It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashed alien ship with bodies found on Mars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

There is no calibration for pareidolia other than your personal interpretation

But, the negative load it carries, is now used as a stick to hit those who are vulnerable to it and leave it alone.

so pareidolia could be either true or false until you stand before it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

There is no calibration for pareidolia other than your personal interpretation

But, the negative load it carries, is now used as a stick to hit those who are vulnerable to it and leave it alone.

so pareidolia could be either true or false until you stand before it.

But it is a real effect, so there will always be those that say it remotely resembles a known item, and others that insist what they are looking at is indeed real. What has to come with it is logic. Circumstance, probability and location.

I have another example, which just has to be pareidolia because the logic fails it completely... however the minds eye is the tricky magician here and it always owns the day for those that fail to apply the logic after they see it. I thank the OP for the opportunity to present it.

A child's toy on Mars.

Look at the image in the bottom area of the frame closely and decide what you think it is before scrolling lower and seeing a real world simile of what the optical image represents:

Now, isn't that just somethin? The logic says it cannot be there, but if you have accute visual perception, you may say it is a dead ringer.... The head,hat, grasping of handlebars, the front fork and fender missing a wheel, the back wheel crushed and disfigured.. It is amazing.
edit on 16-1-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Now that is just pulling one out of the air, that rock does have a face like morphism but it most certainly did not remind me of pop eye on a motor cycle and it still just look's like a rock unlike the above image that looks for all the world to be similar to a temple base relief sculpture long fallen and leaning now to the left of the vertical at about 45 degrees I would guesstimate (if it was two god's one female to the left of our view on that image with one hand partially visible and one a helmeted ferocious male like god on the right of the image then it is leaning to THERE left), it also has a heck of a lot more detail and if really such a thing suggest a human life presence to carve human like deity's or depiction's.
I would even say that if it is a part of a fallen ruin this part was sheltered by being buried or out of the prevailing martian sand storm's so likely if we could dig down there may be other preserved fragment's below the surface.
Hell the more I look at it the more I see, finger's that seem to end in small sphere's possibly some form of jewlery and even ear ring's, the helmet on the male may just be ornate hair as the female also seem's to have, her hand is just under her leaning forward chin with her eye's closed, his open, her head bowed and his upright, they both have nose shape's similar to Indian sculpture as well but also similar to meso american in some way's the proportion's are exaggerated and not correct just like Meso American art and Indian (asian) art, if this is a natural artifact then it is a work of art even more rare and valuable than one made by a human scuptor today.
So even if you are correct and it is a rock it would still be a masterpiece that boggle's the mind and actually that make's it even less likely to be a natural formation but just like a room full of monkey's given literally forever with typewriters to bang on one day they would create a masterpiece, the problem there is that this universe is not forever and therefore the odd's against the wind and erosion creating such intricacy are so highly unlikely it is even more preposterous to deny that this may be an artifact than to accept that it very well could be one.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
They haven't finished cleaning up/hiding operations on Mars yet, there's no way this is real.

The only people (alien or otherwise) on Mars are the ones we've already sent there.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Now that is just pulling one out of the air, that rock does have a face like morphism but it most certainly did not remind me of pop eye on a motor cycle and it still just look's like a rock unlike the above image that looks for all the world to be similar to a temple base relief sculpture long fallen and leaning now to the left of the vertical at about 45 degrees I would guesstimate (if it was two god's one female to the left of our view on that image with one hand partially visible and one a helmeted ferocious male like god on the right of the image then it is leaning to THERE left), it also has a heck of a lot more detail and if really such a thing suggest a human life presence to carve human like deity's or depiction's.
I would even say that if it is a part of a fallen ruin this part was sheltered by being buried or out of the prevailing martian sand storm's so likely if we could dig down there may be other preserved fragment's below the surface.
Hell the more I look at it the more I see, finger's that seem to end in small sphere's possibly some form of jewlery and even ear ring's, the helmet on the male may just be ornate hair as the female also seem's to have, her hand is just under her leaning forward chin with her eye's closed, his open, her head bowed and his upright, they both have nose shape's similar to Indian sculpture as well but also similar to meso american in some way's the proportion's are exaggerated and not correct just like Meso American art and Indian (asian) art, if this is a natural artifact then it is a work of art even more rare and valuable than one made by a human scuptor today.
So even if you are correct and it is a rock it would still be a masterpiece that boggle's the mind and actually that make's it even less likely to be a natural formation but just like a room full of monkey's given literally forever with typewriters to bang on one day they would create a masterpiece, the problem there is that this universe is not forever and therefore the odd's against the wind and erosion creating such intricacy are so highly unlikely it is even more preposterous to deny that this may be an artifact than to accept that it very well could be one.

Well, you kind of proved my premise. I certainly believe it is pariedolia because a kids toy on mars is such an impossible stretch, and the Popeye toy is just an example of a character on a motorcycle. Find the points I mentioned, and you will find more. However clues in the other image, some you eluded too that I did not see.. , are there and your mind's eye is the king of pop when it comes to scrutinizing and trying to fit thing together. (Puzzles anyone?). Anyway. I think it is a great exercise in creativity, and it shows how much of an influence cognitive reasoning and pattern matching is on everything you look at. I think the crews at NASA probably have a hard time with a lot of it.
edit on 17-1-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: 0bserver1

I should know better by now, than to hold out hope that something credible and real is going to pop up on topic of intelligent alien life cropping up somewhere, particularly Mars.

The day that something credible gets posted will be done by...no stranger to ATS, mister Phage!

The day he posts something on Mars I will see the stars and flags go blasting away. So don't give up hope

#Phage

Phage is a very smart guy. But I'd be willing to bet you $100 that he will NOT be the one that breaks the story when it finally arrives.

Let me know if you'd like to take the bet. I'm sure we could find a neutral 3rd party member here to hold the money...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Something that also just entered my mind. It's not official yet, but I believe pareidolia could be a kind science too, sometimes people gather evidence that seems to have a close Acclamatio to the original subject pretending that we might be confused with something else. And so we are deflected from that particularly focused subject and are getting confused that we might be wrong, so we leave the question aside, not searching further to prove wrong.

Not everybody is affected by those story changes and have flares to protect the incoming questions and examples they present.
I almost see a resemblance between seeing that looks like something we know and present something we think we should see?

pareidolic science or using pareidolic effects for your benefit?

weird...

edit on 0b00America/ChicagoWed, 18 Jan 2017 12:12:00 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 18 Jan 2017 12:12:00 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well here is my take on it, Pareidolia is an imagined and coined phrase used to explain what is better called Image Recognition, we can create machines that while more precise than the human eye can simply still not distinguish with the same acuity that a human being does, these machine's can spot or rather highlight area's of interest on an image that a human observer would miss.

The origin of the word is actually unknown to me though in the term's with which you and other's have latched onto it as an explanation for people recognizing object's that can be explained in other way's by those that simply disagree is actually derived from the Psychological application of the term notably in reference to ink blot psychiatric test's and other visual psychometric testing by analyzing the interpretation of what something look's like, those test's are nothing like this as you know, an ink blot test is a mess of ink or similar that may or may not look like a hundred thousand different objects for example a mushroom seen by one person, an angel by another, and a nuclear blast surrounded by dead people by a schizophrenic with a knife in his back pocket or a manic depressive who hate's everyone.

But to everyone else and including them the first thing they recognize is actually an ink blot, there derivative observation has to be coaxed from them through suggestion in the terminology of the analysis and they are told to say what they think it look's like to them, if they answer factually that it look's like an ink blot then the test fail's and so they are told to imagine something even deeper.

Hence I actually believe the use of the term in relation to something as detailed and obviously unnatural looking as this particular rock CARVING is actually a bumb explanation.

Now looking at a stone edge that is obviously just protrucing from the soil of mars and that is half buried then seeing it as an arm bone or a martian in a helmet but having to work to see it that can be defined as pareidolia, indeed I had to work to see your example of that pop eye head reminiscent rock.

Actually my favorite is the Dame of guinea.
fr.wikipedia.org...
Now if this was more symetrical and could be proven to be a sculpture of this magnitude in Africa we would have to seriously rethink the history of Africa and of human civilization in the region (which I believe we do anyway) but the point is that this MAY be a case of pareidolia.
In this case the cliff seen from an angle has the vague appearance of a human female but on closer observation it actually vanishes, note the difference, closer observation it vanishes and become just an eroded rock face with some similarity to a human shape but more to a rock face suffering erosion.
Now by contrast closer observation of this particular image I believe MAY be a carving on mars actually make's more detail, intricate and exotic, jewelry, curled hair or ornamental head dress, closed eye's and open eye's, hand protruding from a sleeve that looks' almost like fish tail or flower petal like form, finger tip jewelry etc all jump out as you look more and more at it, the different to a pareidoliac image could not be starker or more contrasting though by itself this does not prove it is an artifact just something extremely intriguing.

Now an important obseration there is some Anthopromorphising I most certainly am projecting upon the image but in fact there are three fingers on the hand, those finger tip ornament's appear to be finger tip suction cup's and the fingers look almost tenticle like, the hair which I interpret as cury look's more fish scale like though the faces are actually humanoid, Oanes or similar Dogon fish men type being's would also be a viable explanation though one I personaly did not leap at.

edit on 18-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join