It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange agrees to extradition if US releases whistleblower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Julian Assange has agreed to be extradited to the United States if Obama will grant Chelsea Manning clemency before leaving office in a few days. According to the story there has been no effort by U.S. officials to accept this offer. In the video Assange is grilled on Meet The Press about whether or not he would accept "leaks" from a government source about another government. His answer was "If U.S. provided leaked documents that were verifiable he would publish them"(paraphrased). I thought that was a great answer as it is not the source that is important but the contents. It may or may not have been the Russians that hacked the DNC and HRC's private server but the contents of the documents obtained is the same no matter who provided them.

Not sure how to link video that is found on the page so some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Assange agrees to extradition if US releases whistleblower

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

missed that one although this is a little different perspective. Not RT but Meet The Press.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Julian Assange has agreed to be extradited to the United States if Obama will grant Chelsea Manning clemency before leaving office in a few days.

No greater honor than laying down your life for others...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Julian Assange has agreed to be extradited to the United States if Obama will grant Chelsea Manning clemency before leaving office in a few days.

At this point in leu of a fair trial, I'm sure Assange would like to get it over with. It's been quite some time since he could sleep easily.

Getting Manning free would help bolster his image with the people making it a bit harder for them to drive their boot through the back of his neck.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

At this point in leu of a fair trial, I'm sure Assange would like to get it over with. It's been quite some time since he could sleep easily.

Getting Manning free would help bolster his image with the people making it a bit harder for them to drive their boot through the back of his neck.

US won't cut a deal, they want both.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Er, there is no extradition request out for Assange from the US.

He could just get on a plane and fly there if he was that keen. There is an extradition request from Sweden concerning some serious allegations of rape etc. Perhaps he should sort that problem out first?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No, the Obama Administration wants both. To my knowledge, Trump has not made definitive statements on the matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tman2135

No, the Obama Administration wants both. To my knowledge, Trump has not made definitive statements on the matter.

Oh, you want to be specific. Its the military that got their secret video of the apache killing journalists in Iraq leaked, they hate it when people do that. Its the pentagon that loathes a 'tattletale'.

new topics

top topics

join