone...have fun in the private sector obama...
I'm sure there are a ton of fortune 500 community organizer companies that are chomping at the bit to have you sit on their boards…

What's that you say?
Community organizers don't have companies…
That's right they don't actually do anything…
Well, have fun with that Obama…

-Chris

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Some people actually believe their lies. I think he believes if he repeats the no scandal BS enough times that it will be true

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't recall any scandals. What I do recall is a bunch of stuff that seemed to really piss of the Right, and only the Right.

If the only people who took it seriously were alternative news sites and the opposition, it probably wasn't a real scandal.

Monica Lewisky was a scandal.
Watergate was a scandal.
Pay to Play was a scandal.
Iran contra was a scandal.
Selling Senate seats was a scandal.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Tell me one thing Trump worshippers.Is "liberal" and "commie" one and the same word?
I bet all of you who use "liberal" as insult today yelled "commie" at everyone who disagreed with you during the cold war. I bet all yall were in your 40's during cold war and today are just grumpy old white males thinking there is a genocidé going on against you.

edit on 13-1-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't recall any outright scandals....controversies yes, but no outright scandals. Then again, the George W. Bush Admin was very similar. It was rife with controversy, but lacked true scandal. But I think that says more about us as a country, and how we no longer hold those who govern us to higher standards. Take Watergate for example...Many of the GOP members calling for Nixon to resign were most angered by Nixon outright lying to Congress and to the American people. 25 years later Clinton did the same thing, and this time his party had his back. After the acrimony delivered by the GOP for 5 years the Dems stood with him. At least that is why I hope they did. In my opinion that was a key point in American history. Honor and dignity were no longer the most important attributes to be bestowed upon the leader of our country. And we lost that due to partisan politics. There ain't no going back now.

new topics

join