It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were so many of histories best warriors homosexual???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The Homosexual Revolution was and is the way it is

No shame in that.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
From my research, I conclude the possabilty that some or all of the mentioned war lords, might have been woman disguised as men...

Its sounds weird, but take the possability in encounter..

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Look's like a who's who of Hellenistic/Roman war figures. Where are all the Chinese commanders and warriors? The Chinese and Asia continent houses some of the bloodiest wars fought on the planet.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
They also partook in bestiality.

Wouldn't really consider raping and pillaging to be all that heroic.

Most of the royal lineages had some genetic problems, due to all the incestuous breeding.

I haven't heard of any beasiality as of yet in my military history romp..

None that it wasn't an admittedly bias source intent on bashing the primary.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Look's like a who's who of Hellenistic/Roman war figures. Where are all the Chinese commanders and warriors? The Chinese and Asia continent houses some of the bloodiest wars fought on the planet.

I haven't done much Asian culture yet.
edit on 13-1-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Who is fitter on average these days. Gay men or straight men. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

If you extol the male form above all others. It makes you want to be all ripped and six packie. Think about all those Greek and Roman nude male statues. They thought the male nude form was the highest form of perfection. Same reason you have a lot of down low homosexual stuff go DOWN* at gyms.

The fitter you are. The more you strive after that perfect male form. The better chance you have of becoming a bad-ass.

Six pack warrior vs beer belly warrior. Who has a better chance of being the bestest warrior evahs!!!!!!

Whoever is the fittest. Whoever strives after that perfect succulent male form.

No homo though.

*pun intended

I don't know a lot of modern day bad asses consider that "fake muscle".

Considering "farm" muscles far more functional. Gladiators also were all a lttle husky.

So I'm not sure that translates, though I think maybe the way being gay is precieved as weak and/or feminine in modern times might effect the way present homosexuals act. Where with no previous notion in anchient times, it didn't have the same effect.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

10 Deadliest Wars in Human History

Just count how many of those wars involved China in some way. There is a reason that the Art of War was written by a Chinese person.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with it:

Pederasty in ancient Greece

The influence of pederasty on Greek culture of these periods was so pervasive that it has been called "the principal cultural model for free relationships between citizens."

Homosexuality in ancient Rome

Pederasty

Athenian pederasty

Practiced by the ruling class.. only now w sex slaves!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They were probably greatly influenced by the West.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

That's an interesting theory.

I wonder if they promoted it in their upper/warrior classes for that reason.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

They were probably greatly influenced by the West.

What are you trying to say by that statement? That the Chinese and Far Eastern nations owe their entire culture to the west? I mean of COURSE the Chinese were influenced by the west, but I'm not sure why you are telling me this in context to what I said. For one, the Chinese invented gunpowder and were using that LONG before the west got around to using it. Ignoring the history of Chinese warfare is just lopsided history.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Ok, I agree. The Chinese are just as scary as Westerners..

What I was suggesting is that empire building and major warfare on the scale of the Western lineage, may have influenced the Mongolians and Chinese.

I think empire-building on a major scale originated with the first Sumerian kings, then later passed down to the Assyrians, Phoenicians/Canaanites, then later, Etruscans, Romans, Greek, Europeans/Brit, etc. who are at least partly related in a continuous genetic lineage.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Well humanity all traces back to a singular point in Africa. So in effect there are influences in ALL cultures from each other. But yes, China definitely took influence from these other civilizations. Just as they took influence from China. It's called the Silk Road and is one of the major trade highways of the ancient world.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Within our culture/people (NZ Maori) - The word 'Takataapui' (pronounced Tar-kar-taar-poo-ee) refers to those who have partners of the same sex.

Takataapui were historically revered actually - and most definitely feared in battle.
Our Takataapui were reknown for their fighting prowess, their single-mindedness in combat and from historical stories told their absolute fearlessness when facing even certain death.

Why is that?
Who knows.
From our cultural perspective our Takataapui were revered so much as they were viewed to be people who were born imbued with 'two souls/spirits' of sorts...in a way their what we term 'Ihi' (pronounced Ee-he) or 'spiritual potency' was considered potentially double that of a heterosexual person.

It was said to be their internal and inherent dual-spirit, or Wairua (pronounced Why-Roo-Ah), afforded them a perspective of the spiritual worlds that single-spirited people were not privy to...so they didn't *fear* physical death as such, as that was death of simply the body, the physical container we exist in...they were said to hold deeper understanding that the true self is purely spirit in basis...

We historically saw battle as certainly being a physical engagement - BUT the real decider of the outcome came down to the spirit of the person engaging in battle.
If anything our warfare was seen to merely be a physical representation of spiritual combat.

Sure - physical attributes such as physical strength were prized, but ones spiritual potency was considered the greatest strength to have.

edit on 17-1-2017 by alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join