It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells 60 Minutes shaping public opinion is "part of the job"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: shooterbrody

Having watched Trump shape his supporters' opinions for quite some time now I see your complaints here as hollow and biased.

PS: Obama didn't lose the PR battle. His approval ratings are going great right now.

Lol you guys just wont even let him get in office your so afraid hes going to outshine the dems and obama. Polls showing confidence lol just like the polls showing a hillary victory. Obamas approval rating is 50 percent my arse.this is trying to shape the public all they think they can get away with and its the highest percentage possible lol

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

explain your post if that is not what you meant.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

If Trump outshines the dems and Obama, I will eat my shoe. I've already came around for Obama, unlike YOU guys I can admit when I'm wrong.

About your casual dismissal of approval ratings, I don't care about your opinion there. No evidence, that means your opinion is worthless to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Read the thread. I've elucidated my point over many different posts and I don't care to do it again to you. Especially you.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Lol to think either side ever gaf about you or me...

eot

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Are his approval ratings conducted by the same people that do election polls?

I honestly think trumps win had a lot to do with Obama and his approval rating.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
To be fair, trying to shape public opinion has always been part of the job for politicians in democracies, and arguably part of their duty. As when FDR was giving "fireside chats" and warning the nation about the dangers of "neighbour's house on fire".
But of course there are right and wrong ways of doing it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Read the thread. I've elucidated my point over many different posts and I don't care to do it again to you. Especially you.

LOL, I did read the thread, in fact I tried really hard to find where this #ing OP mentioned TRUMP, but it just wasn't there, so your focus is as weak as your arguments.

But in light of the OP (which is the topic, please try to keep up) it mentions how Obama thinks that the presidents job is to mold public opinion to his will. It's my opinion that the will of the People is how the president and public elected officials should be molding their thoughts to.

Now, instead of pulling the old (I'm to stupid to argue the point, so I'll say something bad about Trump to make my idiot followers star my post) it would be a great start to the new year off by trying to keep up with the topic, which included Obama molding public opinion.
edit on 13-1-2017 by network dude because: splnig

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well it seems he did a pretty poor job of it given the humiliating defeats suffered by his party over the past 8 years.

Lost the presidency, never had the congress, lost a majority of state legislatures, lost the majority of state governorships...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

He's done both. He's applied populism to gain his support then shaped their views with things that most conservatives don't traditionally believe. He's certainly shaped people's views regarding the media. That is indisputable.

The media did that themselves, Trump is just the latest subject they BS about, or are you saying you trust the MSM?

I guess well just have to see if he keeps his promises, if he does will you admit you were wrong?
Sadly if he doesnt it will just be par for the course as far as presidential campaign promises go

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

He's done both. He's applied populism to gain his support then shaped their views with things that most conservatives don't traditionally believe. He's certainly shaped people's views regarding the media. That is indisputable.

The media did that themselves, Trump is just the latest subject they BS about, or are you saying you trust the MSM?

I trust them more than I trust you. I also don't write off all media because of bias. I understand how to read and identify propaganda. Sticking my head in the sand and not reading ANY media is just embracing ignorance.

I guess well just have to see if he keeps his promises, if he does will you admit you were wrong?
Sadly if he doesnt it will just be par for the course as far as presidential campaign promises go

Not that you care, but for the THIRD time in this thread I already did such a thing in the case of Obama.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

How many times does polling data have to be completely and utterly wrong before you stop using it as evidence for or against anything?

Anyone who continues to do so can't be taken seriously. How many times in the past year alone have the polls proven to be totally full of s#?

But your point here is not to be taken seriously--only to deflect, distract, and distort.

You herald evidence as the end-all-be-all of knowledge yet display nothing but contempt for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sorry. I guess providing a contextual comparison to expand on my point of the OP being unfairly biased against Obama by showing how Trump is the same way is too much for you to handle. I'll try to keep it simple from now on.

OBAMA GOOD! GRUNT GRUNT

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

How many times does polling data have to be completely and utterly wrong before you stop using it as evidence for or against anything?

As soon as you can prove to me that the science of statistics is flawed.

Anyone who continues to do so can't be taken seriously. How many times in the past year alone have the polls proven to be totally full of s#?

But your point here is not to be taken seriously--only to deflect, distract, and distort.

You herald evidence as the end-all-be-all of knowledge yet display nothing but contempt for it.

Uh huh... Says the guy who provided no evidence, just an ad hominem.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

LOL, I did read the thread, in fact I tried really hard to find where this #ing OP mentioned TRUMP, but it just wasn't there, so your focus is as weak as your arguments.

But in light of the OP (which is the topic, please try to keep up) it mentions how Obama thinks that the presidents job is to mold public opinion to his will. It's my opinion that the will of the People is how the president and public elected officials should be molding their thoughts to.

Now, instead of pulling the old (I'm to stupid to argue the point, so I'll say something bad about Trump to make my idiot followers star my post) it would be a great start to the new year off by trying to keep up with the topic, which included Obama molding public opinion.

Spot on! Too many in government have fallen for this illogical belief! The citizens of America actually became tired of the elite thinking they know what is best. They are supposed to be elected representatives and be our voice. If they don't recognize this truth, then 2018 and 2020 will not bode well for them!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Being consistently wrong is proof of flawed science.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Being consistently wrong is proof of flawed science.

One history making election isn't indicative of polls being "consistently wrong". In the world of statistics that is called an outlier. You need years of incorrect polls creating a trend over time to make this claim. Clearly you don't know how evidence works.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Sorry. I guess providing a contextual comparison to expand on my point of the OP being unfairly biased against Obama by showing how Trump is the same way is too much for you to handle. I'll try to keep it simple from now on.

OBAMA GOOD! GRUNT GRUNT

And even with you "keeping it simple" you failed to address the OP. Fantastic show.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ok cool. You suck at reading comprehension. So I guess we are done talking now then?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

When is the next round of gerrymandering? Won't that follow on the 2020 census?

BTW, Trump isn't the only one to con his supporters, promising them what they want to hear. Obama did the same thing, as did Bush before him and Clinton before that. They all play to their audience.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join