It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana DOES cause schizophrenia and triggers heart attacks, medical benefits as 'unproven'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My chest pain went away after quitting. I do miss a good night of sleep though. For anyone who has used, a lot of info is easy to dissect. There are major pros and cons, and maybe a bit to learn. Monsanto jumping in the game should cause informed users nightmares. Know your source if you cannot say no.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Probably the same way they study the effects of drugs on fetuses. They can't ethically study that on purpose, but they can study the effects of untintentional exposure. If you are someone on a medication not approved for pregnant women and suddenly you learn you are pregnant while you have been on it, voila! You are now a test subject.

You let your doctor know and your child is part of the study to determine the effects. That doesn't mean you keep taking it while pregnant, it just means they keep an eye on what happens or happened to your baby as a result of the drug.

Eventually, they draw conclusions because they have enough data, but it takes a lot of time because they are dependent on inadvertent test subjects.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

www.health.harvard.edu...

First off.

So far, this research shows only an association between smoking pot and developing psychosis or schizophrenia later on. That’s not the same thing as saying that marijuana causes psychosis.

And also.

Another new paper concluded that early marijuana use could actually hasten the onset of psychosis by three years. Those most at risk are youths who already have a mother, father, or sibling with schizophrenia or some other psychotic disorder.

And as for parkinsons tremors.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Sounds like propaganda to me. I would elaborate on why I feel that this is wrong, but ATS would censor me by deleting the post and send me a heart warming automated message telling me about their stupid little T&C policies.

So I will just say this is probably fake news.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I have seen it take the tremors away, if true, it is disgusting that the laws keep this from suffering people.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

it's completely right actually

yes smoking Skunk can lead to temporary psychosis
i've never said harmless

permanent psychological damage has not been proven
please show me....

i've been at it 50 plus years

who has seen many instances of psychosis

i suggest you get a non sprayed source
or do some home work about what your smoking

you should check out grey580 post as well
edit on 12-1-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you sure that's how they do it???

evidence

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Sounds like garbage to me too.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Not to mention the crap we've been poisoned with in CHEMTRAILS all these years. One thing they aren't trailing above for us to inhale is, sadly, anything beneficial.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

www.health.harvard.edu...

First off.

So far, this research shows only an association between smoking pot and developing psychosis or schizophrenia later on. That’s not the same thing as saying that marijuana causes psychosis.

And also.

Another new paper concluded that early marijuana use could actually hasten the onset of psychosis by three years. Those most at risk are youths who already have a mother, father, or sibling with schizophrenia or some other psychotic disorder.

And as for parkinsons tremors.

Good for sharing that video but unfortunately, as seen before, many won't watch it because "Youtube"(it apparently blocks them from doing so as well as their own convictions), all the while the evidence is right there. Anyone who wants to declare it fake share sources. Maybe the Dr. who gave it to the man can have federally endorsed peer review for evidence. Oh, wait.

edit on 12-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lets take a look at how a balancing herb correlates to the human body's balancing system.

The leaf is a vegetable, the flower is a medicine, the stalks are one of nature's most useful fibers... need I say more.

People are supposed to be consuming very small amounts of THC/CBD within their diet. Humans only seemingly relate to excess, therefore choose to consume large amounts and ignore any logical reasoning... hence this debate to begin with.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you sure that's how they do it???

evidence

According to my neurologist when we had the discussion about what I would need to do to clear the way to get pregnant ... yes, that is how they do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I know someone with Crohn's disease who can only keep food down when he has access to MJ. Watching your best childhood friend die a slow agonizing death from something like Crohn's, is intolerable. Knowing that the government is purposely making it harder for him to live a simple life, makes it very difficult for me not to fill my heart with hate.

edit on 12-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Exactly. In moderation, it's completely harmless to the majority of people.
Just like most foods, or alcohol, or even coffee, over consumption can/will become an issue.

Also people are impatient, choosing smoking over eating for the immediate effect, it's much healthier to the body to eat it, but again, moderation is key here.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's been 25 years now of daily research for me on this topic and I can say that it all comes down to the species and strain.
Sativa or Indica, forget Ruderalis, as this is usually just an Indica dominant strain, but -

For me it comes down to two things:
How's your life and How's the strain?

If things are going as per usual in a positive, basic life, no real crisis kind of way, then the marijuana fills in with your groove nicely. If life is hectic and the strain is high in thc, then yeah, you can get a little crazy at certain points.

Example: Election night 2016 - things got a little crazy (in my room/head)

But all in all, it's a better friend than alcohol or organized religion any day.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

This is really interesting.
I've managed to avoid psychosis smoking a wide variety. Are you suggesting that there is a strand I missed which could have caused it?

White people shouldn't go in the sun, blind people shouldn't ski and some people shouldn't smoke.

You're in the clear, I'm in the clear. The vast majority of the world are in the clear.
But some aren't. They don't have monthly needles for no reason.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Get him some weed then.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The most dangerous thing about marijuana or any other substance.......

Is making them illegal and criminalizing the end user.

After trillions (that's with a T folks) of dollars to fight a war on drugs for decades there are more drugs on the street today than ever.

When you outlaw drugs, only outlaws will have drugs. And then they will go and sell those drugs to anyone for hugely marked up prices.

-Isis is estimated to make $1 billion annually on Afghan heroine alone
- Chapo Guzman was on Forbes list of richest people in the world (#701), a billionaire. 70% of the Sinolea cartel annual income is from Mexican grown marijuana distributed in the US
- why do so many low income , low employment areas in the US have unproportunately high murder rates ( Chicago) - because street corners have specific monetary value- gang leaders march armed youth with guns to those corners to sell drugs to anyone and everyone. Those youth have delusions of grandeur of being a "ghetto star" but will end up incarcerated and or murdered them selves.

Just a few of the scary things about an illegal criminalized marijuana ( or any other substance for that matter) - not to mention: non-violent imprisonment / militarized local-state police / encouragement of police - judicial corruption/ illegal drugs manufactured or cut with toxic more dangerous substances/ stifling of chemical dependency treatment.

I'll risk a few extra cases of bronchitis or the like in exchange for all of the above.

link   

The laws isn't the problem.

It's the drug companies that profit from the selling of opiates for pain.

if you look at medical marijuana legal states. The sales of opiate pain medication is way down.

You know how drug companies love profit. I'm sure they are crapping their pants.

link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Please don't forget to include Ruderalis... it is likely the most important of the 3.

Ruderalis is high is CBD. The latest medicine providers are creating hybrid strains that can drastically reduce the amount of THC within. While humans have been tossing Ruderalis flower into the realm of useless to psychoactive affects, its medicinal value is the best thing found within medicine in a long time quite possibly.

Once the debates of its morality go away, the leashes of its potential will come off too... thankfully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join